People change when NP is involved

Carlos_spicy

HAHAHA. What a few days it's been. The charity corner event was/is very productive for me.

I was able to receive a whole bunch of nice goodies and sell them really quick.

BUT.. In the last few days I have been getting messages from random neopians trying to throw lowball offers at me and when I refuse they get nasty.
This is actually only a small number of people out of a whole heap that I've been selling stuff to.

Really? Why do people have to resort to insults if they don't get their way?

This one guy a few minutes ago offered me 2mil for a Kacheek Flour. I thought he was joking. :P
The lowest price on the trading post at the moment is 18mil. Why on earth would I drop my price to 2mil?

Same thing happened earlier today with someone trying to buy a Large Black Collectible scarab.

I had my price set at 9mil (a mil lower than the lowest on TP) and when I told them that I wasn't going to accept the 1.5mil they offered me 
they decided to get mean and throw insults at me. Calling me a cheater mainly.

I've had to block more people in the last 3 days then I ever have.

Great event but makes me not want to sell as much. Don't really like being berated.

Vent over haha :P

I hope everyone else is enjoying the event and getting lots of awesome stuff too :D 

HAHA, Charity Corner is GREAT for revealing some people's nastier character traits. Let's hope the people who have been doing this to you have all been bratty 13 year-olds and will (hopefully!) grow out of this kind of BS. Or it'll get slapped out of them before they get much older...

Were the insults of the "your mom" variety? The eloquence should give a hint to their age, I'd hope. Calling YOU a cheater for not letting THEM rob you blind makes me lol. :laugh:

Yeah really, I second Jelly's reply.  Don't worry about.  Those insults actually make me feel as though they are some type of hacker.  They are very offended/upset that you didn't accept their offer because, you probably wouldn't have gotten their "low ball" nps or your item back.  JMO.  Hope you are enjoying the event otherwise.

The Carity Corner is a good way for me to FINALLY get rid of all those unneeded NC items and basic gift boxes that kept piling up in my inventory. And some people can be jerks if they don't get their way. It's kinda sad sometimes... But it's good you're enjoying the event. Have a very nice day! :D

Thank you all for the kind words. I can't let stuff like that get to me haha I have RL problems :P
And yes, I think they were young. Nothing said about "My Mama" lol, but they were saying stuff along those childish lines.

To think that there are still people in this world that get like that over a Neopets event... It's just crazy. 

Have a great day all :)

That reminds me of what happened at the trading post before. There was this person who offered me 300,000 NP when I asked for 3,000,000 NP. I felt like they tried to scam me that I couldn't read my numbers and offered at one zero lower to try to rip me off. I just rejected it and didn't say anything thinking that it might have been a mistake but the more I thought about it the more pissed I got. I guess I should give this person the benefit of the doubt but still -.- So yea I totally agree with you, and like you said in RL, people changed when there is money involved. I wish it wasn't so but for me, it was just accepting that people do change and I have a possibility of doing the same if I was desperate. 

Good on you to do the charity event, though! I like to think of these events as a way to steel myself when it comes to RL :)

WOW. I had no idea this kind of stuff went on. That's absolutely ridiculous! 

... I also had no idea Granny gave out items that were THAT valuable!!! Holy smokes! I was pumped to get a Wraith Krawk mp.... but super sad to get a splendid buzz shield. That last one makes me hesitate to donate any more r90 stuff... I just tell myself I've been lucky other times and it all balances out ;)

I haven't had the insults you guys have *fingers crossed I never get them*, but I had copies of Cartography for Beginners (R95) on the TP and someone offered me 200 NP and a water mote for every trade I had for them. I ended up rejecting all the offers, but I was gobsmacked at how ridiculous the offer was. Trying to take advantage of people's stuff and then hoping to stiff them is just gross. 

most of my TP experiences are pleasant .. I'm usually BUYING , rarely selling , because i'm not a restocker .. 

i've gotten amazing discounts on gallery items .. 

the most expensive item i sold was Draik Trans Potion and it was going for 12Mil and i got several offers of SOS (10 Mil in the hidden tower) ... in the end I auctioned it for 11.5 Mil ...

no one insulted me yet ..

speaking of donating , today i doanted R76 and R80 items and i got 16th Birthday Goodie Bag (now going for 30k but will re-inflate after the event) and a couple nice wearables and foods and a weapon worth 15k (Stone Club) but really Carlos your prizes are amazing .. i haven't gotten anything good from my 90+ items 

I actually got really lucky!! The first decent thing I got was a captain scarblade stamp which I sold straight away for 30mil.

Then using a sizable chunk of that NP I started buying r90+ lots at TP for between 200k-400k then used them to donate.

So far I have been able to get around 200 million NP worth of items. So it's a strategy that works.
If you don't recieve something good from donating r90+ stuff, keep trying! You will eventually get something that makes it all worthwhile :D

On 07/02/2017 at 6:21 PM, KyokoHateshinai said:

That reminds me of what happened at the trading post before. There was this person who offered me 300,000 NP when I asked for 3,000,000 NP. I felt like they tried to scam me that I couldn't read my numbers and offered at one zero lower to try to rip me off. I just rejected it and didn't say anything thinking that it might have been a mistake but the more I thought about it the more pissed I got. I guess I should give this person the benefit of the doubt but still -.- So yea I totally agree with you, and like you said in RL, people changed when there is money involved. I wish it wasn't so but for me, it was just accepting that people do change and I have a possibility of doing the same if I was desperate. 

Good on you to do the charity event, though! I like to think of these events as a way to steel myself when it comes to RL :)

I recently did exactly this.  I accidentally left off a zero in an offer I made on an MP and was chatting to someone on Skype when my brain caught up with my muscle memory and I went, "Wait a second...!!"  Yep, my offer had been rejected.  I very quickly neomailed the person to say that I'd made a typo mistake and re-offered on the lot with the correct amount.  So it can happen to any of us.   I suspect this is what happened with your person but they may not have realised they'd left off the zero.  Usually when I get crappy offers on stuff, what they're offering reads nothing like what I've requested so it can't be interpreted as that kind of mistake.  Like being offered 20np and a rotten artichoke when I've asked for 3000np.  There are no typos there.

CC was the first time I got close to 1mil NP ( I ended up losing most of it) but I was definitely lowballing people on the trading post just because it was the first time I even had enough to consider bidding on some larger items. Coming from that side of things, it isn't always tricksters. I will admit I was hoping some generous neopian would accept out of kindness, but that's not why you put things on the TP, so I understand being upset by low offers. 

I can say that when I offer low, it's because I'm richer than ever before, but still not rich like you all. Hopefully that gives another perspective!

Edit: Insulting someone for rejecting a trade is never ok!

I made some good money selling my stuff, but not in the millions. That would be awesome!

I cannot believe people would give you some shizzle about it. But, yeah...they are probably kids :blink:

Posting a bit late here, but yeah, that's ridiculous. Asking any price is not cheating, TNT has actually said for people to just be cautious, but in this case it is fair price that is already listed. I don't understand people a lot of times, particularly with stuff like this. 

Anyway, glad you were able to get some nice items =) I got some books which I read or sold in my shop. Nothing priced very high, but I had fun and I got the avatar!