Petpetpet question

Yuiina

Hello there, 
I'm a bit confused about petpetpet, I searched the forum for answers but I'm stll confused because I think that what I understood has to be wrong. 
So I have a petpet Carmariller and  I want to attach a p3 to it. So far everything is ok.
Now.. will it disappear COMPLETELY if I, for example, remove the Carmariller to the inventory and use another petpet on my pet? OR it'll stay with my Carmariller forever?
What I mean is.. I have the Carmariller with a p3 -> stop playing with it -> goes to inventory -> I get another petpet -> get tired of the petpet -> i get the exactly same carmariller as before.
In the end of this is the p3 gone? 

:stun: 

According to SunnyNeo: "If you remove the petpet from your pet, the petpetpet will vanish. "

But it's hard to be a 100% certain. I've looked around a bit, but there doesn't seem to be much (detailed) information on this. Neopets' own link to a FAQ about this topic, leads to the generic help page; the question itself seems to be gone.
Perhaps the people involved in the Mootix lending chain will have a better, more definitive answer.

The P3 definitely vanishes. Some time ago I didn't know that and my pet stopped playing with a petpet with P3 attached. The P3 disappeared completely. I was so mad at myself for not checking this beforehand :( Some of the dumbest things I've done on Neopets.

I believe that for the Mootix chain the pet with its petpet and the Mootix are transferred altogether and then back again.