Anyone noticed this before?

I painted my jubjub woodland several years back mainly because I loved the way the dark blue eyes look against the green body. A few months after, I was shocked to go to my quick ref page and see that her eyes had lightened and her eyebrows had changed to green. I joined jellyneo forums specifically to ask why the change had occurred (They are boring and inactive compared to here). I think they thought I was making it up though, because when I went to take a screenshot my jubjub looked the same as before so I had no proof. Since then, she looks like the rainbow pool says she should look like most of the time, but sometimes I'll see the changed appearance at one of the pages where her picture is visible. I finally took some screenshots, so you won't think I'm crazy or lying. The first was taken at my quickref page. The second was her preview at the NC mall at the exact same time as the first. Any knowledge as to why this is? Like I said, it has confused me for over a year now.

589f785b600f9_WoodlandJubjub1.PNG.0f6e98ba6a31fea46c7ea3b84eb2ca4e.PNG589f78c01009a_WoodlandJubjub2.PNG.b71f821f73f587189f1ac05f8476f997.PNG

That's definitely odd. I've noticed my Faerie Poogle's eyes occasionally change colour (from pink to blue, I think, but I never bothered to take a screenshot and I can't find a page where it's happening at the moment), but the change isn't nearly as obvious as it is in your Jubjub. (Which is probably why I hardly ever notice it and had forgotten all about it until I read your post.)

However, I just remembered Dress to Impress gives you the option to look at all versions of a pet. I'd often noticed that there were usually two versions of each (2 happy males, 2 sad females, etc.) and always wondered why. I've tried both the Faerie Poogle and the Woodland Jubjub, and the change in their eyes is apparently a normal thing. Or, at least, normal enough for Dress to Impress to include both versions.

The color of the eyes isn't the only difference.  The shape is very different too.  Especially her left eye.  Very odd.

It's quite possible that the NC mall is using other versions of the JubJubs eyes and was never reworked in the NC Mall when they did their last update of the Jubjubs.

I looked at several explanations and the first I thought NC Mall was giving "angry" version of your pet, but it wouldn't explain the eye color change, just the expression on his face/eyebrows.

However, looking back on even that, there never was an expression quite like this one, which makes me believe that the NC mall has an item bugged on your pet, or it has it's own artwork for that particular Species/Color, which still... makes no sense. (look at rainbow pool for how your JubJub is supposed to look without anything on eyes)

It happened to me something similiar to that some days ago. 
I noticed that one of my faerie Uni had his "horn" ( I'm sorry I had a blank on what is the name of that xD ) was yellow.. when the color of it on faerie is light blue. I didn't change her cloths at all in that time and it just changed.. now it is back to normal.