They sure nerfed Kass Basher

firaplays

Man, that game used to be an easy 1000 np. I don't think I've gotten max np since the last adjustment. I guess they were tired of people getting an automatic 3000np each day?

Hmm...I went to see how badly I would do, and I find I can no longer use the hard option and have to start all over again with the bread. <_<

Anyone know why it does that? It's happened to me once before, relatively recently. Is this something the score ratio reset does to Kass Basher?

51 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm...I went to see how badly I would do, and I find I can no longer use the hard option and have to start all over again with the bread. <_<

Anyone know why it does that? It's happened to me once before, relatively recently. Is this something the score ratio reset does to Kass Basher?

this happens when you clear your cache / cookies 

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

this happens when you clear your cache / cookies 

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I should have realised that! Thanks Angelo. :)

That, and some browsers will clear content after a certain period of time, or, after reaching the cached amount limit. For example, IE 11 will keep the last 20 days of "History" (pages you visited), and use 250Mb for cache. Firefox has a 350Mb limit for cache, and will remember websites for a long time. Once you have reached those limits, the "older" data will be deleted and replaced with the newer. So, say you play Kass Basher today, and have the bat. If you don't play for a month or longer, and do a lot of web surfing in between, it is possible, when you play Kass Basher a month later, to be back on the bread loaf.

11 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I never reached more than 328 points :sad02: 
I always shoot when wind is 9, always get the best angle but can't get more than that :sad02::sad02:

You should read the TDN guide, it is quite useful,  you will probably get to +900 after you read it (at least that was my case).

16 minutes ago, delshnya said:

You should read the TDN guide, it is quite useful,  you will probably get to +900 after you read it (at least that was my case).

I did read it. That is why I'm sad that I can't go pass 300 yet. I only shoot when wind is 9 and I hit it as soon as possible.. but can't go further than 300 :(

11 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I did read it. That is why I'm sad that I can't go pass 300 yet. I only shoot when wind is 9 and I hit it as soon as possible.. but can't go further than 300 :(

When you hit the Kass, hold down the spacebar, until it reaches the apex of its arc. Then, let go of the spacebar. When the Kass hits the ground, try hitting the spacebar with every bounce, and hold it on the last one, for a few seconds. Holding down the spacebar when you first hit the Kass makes it more aerodynamic - it  keeps the Kass's cape in, making it less wind resistant. When the Kass reaches the apex of its arc, and you let go of the spacebar, it allows the Kass's cape to expand - making the Kass fly down, but taking a longer time - travel down in more of a slight slope. Finally, when you hit the spacebar when the Kass hits the ground, it can possibly make the Kass bounce higher and stay in the air longer, and holding it down on the last bounce makes it slide on the ground longer. Just be careful. If you hold it down for too long, on the last bounce, you can totally skip the send score part and start with a new try at hitting the Kass. I've done that too many times. Good luck!

30 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

It took me forever to get the timing down, but once you do it once or twice, you'll probably be able to do it consistently. A lot of it is just getting a feel for the timing.

1 hour ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

That, and some browsers will clear content after a certain period of time, or, after reaching the cached amount limit. For example, IE 11 will keep the last 20 days of "History" (pages you visited), and use 250Mb for cache. Firefox has a 350Mb limit for cache, and will remember websites for a long time. Once you have reached those limits, the "older" data will be deleted and replaced with the newer. So, say you play Kass Basher today, and have the bat. If you don't play for a month or longer, and do a lot of web surfing in between, it is possible, when you play Kass Basher a month later, to be back on the bread loaf.

I use Firefox, but...I think the culprit this time is that I ran CCleaner a week or so ago.

I shall just have to suck it up and work my way back up to the bat again!

11 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Do you change the difficulty? There are 3 levels, first you start with bread, and at certain points you unlock the next level, then you go to that and unlock the next.

11 hours ago, delshnya said:

Do you change the difficulty? There are 3 levels, first you start with bread, and at certain points you unlock the next level, then you go to that and unlock the next.

For now I can only use the 2nd one since I never reached more than 320.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2017 at 5:58 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

When you hit the Kass, hold down the spacebar, until it reaches the apex of its arc. Then, let go of the spacebar. When the Kass hits the ground, try hitting the spacebar with every bounce, and hold it on the last one, for a few seconds. Holding down the spacebar when you first hit the Kass makes it more aerodynamic - it  keeps the Kass's cape in, making it less wind resistant. When the Kass reaches the apex of its arc, and you let go of the spacebar, it allows the Kass's cape to expand - making the Kass fly down, but taking a longer time - travel down in more of a slight slope. Finally, when you hit the spacebar when the Kass hits the ground, it can possibly make the Kass bounce higher and stay in the air longer, and holding it down on the last bounce makes it slide on the ground longer. Just be careful. If you hold it down for too long, on the last bounce, you can totally skip the send score part and start with a new try at hitting the Kass. I've done that too many times. Good luck!

That warning came too late for me. Every time I play kass basher, I'm reminded of one of the worst bungles I've ever made during a neopets game. You know how there's a very rare chance that you can hit kass with the tree itself? Last December I got that, waited patiently for the wind to be right, hit Kass, held down space bar, and released it at the right time. Then, as he landed, I clicked to bounce him farther. One. Too. Many. Times. I have a farthest whack number that shows every gamein the bottom left of the screen. It reads 1129. I feel like the game is mocking me, as that score never got sent because of that one extra click but it probably won't go away unless I get another chance with the tree. I haven't seen it since. I'm so much better at the timing now, so I bet I could hit it it  even farther if I got another shot. My official high score is 987 from within the past week. Imagine the exact same hit except with the tree instead of the bat. Anyone know the numbers of how small the chance is?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going crazy trying to achieve this avatar. 
There's something that is confusing me A LOT.

Holding down the spacebar when you first hit the Kass makes it more aerodynamic - it  keeps the Kass's cape in, making it less wind resistant. When the Kass reaches the apex of its arc, and you let go of the spacebar, it allows the Kass's cape to expand - making the Kass fly down, but taking a longer time - travel down in more of a slight slope.

Well I tried that but it doesn't improve my score at all, and he doesn't stay up more time or anything... it actually goes down faster if I hold spacebar lol

Edit: Nevermind, I am stupid and after reading the sentence after 10 times I tried the real right away and got it at first try. :whistle: If a moderator wants to delete the message I won't mind