What is your fishing skill at?

sylphrenai

I've been playing for years, maybe since I began but with a few interruptions. I'm at 500 now. As far as valuable items, I have received very few, if any, ever. Only occasionally were they ever worth 1,000 NP or over. However, in an ironic twist of fate, a lot of the scrolls and other things from the Fishing Vortex that are usually low value shot way up in price during the recent Charity Corner. I had stuffed dozens of them in my SDB. Some I used as donations and many more I sold. So, it was worth it, after all. :D

There are many threads about the Fishing Vortex. One I started is here:

I have been playing for 11 years now, but didn't really "fish" back in the day.

My skill as of February 16, 2017:

Fishing Skill: 360

^_^

I only fish with my active pet, Candrady (I never switch actives) and she's currently at level 330. She's 9 years old, but I can't say for how long I've consistently made her go fishing... I've had a few breaks and sometimes I go through periods of not wanting to do all my dailies. As for prizes, I've never gotten any of the good stuff, but my favourite fish to get is the Cubefish:

vor_cubefish.gif

My fishing skill is around the same as my Sista, tk421beth approx 300's.  I feel the best item I have gotten is the pike pike.  hdoes 5 water icons and 5 light icons.  I was pretty happy with it.  I upgraded my ridiculously heavy battle hammer with my new pike pike when I got it.  A friend of mine got a shiny shoal shell shield.  He gave it to me once he outgrew it.  So there are some nice items from the fishing votex, it's just a matter of getting them.

TeddieBear_214's fishing level is 333. I love it when he gets a Bag of Broken Neopoints. Does anyone know what level you have to be to get the avatar?

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

TeddieBear_214's fishing level is 333. I love it when he gets a Bag of Broken Neopoints. Does anyone know what level you have to be to get the avatar?

That's right!  I forgot about the bag of broken neopoints.  I love those too.  I remember when my son and I first started playing neopets.  He was 9 and I was.........er, um, 30 somethi........yeah, anyway, that was back in 2008.  So, he sent me a bag of broken nps as a gag and he thought it was so funny.  I was like, "what am I supposed to do with this?"  I eventually donated it to the money tree."  I guess I made someone's day.  LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

When I remember to do my dailies, I fish with all four. Because of this, my oldest neopet has the highest skill level and my youngest has the lowest. I had a several years long hiatus from neopets though, and when I'm busy I may either neglect my dailies for long stretches of time or only do Trudy's surprise. Because of that, my 9 and a half year old Aisha only has a fishing skill of 196. I've never gotten anything particularly valuable, but I got the avatar before I was purposefully collecting avatars, which was nice.

• 3 weeks later...

The bag of broken Neopoints is so great! I love that too!

Hey...does anyone know if this is a good item? I got it fishing today, and have no idea what it is worth...

Ye Olde Fishing Vortex

You reel in your line and get...

mag_mystery_swirly.gif
Mysterious Swirly Potion!

I checked w/the SSW and the result is:

Searching for 'Mysterious Swirly Potion', matching 'Mysterious Swirly Potion'...
No items found

1 minute ago, tk421beth said:

Searching for 'Mysterious Swirly Potion', matching 'Mysterious Swirly Potion'...

Just did a search, according to JN it's worth about 600k! and "This item will turn the pet you use it on into a random limited edition pet."

1 minute ago, fiorellino said:

Just did a search, according to JN it's worth about 600k! and "This item will turn the pet you use it on into a random limited edition pet."

Thanks for the quick reply! Ohhhhhh, that is so exciting! I wonder if I should use it...I will have to think about this for a while ^_^

2 minutes ago, tk421beth said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Ohhhhhh, that is so exciting! I wonder if I should use it...I will have to think about this for a while ^_^

No worries. It is very cool. I didn't even know such a thing was possible. It seems super rare. Congrats btw :smile: I think I'll take a closer look at all the possible things our pets can fish up!

Just now, fiorellino said:

No worries. It is very cool. I didn't even know such a thing was possible. It seems super rare. Congrats btw :smile: I think I'll take a closer look at all the possible things our pets can fish up!

I have been Fishing for years...and I usually get what everyone else gets...all those different fish! Have not received a broken bag of Neopoints in FOREVER, so really, this is a surprise!

49, 52, 56, and 50 I get a lot of Scrolls of the Sea and Petpets. My account is 16 years old, I half way remember when they introduced the underwater fishing vortex, my oldest pet is also my lowest in fishing, I don't know how that worked out. lol

4 hours ago, tk421beth said:

That is exciting! What a cool potion for TNT to have dreamt up! I'd be wondering whether to use it or not too, lol. if I get one I'll probably try it out on my labrat I think.

• 1 month later...