Charity Corner 2017 Begins!

hrtbrk

1 hour ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I'd spend the NC before they notice and take it away! haha

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Funny you saying that about the NC, I go totally the other way and am afraid to use it unless I get frozen. >_< I'm gonna leave it to sit for a few months.

You're right, jelly! You should NOT spend that NC (or sell the dupe items), because taking advantage of a glitch is a freezable offence. I'd say wait a couple of days and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, send in a ticket.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

How about a pick axe? So they can go and play on Minecraft instead of wasting time on Neo events for rubbish prizes.

its actually a  Hammer Fence Foreground hammer fence foreground 

worst .. prizes .. ever

2 minutes ago, Angeló said:

worst .. prizes .. ever

That looks kinda creepy. Might be good to use for a Halloween customization, but otherwise looks like a setting for a horror movie. Although, it might keep the zombies away, or make them think twice. No offense to your profile pic @funkydragondiva78. I think it may even freak out Bob the Builder.

7 minutes ago, Angeló said:

worst .. prizes .. ever

I want to say "couldn't have put it better myself!"

But a little voice in the back of my head is saying "bet they can produce worse if they try! :lmaosmiley:"

:mellow:

I wish they'd let us know what was required for each prize level.  I had close to 2000 donations, but got silver.  If I'd realized I was near the cut-off, I might have dumped a few more gross foods or cheap books.

The good part is, I got some pretty interesting prizes from the donations of cheap items.  I dumped a lot of cheap foods that were only worth a couple NP, and obtained mostly Collectable Cards and books. I suspect the value of them (right now most are around 500-1500 NP) will drop, due to supply and demand, since everyone else probably got the same prizes. 

Has anyone seen any updates about a prize shop? 

" Oh, it's you! We have more than enough items now thanks to all the donations we received. Granny's still at the gift shop though, to hand out prizes to those who still have Donation Receipts to spend. Quick! Head over there if you have any left with you"

Is this the same thing it said last year, or will we have a chance to get better prizes?

54 minutes ago, suzanoberle said:

I wish they'd let us know what was required for each prize level.  I had close to 2000 donations, but got silver.  If I'd realized I was near the cut-off, I might have dumped a few more gross foods or cheap books.

The good part is, I got some pretty interesting prizes from the donations of cheap items.  I dumped a lot of cheap foods that were only worth a couple NP, and obtained mostly Collectable Cards and books. I suspect the value of them (right now most are around 500-1500 NP) will drop, due to supply and demand, since everyone else probably got the same prizes. 

This is why I stuck it out to get to 1000 donations, despite being keen to stop at around 850 >_<

It seemed wise to continue to a solid round number, just in case, and I'm now very glad that I did.

1 hour ago, suzanoberle said:

It looks like they based the trophy levels on the last Charity Corner. I know many were going by that (based on Neoboard posts), just in case, and it seem it "paid off" for those who did. Something to think about, for/if next Charity Corner.

48 minutes ago, missmadiemay said:

Has anyone seen any updates about a prize shop? 

" Oh, it's you! We have more than enough items now thanks to all the donations we received. Granny's still at the gift shop though, to hand out prizes to those who still have Donation Receipts to spend. Quick! Head over there if you have any left with you"

Is this the same thing it said last year, or will we have a chance to get better prizes?

That (prize shop) is if you donated NC items. When you donated NC items, you received a "donation receipt", in return. The "donation receipts" allowed you to "purchase" NC items from the prize shop, ranging from 1-4 receipts, for the prize you wanted to get. @Mouseykins did a nice TDN write-up about it, here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/customization-wearables/charity-corner-17/. This is not like a prize shop for the Altador Cup, or other site events, where you received "points" based on how you played, and then are able to spend those points for prizes, at the end.

At least it looks like I'm not the only one who hasn't received anything yet. XD

Edit: Got the trophy. :) I'm guessing they're sending them out in waves? (Now let's just hope they'll somehow manage to fix that avatar glitch...)
Edit 2: The NC doesn't seem to have made its way into my account just yet, but the NC mall won't open either, so I'm guessing something's kinda glitchy there too.

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a bronze trophy for your user lookup, as well as 2,000 Neopoints, 150 NC and an exclusive item! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

Well I'm glad I got some NC out of this lol. Might be able to pick something nice out from the mall soon!

Doesn't look like we have any news on that avatar yet. Boo!

I've seen several post on the Neoboards, where those who did get the Winter Charity Corner avatar, now don't seem to have it anymore. I'm hoping that is due to TNT/JS working to fix the "avatar" issue. *keeping fingers crossed*

EDIT: Wow! They already put out the Neopian Times for this week! So, for all of us waiting for the Winter Charity Corner 2017 avatar, here is what today's editorial (ref: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=768) has to say:

"*Tries to find a cookie to give to CQ* Oh, wait! Granny took all my cookies :o There are none left :( Atleast it was for a good cause! :) Thank you TNT for organising another Charity Corner! I very much enjoyed participating in it :D Unfortunately it seems something's gone awry when handing out the avatars to those of us who already had the Fall CC avvie. I can't imagine Granny not wanting to reward us after having put in all that work gathering these donation items. Could you please send her an urgent message asking her to award us our avatars? 0:-) Thank you! :* ~ 1_charlotte_1
Well then you've already given me plenty! Hellooooo, I was in charge of the food donations for a reason guys! Anywho, we're looking into this, so just be patient with us! Avatars are still a-comin'."

So, hold on tight!

EDIT EDIT: 10 Feb 2017@4:03 NST - WooHoo!!! I just got the new Winter Charity Corner 2017 avatar! They fixed it! They fixed it! No notification. Check your preferences or your avatar count of your user lookup! Gratz everyone!!!

9 hours ago, deboratibi said:

You're right, jelly! You should NOT spend that NC (or sell the dupe items), because taking advantage of a glitch is a freezable offence. I'd say wait a couple of days and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, send in a ticket.

I was joking guys..... I know it's a freezable offense, I was just adding to the sarcasm......

9 hours ago, aussieten said:

So all the trophies have been handed out? It seems like I should have gotten something for donating 550 times :(

Yes, you should have.  I know people who donated less than you who got the bronze trophy.  I gave 700 and also got the bronze trophy.  Hope you've gotten it by now.

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

That looks kinda creepy. Might be good to use for a Halloween customization, but otherwise looks like a setting for a horror movie. Although, it might keep the zombies away, or make them think twice. No offense to your profile pic @funkydragondiva78. I think it may even freak out Bob the Builder.

I literally thought it looked like a scene out of the Texas Chain Saw Massacre but with hammers....

*shivers*

Well I've submitted a ticket about my triple-serving of prizes, so hopefully I'm not to blame for the slorginess of some areas right now. I'm not attempting to access the mall until I see other people reporting that it's loading again. :nod_yes:

12 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I was joking guys..... I know it's a freezable offense, I was just adding to the sarcasm......

I'm glad you do then, but not everyone does and they might not get the sarcasm. I had to make it clear so no one gets in trouble :smile:

20 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I'm glad you do then, but not everyone does and they might not get the sarcasm. I had to make it clear so no one gets in trouble :smile:

That's alright! I just wanted people to know I wasn't serious! Sorry lol :0)

EDIT; I FINALLY got the Avie! That was a bit scary for a couple days there! lol

Checked on my ticket today and was thrilled!

FJlX6ML.png

It looks like it's actually being sorted out! I was shocked, I expected it to stay open forever, like the other one I have that's still open from 2015...

REALLY hoping this is completed soon, it's making me anxious having the extra prize things hanging around.

Wait, what? Where did you hear this? I looked around the neoboards and didn't see anyone talking about this :huh:

If that were to happen, that would simply be the worst idea ever because that would destabilise the economy even more (not just by making r99 junk more expensive, that doesn't matter as much - but by making r99 stamps and other items so much cheaper). That would ruin things for restockers and make stamp avatars annoyingly common. Not to mention that they'd be losing an event that people look forward to (an event where people spend NC).

FAQs  

Neopets > Charity Corner Community Hall >

Why do we need a Community Hall?

Over the past few years, Granny has helped many-a-Neopian during the Charity Corner events but feels bad that she can help them only once a year. After a brain-storming session with TNT, Granny decided that a Hall would be a great place for Neopians to meet and help each other out all year long. The Hall will be open throughout the year and will be great place for the Neopets community to meet and converse as well as read books or help each other out during quests.