Charity Corner 2017 Begins!

hrtbrk

Granny Hopboppin and Charity Corner have returned for 2017. There are 5 categories of items to donate to the charity drive this year.  To participate, simply donate 5 items from the categories below, within the same rarity range and receive an exclusive prize based on the rarity you donated. The more you donate, the better the bonus prize you get at the end of the event - which could be an avatar.

charitycorner_toy_drive_2015.jpg

Books – To fill the upcoming library in the new Community Hall
Coffee and Beverages – For the construction workers to have while they take a break
Food – To provide lunch meals for workers
Furniture and Gardening – Will be reused to furnish the Hall or salvaged to help with the construction of the Hall
Gifts – To be sold at a Garage Sale to raise funds for the construction of the Hall.

Whoa! Look what I got from Granny Hopboppin for donating 3x 

Faerie Lupe Morphing Potion !!!! :biggrin:  Guys, I put up all the Coffee Slushies, Speak Tyrannia and Skies above Tyrannia books and wa-la! AMAZING!

And you guys can do it too!  (Unless you are going for the PackRat Avvie but we have loads of these, so just leave 1 in your SDB and donate the rest! Good Luck!

And for donating 10x , I got a Cheery Holiday Bruce Goodie Bag!!! :cap:

I am clearing out my SDB, but if you aren't too concerned about the gift you get back,

For Books: like hrtbrk said from Battle Dome- Skies Above Tyrannia, Speak Tyrannian from Anchor Mangement- Tuskaninny Treasures, Skieth Maps, Pirate Talk

most of the Faellie and Gallion books, whatever you get from King Altador-Lenny Crossword Puzzles, and Shenkuu Lunar Festival Comemmorative Guide (from Lunar Chart daily)

For Coffee & Beverages : Coffee, Coffee Slushies (from Advent Calendar)

For Food: bitten green apples, neocrackers, starry cookie piles r80 or starry crunch r83 (from Battle Dome) but keep in mind about hrtbrk's advice-if you want a good prize, donate higher scaled food 

For Furniture:  Starry Biscuit Jar (from Battle Dome)

For Gifts: Shenkuu Sushi Magnet & Shenkuu Postcard (from Lunar Chart daily)

Today, 2/5/17 Day 4 of Charity Corner :

I donated 5 space faerie cereals and got  This morphing potion has a strange almost inky smell to it. Do you dare drink it?Dimensional Jetsam Morphing Potion  (Donation #91) and 5 more space faerie cereals to get  Wow! This is one of those super rare Faerie plushies!!!!

Taelia Plushie :biggrin:! Trying to pace myself bc I don't have a lot of these 90+ items left, but this is pretty cool!

Also, I got this yesterday 

toy_faerie_soup.gifSoup Faerie Doll
(super rare)
 and I can't find a price for this cutie. Can anyone tell me what would be a fair price to expect? (Angelo knows I'm very bad at pricing!) I think I will keep the 2  (Taelia & Soup Faerie) in my SDB until I know what is reasonable to ask. Thanks for any advice in advance!

Edited by midnight_spell360
Another Cool Prize to encourage TDN Buddies to donate

1 minute ago, megbowles17 said:

i keep getting junk but i really dont have much to give lol XD how do you get such good items

A great way to get items for "free' is to use the battledome every single day. The Ugga Dome offers several R90 items (books) that you can use towards donating. I believe there are a few other domes that offer R90 books, food items, gifts and neomhome items.

If you have a lot of neopoints to gamble, you can buy items from the Shop Wiz in hopes of getting big ticket items.

Remember that the rarity you donate will reflect the prize you receive. If you are only donating R60 items, for example, you're going to only get an R60 item in return.

Best of luck!

If only Gross Food and Spooky Food had more higher rarities...I have tons (well, you know, a lot) of both, but hardly any uncommon, let alone rare. Oh, well.

EDIT: This sounds interesting, "Granny Hopbobbin has decided that she needs a nice, warm shelter to help Neopians in need, all-year-round." Special note/emphasis on the "all-year-round". Wonder if the Community Hall will be a permanent place in Neopia, and we can donate "all-year-round"? That would be interesting. Hmm...maybe the new Battledome arena will be the Community Hall? That would be funny.

there's a terrible lag right now

anyway ive been hoarding books and toys from the BD for 2 years .. but the first R90+ books i donated gave me  Highland Gelert Bracers which are worth about 15k (the 5 books are now worth 30-40k each) so it's not a good trade honestly .. i'm going to sell the rest of my books :)  i'll keep donating lesser rarity items though ... 

I wish I'd known this was coming.  Lots of stuff that was 5 NP yesterday is now 40,000!

Last time I mostly sold items, as I wasn't that lucky getting good stuff from granny.   Does anyone know how long the Charity Corner will be available?  

If I sell some R90 items now at 30K, I'll be annoyed if I waited a couple days longer and they become 50K.  On the other hand, if I wait too long and it ends,  the items go back to being worthless again.

No wonder why my shop's empty! I was wondering why I sold out on everything, including some stuff that's been sitting there for a year.... :D

Thankfully I've been hoarding stuff away, so I'm soooooooooooo excited for this. Yay!!!!

EDIT

I just got a Pirate Slingshot. Awesome sauce! Oh and an Island Tuskaninny MP. Woot!

OMG I GOT A DARK FAERIE DOLL. GUYS I'M IN SHOCK. :bigeyed:

Cool, thanks for letting us know =) So far, I got Melted Strawberry Ice Cream Cone (wearable) and  Electro-Boy (card). I am also hoping to get the avatar this year!

28 minutes ago, suzanoberle said:

I wish I'd known this was coming.  Lots of stuff that was 5 NP yesterday is now 40,000!

Last time I mostly sold items, as I wasn't that lucky getting good stuff from granny.   Does anyone know how long the Charity Corner will be available?  

If I sell some R90 items now at 30K, I'll be annoyed if I waited a couple days longer and they become 50K.  On the other hand, if I wait too long and it ends,  the items go back to being worthless again.

Charity Corner will be ending on the 9th so there's still plenty of time to cash in on the craziness.

Unless there's a new avatar for this I'm not going to be participating. I may donate things I get from my dailies and maybe buy a few things but as for going all out insane not a chance.

Nice!

Now I've been tucking things away religiously awaiting another charity corner, so now to delve into the dark reaches of my SDB and see what I can find!

Oh yeahh I just received a King Hagan Quiguki which is worth about 2.5m :D!! I donated some books (do not remember which ones). It was at about my 11th donation. 
I just hope that they lower the count for the number of donations we have to make in order to get good trophies.

Other stuff I received that I'm happy with:

Illusen Wig   Usul-in-waiting Stamp  clo_flotsam_elegant_shirt.gif   clo_wocky_warrior_sword.gif 
Illusen the Earth Faerie (Illusen the earth faerie)  Purple Eyrie Morphing Potion  bd_tyr_club.gif

*roots in SDB* Ooh, LOOK at all these accumulated BD prizes that I can donate! :lmaosmiley: (as an aside, yay the emotes are working again now, thanks Ian!)

1st donation - Moltaran Fashion Eyrie Skirt clo_eyrie_moltfash_dress.gif 13k cute skirt, shame it's species specific!

2nd - Darigan Vacana Plushie  dto_pludar_vacana.gif  13.8k (also, could it BE any more adorable?!)

3rd - Pretty Kau Cloud Dress  clo_kau_clouddress.gif also 13.8k

Not a bad haul for 15 strawberry fondant surprises! :D This is fun :happydance:

WOAH, first biggy for me... donation 32 - Darigan Ixi Morphing Potion mpo_ixi_darigan.gif 1.3m. That was from 5 copies of Fire Faerie Magic, courtesy of the BD!

Onto many copies of Skies Above Tyrannia now!

33 - Rainbow Pteri Feather Stamp sta_holo_rainbowpterifeather.gif 125k

35 - Gathow pet_gathow.gif  450k

36 - Ghost Shoyru Morphing Potion Q1P0a6T.gif 120k

37 - Fire Aisha Morphing Potion  pot_aisha_fire.gif150k

Getting a bit blasé about this now, lol!

53 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

*roots in SDB* Ooh, LOOK at all these accumulated BD prizes that I can donate! :lmaosmiley: (as an aside, yay the emotes are working again now, thanks Ian!)

1st donation - Moltaran Fashion Eyrie Skirt clo_eyrie_moltfash_dress.gif 13k cute skirt, shame it's species specific!

2nd - Darigan Vacana Plushie  dto_pludar_vacana.gif  13.8k (also, could it BE any more adorable?!)

3rd - Pretty Kau Cloud Dress  clo_kau_clouddress.gif also 13.8k

Not a bad haul for 15 strawberry fondant surprises! :D This is fun :happydance:

WOAH, first biggy for me... donation 32 - Darigan Ixi Morphing Potion mpo_ixi_darigan.gif 1.3m. That was from 5 copies of Fire Faerie Magic, courtesy of the BD!

Onto many copies of Skies Above Tyrannia now!

33 - Rainbow Pteri Feather Stamp sta_holo_rainbowpterifeather.gif 125k

35 - Gathow pet_gathow.gif  450k

36 - Ghost Shoyru Morphing Potion Q1P0a6T.gif 120k

37 - Fire Aisha Morphing Potion  pot_aisha_fire.gif150k

Getting a bit blasé about this now, lol!

WOW so many potions!!! Im jelly :angel:

The lag is killing me though :(

11 minutes ago, Karinag said:

WOW so many potions!!! Im jelly :angel:

The lag is killing me though :(

Hey, I'M Jelly, so you can't be too, lol. xD Seriously though, if you have r.90 stuff to donate, you're gonna get some good stuff in return, so good luck!

Just now, jellysundae said:

Hey, I'M Jelly, so you can't be too, lol. xD Seriously though, if you have r.90 stuff to donate, you're gonna get some good stuff in return, so good luck!

Is it specifically 90 or 90 and above? Going through my sdb right now and doing some fight at the bd

1 minute ago, Karinag said:

Is it specifically 90 or 90 and above? Going through my sdb right now and doing some fight at the bd

r.90+ :nod_yes: Those endless Obelisk battles have all become worthwhile once their book prizes net you morphing potions, gotta say!

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

r.90+ :nod_yes: Those endless Obelisk battles have all become worthwhile once their book prizes net you morphing potions, gotta say!

Thanks!

Also, do you know whether it matters if you give different 90+ items or is it better to give 5 of the same items?

23 minutes ago, Karinag said:

Thanks!

Also, do you know whether it matters if you give different 90+ items or is it better to give 5 of the same items?

They can be different or all the same, makes no difference. Any item just needs to be within 5 rarity of the one selected before it, or it won't be offered as a selection. Not sure I'm making sense there, but hopefully you'll figure out what I mean through trial and error. >_<

Edit: One thing I'm noticing here...I'm currently donating food and am in the r.30 range at the moment, but the prizes I'm winning have mainly been in the r.60 range. Even if they're not they're all above 30.

Hmm....... 5 space faerie cereals only got me a moisturizing cream (worth about 5k). The cereals are selling for at least 30k a piece. 

I wonder if they will bring back the avatar this year and if so, how will we get it? Donate to each category each day? Or donate once per day?

Can't decide if I should keep trying my luck or make some serious profit!

Also lost some serious cash on slushies that were in my shop when this thing started! Nuts!

Edited by missmadiemay

Donated 5 eyeball slushies (R85 .. worth about 100NP each) and got  stamp_nc_rain.gif   Super Bright Rainbow Pool Stamp

worth about 32k

but my R90+ donations aren't as profitable ... so I'm not gonna donate R90+ anymore ...

Here's something I'm noticing...I've donated 177 times so far, and I've not had a single duplicate prize yet!

And, only about 4 of them have been items that I already have. I'm liking this!

Does anyone have a list up of items that qualify under each of the categories? I've gotten a few food items out of my SDB that aren't being taken as food, so I'm just wondering.  NVM! Jellyneo put one up!

I really will never get over how people inflate these prices. It's not fair and to me I feel like it should be shut down by TNT, that's not what the items are worth and people are jacking up the prices...