TDN time zone

Nielo

Is there a way to change the time zone on these (new) forums? I found a link on how to do it on the old version of the forums, but that (obviously) no longer works.

(Mostly I don't mind that I'm in a completely different time zone, but I tried to like a post earlier, and it told me I'd already liked 5 posts that day, even though I'd only just come online (in the afternoon my time (CET)). On a related note, is only being able to like 5 posts a day a new thing? Is it related to the fact that there's a leaderboard now? Because I sometimes like a post in lieu of responding to it (when I know I won't have a response that'd be at least 7 words anyway), and apparently I do this more often than I thought. XD)

19 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Time zones are automatically determined based off of your location now.

The daily like limit has not been changed since we've added to the community and is based off of your usergroup. Members get 5, Super Members get 10 and Fantastic Members get 15 likes per day.

Thanks, I had no idea there'd been limits before.

I'm still confused about the time zone thing though, as the first time I got the message that I'd already liked 5 posts that day, I hadn't even been online yet. Or does it mean 5(/10/15) likes per 24 hours, regardless of when the day starts/ends?

Just now, Nielo said:

Or does it mean 5(/10/15) likes per 24 hours, regardless of when the day starts/ends?

I'm interested to know this too. I couldn't like any more posts when I came online one day at about midday - because I'd hit a limit of 10. But I could like again by the evening of that day, so I figured it was a 24 hour period thing.

A new day is set to UTC, which is 4:00 PM Neopets time (or 4 Pacific time/ 7:00 PM eastern time etc) for people unsure of time zones. The reputation leaderboards will also reset at the same time each day.

If you hopped on TDNF anywhere in between, it may not have reset despite it being a new calendar day for you where you live.

Interesting, so it's set to MY timezone (UTC/GMT) how considerate :lmaosmiley: lol. I guess I must have been on after midnight the day before and used all my likes up then. No wait, that doesn't explain why I could like again later on that day...lol, I dunno.

Maybe it got confused on that particular day and reset at 4PM my time. :laugh: No big deal anyway.