Charity Corner 2017 Begins!

hrtbrk

i donted 20 times with R80's today *100 items* for a total 110 donations

i got lots of wearables and plushies ... but on my last donation i got  invisinegg.gif glass negg which is about 30k 

i can see how people say this is fun cuz i wa going for 10 donations only and sell the rest of the items (they go for about 1000NP a pop now , which to say if iam to sell these 100 items i could've made about 100k) ... but i kept donating :D  

oh and while browsing the Shopwiz I found a Tyrannian Goulash for 850NP so I snagged it :P

21 minutes ago, Spyke said:

Thanks @Mouseykins for the suggestion. I have made it to a hundred donations on Icky Fruit and self-hatred. I'm so done. I hope that was enough to get maybe the bronze trophy. And if there's an avatar or something. Who knows. That's all I got. @.@

The avatar has shown up this morning. It looks like it's a re-release from the last Charity Corner so if you donated every day (so far) and did NOT receive the avatar it may be because you already had it.

24 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

The avatar has shown up this morning. It looks like it's a re-release from the last Charity Corner so if you donated every day (so far) and did NOT receive the avatar it may be because you already had it.

Well I'm glad it's a re-release from last year so I don't have to worry about it! :)

I haven't quite made it to my 100 donations yet, but I will later today.

LOL, now I am NOT glad that it's a re-release because I wanted a new one. >_<

Really torn with how I feel about this actually, as it certainly IS nice for the people who missed out on it before, but it seems like a kick in the teeth for those who already have it. :guiltysmiley:

17 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Really torn with how I feel about this actually, as it certainly IS nice for the people who missed out on it before, but it seems like a kick in the teeth for those who already have it. :guiltysmiley:

I would have liked a new one too but in no way would I have gotten it since I haven't donated every day during this event. Hopefully the final prizes make up for the re-release of the avatar. If I remember from last year they were a bit mediocre.

How are avatars already showing up though? The event is not over yet?

I got to 102 donations this year! Hopefully that qualifies for a trophy, I really dislike those "medals"

Better start hoarding for the next one

28 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm annoyed with this re-release, not because I think it's unfair to those who already had it or whatever, but because IT MAKES NO SENSE. I get wanting to spare themselves the trouble of making a new one, but I think it would've been worth it if they made a theme-less one this year, and re-released it in the following years. Then they wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. And we wouldn't get Fall themed avatars in February :tired:

4 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I'm annoyed with this re-release, not because I think it's unfair to those who already had it or whatever, but because IT MAKES NO SENSE. I get wanting to spare themselves the trouble of making a new one, but I think it would've been worth it if they made a theme-less one this year, and re-released it in the following years. Then they wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. And we wouldn't get Fall themed avatars in February :tired:

maybe a new avatar will be one of the final prizes ... or when the Hall opens

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

31 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Exactly! It doesn't make sense because it's a fall avie! I also am not sure if I find it 'unfair' to whoever has it already, but as someone who DOES already have it. I find it annoying.... I know some people were donating alot/donating in every category/or donating everyday and now there really wasn't any point. Oh well. I mean maybe there will be one at the end of the event as this was JUST a re-release, but again, who knows haha

Really, I class it as laziness on TNT's part. Which is judgemental, I know, but...so? xD

It's totally sloppy to just re-release an out-of-season avatar, far better to not bother with one at all IMO. This way smacks of a last minute panic realisation that people will be expecting an avatar because previous CCs have had one, and they don't have one.

Whatever the actual  reason behind the re-use (I've got to give them at least a smidge of the benefit of the doubt) in my book it wasn't a good move. :sad01_anim:

21 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Really, I class it as laziness on TNT's part. Which is judgemental, I know, but...so? xD

It's totally sloppy to just re-release an out-of-season avatar, far better to not bother with one at all IMO. This way smacks of a last minute panic realisation that people will be expecting an avatar because previous CCs have had one, and they don't have one.

Whatever the actual  reason behind the re-use (I'd got to give them at least a smidge of the benefit of the doubt) in my book it wasn't a good move. :sad01_anim:

I'm hoping that was the case actually. Maybe they had an avatar in the making and something went wrong with the coding and or they aren't finished with it yet and WILL release it when it's over, or maybe that's wishful thinking? lol

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@jellysundae, I'm with you on this one. I am glad for those who missed out on it before, but it would have been nice to know. And, I had a feeling they were going to do this. I think I now need to post the topic you started, "How Neo likes to troll us: share your tales of woe!" Feels like I've been "trolled".

2 hours ago, Karinag said:

How are avatars already showing up though? The event is not over yet?

I got to 102 donations this year! Hopefully that qualifies for a trophy, I really dislike those "medals"

Better start hoarding for the next one

Charity Corner 2015's avatar requirement was donating at least once a day, for seven days. If you donated on 2 Feb 2017, and everyday after, today, 8 Feb 2017, would be seven days. I believe that is why some are being awarded the avatar.

Whaaaaa???  My son just got this, a release of the old one!  I am not happy.  So what do we get if we already have it?  Nice job TNT

Something Has Happened!
schooltools.gif You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

11 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Whaaaaa???  My son just got this, a release of the old one!  I am not happy.  So what do we get if we already have it?  Nice job TNT

Something Has Happened!
schooltools.gif You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Bupkis?

No no, wait.

*rolls benefit of the doubt out again - kicking and screaming*

TNT have surprised us (nicely!) before, so maybe they will this time too! *crosses fingers*

So now that I'm basically finished with the event, I figured I'd ask something that had me curious since the beginning. I don't really know much about CC since this was my first year participating, so I'm sorry if the answers are obvious. 

Were the lists of categories posted weeks (months?) in advance, or was it just common knowledge what the possibilities could be? I ask because I noticed one individual had their shop stocked from day 1 with at least 500 of each r90+ food/furniture/beverage item that you could donate. I understand that this event is usually exploited because of the potential profits in price fluctuation, but it just seemed odd that they had so many items from each category ready. Since there didn't seem to be an event last year, were they just prepared then and were able to unload their haul this year? I'm kicking myself for not participating in previous years, but I'm glad I got to this year since it was a lot of fun.

13 minutes ago, stebenjos said:

So now that I'm basically finished with the event, I figured I'd ask something that had me curious since the beginning. I don't really know much about CC since this was my first year participating, so I'm sorry if the answers are obvious. 

Were the lists of categories posted weeks (months?) in advance, or was it just common knowledge what the possibilities could be? I ask because I noticed one individual had their shop stocked from day 1 with at least 500 of each r90+ food/furniture/beverage item that you could donate. I understand that this event is usually exploited because of the potential profits in price fluctuation, but it just seemed odd that they had so many items from each category ready. Since there didn't seem to be an event last year, were they just prepared then and were able to unload their haul this year? I'm kicking myself for not participating in previous years, but I'm glad I got to this year since it was a lot of fun.

No, we didn't find out about the categories until the event actually started... But people already know that r90+ items are the ones that give out the best prizes, thus are the most sought out during these events, so people hoard these items all year round in anticipation. Since the categories aren't known, they probably collect as many categories as they can and/or they try to guess based on previous CCs. Maybe they also started buying up tons of items as soon as the event started, before the items got too expensive. And lastly, there's always the possibility of cheating in some cases, but I'm not making any accusations :whistle: 

1 hour ago, stebenjos said:

just seemed odd that they had so many items from each category ready. Since there didn't seem to be an event last year

I'd say that's exactly why  they had so many items. I know I've been sporadically hoarding absolutely everything since the last CC, and despite being infrequent about my Battledoming and Dailies I had a LOT of r.90+ items stockpiled.

What I'm really  interested in is whether TNT ever come up with a viable CC reason for donating weapons, because there's TONS of them in the system, but they're so not something Granny would want donations of! Maybe the story could be that they'd be melted down and re-used or something...I'd really like TNT to dream up a reason though.

41 minutes ago, stebenjos said:

It is usually unknown, until the first day of a CC event, what the categories will be. After the last two CC events, many people keep stockpiling just about everything. (I know I did, just in case. That first CC event left me a little "jaded"). As some of the categories were different, like Furniture & Gardening, my guess would be that one individual either already had a lot of those items in his/her SDB (prepared), and/or they may have started buying up some of that stuff up, from other shops, before the prices "skyrocketed". If you faithfully did your "dailies" everyday, since the last CC, then it would be possible to have a lot of R90+ items. For example, a "Twirly Plant" (R98) can be given from the "Grave Danger" daily. As it is a common item, although rare, it doesn't usually sell for much in user shops. But, when a CC event hits, prices go "through the roof".

19 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

No, we didn't find out about the categories until the event actually started... But people already know that r90+ items are the ones that give out the best prizes, thus are the most sought out during these events, so people hoard these items all year round in anticipation. Since the categories aren't known, they probably collect as many categories as they can and/or they try to guess based on previous CCs. Maybe they also started buying up tons of items as soon as the event started, before the items got too expensive. And lastly, there's always the possibility of cheating in some cases, but I'm not making any accusations :whistle: 

That makes a lot of sense!

My SDB was already cluttered before the event but now it seems I should start saving items from dailies  :biggrin: Thanks!

6 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I can't even say that it makes sense for the Southern Hemisphere, because it's still very definitely summer here.  *looks at forecast for 35 degC today and whimpers*

Of course I messed up, and did not get the avie this time (and last time).

You would not believe how much I donated. I got some cool stuff, but upset about not receiving the avie.

It's my fault...I'm not on here all the time. I hope to get a trophy though! High hopes

1 hour ago, tk421beth said:

Of course I messed up, and did not get the avie this time (and last time).

You would not believe how much I donated. I got some cool stuff, but upset about not receiving the avie.

It's my fault...I'm not on here all the time. I hope to get a trophy though! High hopes

You should get a trophy. Per the FAQS:

"Do I get anything for donating neopoint items?"

"Yes! You will be rewarded by Granny for every set of 5 items that you donate. The rarity of the items you donate reflect the rarity of the item you will receive in return. At the end of the event, you’ll receive a trophy and final bonus prizes based on how generous you were!"

If you base the trophies on Charity Corner 2015 trophies, 1-99 donations was the medal, 100-999 donations got you the bronze trophy, 1000-1999 donations was for the silver trophy, and 2000+ donations garnered a gold trophy. So, if you at least donated 100 times, hopefully, hopefully, it will be for a bronze trophy this time, too. As this year's CC is shorter in days, again, hopefully, the trophy "brackets" will be lower. But, as seen with the avatar, who knows?! But some sort of trophy should be guaranteed. Wonder if it will be the same trophy as last time o_O?

11 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

You should get a trophy. Per the FAQS:

"Do I get anything for donating neopoint items?"

"Yes! You will be rewarded by Granny for every set of 5 items that you donate. The rarity of the items you donate reflect the rarity of the item you will receive in return. At the end of the event, you’ll receive a trophy and final bonus prizes based on how generous you were!"

If you base the trophies on Charity Corner 2015 trophies, 1-99 donations was the medal, 100-999 donations got you the bronze trophy, 1000-1999 donations was for the silver trophy, and 2000+ donations garnered a gold trophy. So, if you at least donated 100 times, hopefully, hopefully, it will be for a bronze trophy this time, too. As this year's CC is shorter in days, again, hopefully, the trophy "brackets" will be lower. But, as seen with the avatar, who knows?! But some sort of trophy should be guaranteed. Wonder if it will be the same trophy as last time o_O?

This is good news. I'm sorry for being a spoiled brat. I upset myself when I miss out on a precious avie!