Do Hidden Tower discounts stack or expire?

firaplays

I'm trying to save up for the more expensive items, but if the discounts expire, I might as well get something now. I also have two discounts, do they stack or am I just out of luck?

I found this online, and it matches what I remember about it: 

"Every third Wednesday of the month there is 3% discount for users with accounts older than 60 months old. 
In 2014 a new random event was introduced to the site. If you are lucky enough to get it, you will receive 10% off your next purchase at the hidden tower. This will not stack with the 3% loyal user discount, and does not appear to expire until you use it.  "

I used the 10% one on the Grimoire of Affluence--it was already expensive, and I figured I'd never get it any cheaper, since you can't sell/trade that item.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you know if the random events stack with each other, though? I've gotten two of the events so far, but I haven't bought anything from the tower yet. 

2 hours ago, firaplays said:

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you know if the random events stack with each other, though? I've gotten two of the events so far, but I haven't bought anything from the tower yet. 

The random events for the discount do NOT stack nor expire.  I have one I got about a year and a half ago and every time I visit the hidden tower it reminds me.  It will not stack on discount day :sad01_anim:and I believe, someone else can correct if I am wrong however, that even though you have received 2 REs, because you haven't used 1 yet, you forfeited 1, so to speak, and will only have one available.  For instance, poor me, I seem to have this "problem" with getting FFQs constantly.  I have to visit the fountain and paint a pet, before I complete the new quest or I will forfeit one of my fountain dips.  Meaning I cannot save them up then visit the fountain twice later on.  I have had to do this 3 times as I have gotten 6 FFQs:blink:.  I know, "oh, the problems."  lol

5 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I have had to do this 3 times as I have gotten 6 FFQs:blink:.  I know, "oh, the problems."  lol

5 hours ago, firaplays said:

lol, what a problem to have. It's a shame, but thanks for the info.

Yeah that's totally a Neopets version of a first world problems meme, isn't it? :laugh:

Can you imagine if those discounts DID stack?! WOOHOO! I think it's a good thing that they don't, but I also think it's a shame that the half-price day discount over-rides random event ones. I guess I just want to have my cake and eat it too. :lmaosmiley:

On 2/24/2017 at 10:09 PM, rntracy1 said:

The random events for the discount do NOT stack nor expire.  I have one I got about a year and a half ago and every time I visit the hidden tower it reminds me.  It will not stack on discount day :sad01_anim:and I believe, someone else can correct if I am wrong however, that even though you have received 2 REs, because you haven't used 1 yet, you forfeited 1, so to speak, and will only have one available.  For instance, poor me, I seem to have this "problem" with getting FFQs constantly.  I have to visit the fountain and paint a pet, before I complete the new quest or I will forfeit one of my fountain dips.  Meaning I cannot save them up then visit the fountain twice later on.  I have had to do this 3 times as I have gotten 6 FFQs:blink:.  I know, "oh, the problems."  lol

Now that is a problem I wish I had! 15 years (off and on) on neo and I've never had a FFQ.

7 hours ago, natla said:

Now that is a problem I wish I had! 15 years (off and on) on neo and I've never had a FFQ.

Actually it is kind of strange because, I too, was on and off of neo for approx 6 yrs and had never even HEARD of a FFQ until I read about them on here.  So of course, I had obviously never gotten one.  Then all of a sudden, I got one.  My first one was from a RE.  Then I got one from a boon refresh.  I don't remember if that was a RE or a cookie.  I know that I have gotten at least 2 from RE's and the rest from cookies.  So it could be 2/4 or 3/3.  But I know they weren't all from cookies.  My point, I went from never even hearing of them to getting 6 of them in about 2 yrs time.  The cookies are cheap now.  Buy a few and try your luck.