Charity Corner 2017 Begins!

hrtbrk

I think that's just storyline to explain a community hall being built, it's not going to be an actual addition to the game.

In other news...

kPqo6e9.png

This seems a wholly unprofessional way of dealing with this! O.O Why am I having to do it. If I can donate the NP, why can't I donate the items...why can't THEY remove the extras. :guiltysmiley:

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I think that's just storyline to explain a community hall being built, it's not going to be an actual addition to the game.

In other news...

kPqo6e9.png

This seems a wholly unprofessional way of dealing with this! O.O

this Rico guy is worthless !!

i submitted a bug report about the battledome and all he said "your complain was archived"

anyway wait a few months and then buy anything you want with the extra NC .. they will have forgotten all about it by then 

as for the extra items and NP - yes discard them :) 

17 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah I've seen people before saying Rico is lazy. So I guess this is a Rico solution, rather than proper TNT protocol?

actually that IS the proper TNT protocol .. he's worthless bcz he could do it himself but he made YOU do it

these are a few answers from the NT editorial

The script that awards Mystery Pic winners sometimes gets a little over-excited and awards prizes twice. You won't get in trouble for this, though we do request that you discard the extra item prize.

Hello! So this is a common thing that can happen when a script is running granting a prize, but to confirm it for you, and put your minds all at ease, there is nothing to worry about when this happens. Simply discard the extra, and enjoy your actual prize!

Sorry about that funky glitch! D: We will be removing those items for everyone during the next few days, but you can also discard the items yourself (please discard, don't donate).

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

Over the past few years, Granny has helped many-a-Neopian during the Charity Corner events but feels bad that she can help them only once a year. After a brain-storming session with TNT, Granny decided that a Hall would be a great place for Neopians to meet and help each other out all year long. The Hall will be open throughout the year and will be great place for the Neopets community to meet and converse as well as read books or help each other out during quests.

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Aww man, I hate this... that does kind of sound like a pretext to make this a daily thing, kind of how they change things around the site via plots (e.g. Faerieland). But at the same time, it's very confusing because they call it a "great place for the Neopets community to meet and converse as well as read books or help each other out during quests.". Meeting and conversing, and reading books doesn't have much to do with the Charity Corner event itself... And what do they mean by quests? This raises more questions than it answers. I think you're probably right, jelly, but I kind of want someone to ask about this in the editorial just to make sure, lol.

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

I think you're probably right, jelly, but I kind of want someone to ask about this in the editorial just to make sure, lol.

I'm HOPING I'm right, because as you say the wording is REALLY ambiguous, it could mean so many things.

It certainly could be just cute storyline, but because of how it's worded it definitely could be interpreted as meaning US, not people's pets, so I think it's gonna have caused considerable confusion.

So some clarification would be amazing. Hope someone does send a question in to the editorial, though I'm not wanting to do that myself. *hides under desk* D:

I took it all to be just cute storyline, because in the FAQ question about what will happen to the items:

What are the different categories of items? What will they be used for?

There are 5 categories of items this year. They are: Books – To fill the upcoming library in the new Community Hall, Coffee and Beverages – For the construction workers to have while they take a break, Food – To provide lunch meals for workers, Furniture and Gardening – Will be reused to furnish the Hall or salvaged to help with the construction of the Hall, Gifts – To be sold at a Garage Sale to raise funds for the construction of the Hall.

it gives story, rather than saying, "Oh, yeah, we're just trying to clear our servers.  Each item you donate will then cease to exist in-game."  I mean, where's the romance in that?  They're just keeping the fourth wall intact, I thought.  I hope!  Because "helping each other out" sounds more like what the neoboards are already used for.  Why duplicate that?  I think, if they were to try to have year-round charity corner-type activity, they would have to completely rethink how it works.  I can't see its current format being a viable option on a long-term basis.