So...what's up with the Coincidence Machine?

suzanoberle

It seems like it's been nothing for weeks but 

shm_lotus_leaves.gif
Lotus Leaves
snowball_3.gif
Evil Snowball
ultrabubblebeam.gif
Ultra Bubble Beam

The prices on these items are ridiculous, and I can't imagine many people are still playing at this point.    It's a lot of NP just to get 

" A Grundo appears and invites you to join Dr Sloth's Invasion Army... but he cancels the invitation when you spell your name. Your reputation precedes you. "

Do you think someone at headquarters is on vacation and forgot to ask someone to switch it out?

Oh, I thought it was just me! I've only recently started doing the Coincidence daily again, and had been wondering if this was how it's always been and I'd just forgotten. XD
Up until today, I had enough of each item in my SDB to complete the quests, but after running out of evil snowballs today, I didn't even bother looking for them on the shop wizard. Too much trouble for little to no reward.

I saw a "complaint" topic, on the "Help" Neoboard, but I didn't understand what was going on, until I saw it myself. Something is obviously broke. Either a script, or someone who has to manually update it. And, unfortunately, too, when things like that happen, people will take advantage of it. Opening a support ticket, or, asking a question to the Neopian Times Editor may help. I think both would be best.

4 minutes ago, Breezescout said:

I am getting the same request, too.  I wouldn't mind getting the items but the rewards just aren't worth it anymore.  What was the last good thing you got from the Coincidence daily ?

I only started a month ago and still haven't gotten mine started because it would cost me around 12k and I wasn't too sure if it would be worth it. 

Dried Prunes, Semolina, Brown sauce, and Wheat flakes (to name a few) have been overpriced for awhile.  But often the items cost just a few NP, and it's fun to take a chance on getting a prize.  Generally I find that I get a random event that is neutral--essentially nothing happens.  Once I lost a couple levels on my pet, and once I got around 10,000 NP.  I guess it's that last one that keeps me trying!

Normally, lotus leaves, Ultrabubble machines and evil snowballs all are very cheap.  They're only overinflated because it's been stuck on the same items for so long, and all the cheap ones have been bought up.

I've been avoiding the Coincidence Machine for a while. In the meantime, I've been hoarding items I'd usually donate: Broken fishing poles, dung jelly, rotten omelette, lotus leaves, land fish...You get the idea. They seem popular with this daily. On the other hand, if you have any items that are used in the Coincidence, you could stock them and a fair amount of neopoints.