Pirate Draik Morphing Potions: Sell or Trade?

WhiteWolf

I have several Pirate Draik Morphing Potions in my safe. I have seen the prices of them on the Trading Post, but I'm trying to decide if I should put them up for trade. I'd rather sell them in my shop for 90k each. The trouble is, this might be a hard to sell item. I'm trying to save up 200k for gallery upgrades.

Any thoughts?

Do you have a specific reason for not wanting to use the trading post, is it the hassle involved?

Are you thinking they'd be hard to sell in your shop because people wouldn't be looking for that item on the Shop Wiz?

I know I'd be tempted by the ease of putting them in my shop rather than trading - no interaction required! - but when you want 200k, it's 50k profit per item lost...

I don't think I have any thought-clarifying insight to offer as I hardly ever use the TP myself because I find it a bit of a minefield. >_<

I really don't think you will have a hard time selling them either way.  As long as your price is competitive.  Draiks are still highly sought after and if that means getting a pirate draik for a good price, customizing it, and repainting it later, people are more than willing to do that.  Good luck to you.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Do you have a specific reason for not wanting to use the trading post, is it the hassle involved?

Are you thinking they'd be hard to sell in your shop because people wouldn't be looking for that item on the Shop Wiz?

I know I'd be tempted by the ease of putting them in my shop rather than trading - no interaction required! - but when you want 200k, it's 50k profit per item lost...

I don't think I have any thought-clarifying insight to offer as I hardly ever use the TP myself because I find it a bit of a minefield. >_<

I'm trying to avoid the TP because there are several pages of them. I looked last night, and the TP had two or three pages of Pirate Draik Morphing Potions. Maybe if I kept the price competitive, as someone suggested, it would be an easy sell. Is there a neoboard for selling items? I'm just trying to explore all the venues before stocking, trading, etc.

you could easily sell them in the TP for 140k - 150k each ... why lose money in your Shop ?

trust me they sell faaaaaast ... people go for the NEWEST .. the newest trades always come up on top ...

also you can advertise here http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardlist.phtml?board=6

Thanks for the help Angelo and suzanoberle! I may sell only two to cover the upgrade costs, and hold the others in reserve for future sales or TP offers.

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Thanks for the help Angelo and suzanoberle! I may sell only two to cover the upgrade costs, and hold the others in reserve for future sales or TP offers.

how many do you have ? they will deflate over time , slowly .. but surely .. unless TNT retires them (which is highly unlikely in the near future) ... 

If you don't want to use the TP, I've sold hard to sell items at the auction house quicker. Like if the item is 150K on the TP, I'd put it up for auction at 140K with increments of 1000. Sometimes it works, other times you just have to wait and see. I agree with using the neoboards as other folks here have suggested. Good luck!

I just had a quick look and 140k seems to be the cheapest people are asking right now, there's plenty higher, some MUCH higher, one greedy devil's trying for 250k!

So hopefully yours won't take too long to sell, good luck!