Charity Corner 2017 Begins!

hrtbrk

LOL...ah well, looks like we'll get the avatar EVENTUALLY then. :rolleyes:

Never fear guys, we've still got the trophies/prizes to be disappointed in yet! :lmaosmiley:

ALSO...it's a pretty damn big LOL that the avatar says "TNT at work", but it doesn't work! :laugh:

6 minutes ago, stebenjos said:

I was 150+ donations in before I found out you can hit Tab and then down arrow and repeat to fill up the remaining donation boxes. Wish I would have known that from the beginning but it definitely made it a lot easier lol

Oh my goodness me too!!! I am so glad that I figured that out, I don't think I would have been able to make it as far as I did.  Even with the Tab button I had to take breaks. (My joints aren't the strongest.) Sure glad I'm done for this round. 
How many donations are you aiming for?

1 minute ago, fiorellino said:

Oh my goodness me too!!! I am so glad that I figured that out, I don't think I would have been able to make it as far as I did.  Even with the Tab button I had to take breaks. (My joints aren't the strongest.) Sure glad I'm done for this round. 
How many donations are you aiming for?

I threw in the towel at 300. I wasn't really aiming for a specific number since this was my first year but I'll be happy if I get a trophy. Kinda bummed I didn't pay close enough attention to get the avatar but it was still a lot of fun :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, stebenjos said:

I threw in the towel at 300. I wasn't really aiming for a specific number since this was my first year but I'll be happy if I get a trophy. Kinda bummed I didn't pay close enough attention to get the avatar but it was still a lot of fun :biggrin:

That's still really good I think. I was around 300 as well, and then got really carried away with things. I honestly didn't think I would qualify for the avatar because I missed the first 1.5 days. I am looking forward to the trophies and prizes! :)

Do we know if the solution is to donate once every day? Or how this new one is unlocked? Quite the mess TNT has created here.

17 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Do we know if the solution is to donate once every day? Or how this new one is unlocked? Quite the mess TNT has created here.

From what Jellyneo is saying you had to donate once for at least 4 days in total

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

LOL...ah well, looks like we'll get the avatar EVENTUALLY then. :rolleyes:

Never fear guys, we've still got the trophies/prizes to be disappointed in yet! :lmaosmiley:

ALSO...it's a pretty damn big LOL that the avatar says "TNT at work", but it doesn't work! :laugh:

Will they though? I worried we won't get it or that they'll never get it fixed. I will not be happy if that's the case...

1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

I'm not 100% on the donate four days in a row thing. The boards seem to say different things and a lot of us here have also donated 4 days (or every day) and still haven't received it.

The boards only talk about those who didn't get the Charity Corner 2015 avatar, and are getting the new Charity Corner 2017 avatar. Some who have gotten it, have donated for 7 days, but some have said they got it by donating less day. It seems the avatar is "glitched" being awarded for those of us who did get the Charity Corner 2015 avatar. As far as I can tell, no one who has gotten the Charity Corner 2015 avatar has been awarded the new Charity Corner 2017 avatar. I know I've donated for 7.5 days. I really hope if they can't fix it by midnight NST tonight, they at least award it with the basic trophy and up. I guess we will see what TNT/JS does...

If you look at the page source code, it looks like they used the code from the last Charity Corner, which used code from the first CC. You can see references to the "most generous Neopians". That was from the first CC where they had a leader board going. I can understand using previous source code, but at least test it first. The avatar awarding code looks the same as last CC's.

*sigh* I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This is from the same TNT/JS that didn't seem concerned about changing the "Daily Question".

2 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

I'm not 100% on the donate four days in a row thing. The boards seem to say different things and a lot of us here have also donated 4 days (or every day) and still haven't received it.

Ditto. The boards have so many theories, but I don't even know what to believe in. 

I hope neopets fixes this. I really want that avvie and if I don't get it I might send a very strongly worded complaint to them. :P

So my question is, for those of us with the previous avatar who have the glitch affecting us, since the event is going to end very soon, how/where will we get the avatar?  If it required 'one more donation' to activate it for everybody else, how will it work for us?  We're not going to be able to make one more donation. 

23 minutes ago, nicolelouise said:

So my question is, for those of us with the previous avatar who have the glitch affecting us, since the event is going to end very soon, how/where will we get the avatar?  If it required 'one more donation' to activate it for everybody else, how will it work for us?  We're not going to be able to make one more donation. 

That is a good question. Trophies still have to be awarded. And they are usually awarded after the event ends. So, they could award the avatar along with the trophies. Well, that could be one way. Not sure what TNT/JS will do, though.

i donated for the last time 15 minutes before the event ended and no avatar :(

on the other hand I made some good NP from selling my R90's 

and I just fought in the BD and got 3 R90's lol ... i think i have gotten a total of 3 R90's in the BD during the WHOLE week the event was live (im now almost sure they changed the ratios of items/codestones during the event)   

1 minute ago, Angeló said:

i donated for the last time 15 minutes before the event ended and no avatar :(

on the other hand I made some good NP from selling my R90's 

and I just fought in the BD and got 3 R90's lol ... i think i have gotten a total of 3 R90's in the BD during the WHOLE week the event was live (im now almost sure they changed the ratios of items/codestones during the event)   

I'm quite sure they did. I received a boat load of codestones and only 2-3 R90s throughout the event. Normally I get fewer codestones and more books.

Lets see what happens when they release the prizes. I'm hoping they changed the requirements for the avatar and instead of it being x many days of donating to be those who earned a trophy from bronze up since usually just participant tiers don't get an avatar.

*sigh* This has turned into a bit of a hot mess, hasn't it? And there we were thinking JS was getting better...

More of us were calling them TNT now, had you noticed that? I think that shows that subconsciously we'd started trusting them more, but now it's looking like some/one of them at least isn't deserving of that trust.

*pokes lazy coder in the eye* <_<

10/2/2017 04:53amFolder:InboxSubject:How Charitable!Message:

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a bronze trophy for your user lookup, as well as 2,000 Neopoints, 150 NC and an exclusive item! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

i didnt receive the NC yet and the item is a construction helmet

29 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a bronze trophy for your user lookup, as well as 2,000 Neopoints, 150 NC and an exclusive item! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

How many items did you donate? I'm still waiting for my prize to be awarded. 

31 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I haven't gotten ANYTHING and the Charity Corner page is talking about a Prize/Gift shop that I can't get to (as they don't link it), I don't have a trophy, or a message, or NC, or the avie, or prize! Nothing! What's going on..... this is a bit annoying....

1 minute ago, fiorellino said:

How many items did you donate? I'm still waiting for my prize to be awarded. 

As mentioned before, I haven't received anything either. I'm right there with you.

So the hot mess continues!

Well, for me...

Firstly, TNT seem REALLY keen to tell me how much they appreciate my participation.

Qqw4vFb.png

Which has resulted in...

nPK6GGd.png

But, TWO exclusive items, I hear you cry?! Why yes! Not only the WONDERFUL yellow hard hat, but - be still my beating heart - a reflective vest too!!

clo_vest_const.gif Marvel at the amazingness of it!

AND - now really, can you take any more excitement at this point? - because of the neomail glitch, I got THREE of each of them! A positive BOUNTY of riches! :lmaosmiley:

*coughs* Right, sarcasm aside - I can put it to one side though it is an effort! fear not sarcasm I will return for you soon <3 - I donated 1000 times to get this silver trophy charity2_3.gifhate to think how many were needed to get the gold one.

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

So the hot mess continues!

Well, for me...

Firstly, TNT seem REALLY keen to tell me how much they appreciate my participation.

Qqw4vFb.png

Which has resulted in...

nPK6GGd.png

But, TWO exclusive items, I hear you cry?! Why yes! Not only the WONDERFUL yellow hard hat, but - be still my beating heart - a reflective vest too!!

clo_vest_const.gif Marvel at the amazingness of it!

AND - now really, can you take any more excitement at this point? - because of the neomail glitch, I got THREE of each of them! A positive BOUNTY of riches! :lmaosmiley:

*coughs* Right, sarcasm aside - I can put it to one side though it is an effort! fear not sarcasm I will return for you soon <3 - I donated 1000 times to get this silver trophy charity2_3.gifhate to think how many were needed to get the gold one.

1000 for silver!?!? Well I'm not happy.... I thought they'd lower it this year :(( I only donated just UNDER 500 because my computer started glitching. I'm still ticked about none of this stuff being awarded..... lol I'd spend the NC before they notice and take it away! haha 

Also what is with all these construction things? I don't see these items becoming very popular or worth more NP in the future Ugh.

14 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

1000 for silver!?!? Well I'm not happy.... I thought they'd lower it this year :(( I only donated just UNDER 500 because my computer started glitching. I'm still ticked about none of this stuff being awarded..... lol I'd spend the NC before they notice and take it away! haha 

Also what is with all these construction things? I don't see these items becoming very popular or worth more NP in the future Ugh.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked at only getting a silver trophy, especially as the event was shorter than previous ones. I was about bored to DEATH of the buying/donating cycle when I still had 100 to go, but I didn't want to give up at that point.

For an event that does a much needed job of reducing bandwidth and subsequently their costs, you'd think they'd do more to encourage people when it comes to prizes. Seriously.

The items are special and r.101 too, Of course...

Funny you saying that about the NC, I go totally the other way and am afraid to use it unless I get frozen. >_< I'm gonna leave it to sit for a few months.

Nothing weird for me, I was awarded new avatar bronze trophy 200 NC and some ugly helmet. I did NOT get the avatar for the fall CC.

Donated 205 times - every day but the first half day.

13 minutes ago, Angeló said:

wow that vest is stunning .. so modern art :D

Gold trophy is 2000 donations

I donated 162 times for the Bronze

and i got my NC 

I think my sarcasm went to visit Angelo! xD

2000 for gold isn't as bad as I feared got to admit, I was afraid it was gonna be 5000. 2000 is still a LOT though, when the (what will be super) exclusive item is highly likely to be a piece of unattractive and worthless protective clothing.

Let's take a guess at what it will be...some work gloves? Some steel toecap boots maybe? Or how about a grimy and battered old Thermos flask so they can have a cup of coffee after all their hard work?

How about a pick axe? So they can go and play on Minecraft instead of wasting time on Neo events for rubbish prizes. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

Me too! :( And NO avatar! :'( Ok, I do like to give and I sent a lot of my 90+ items to my college sisters so they might get better prizes, so I am trying to be thankful for my bronze trophy & construction hat... but who knew that they wanted SO much?!