That RE that reduces your pet's stats tho...RAWR!!

jellysundae

I didn't see the RE, but my BD pet's HP just dropped from 103 to 100 and I'm feeling the need to be angry for a bit, please excuse me for one moment...

:angry:  :evil2:  :grrr::axehead:

:hmmph:

:crying_anim:

Ok, through that process now, I'm now going to eat large amounts of carbs to comfort myself. -_-

Sorry to hear that Jelly. That's happened to all of us. But put it in perspective: several years ago a random event changed my originally Yellow Kougra to Invisible. I've gotten used to it, but imagine if someone had spent money on a paint brush and THEN that had happened--especially if they were a kid. At least getting a few points back is easier.

I still haven't decided if I'll keep him invisible or not. I do like seeing an unobstructed background. :D

29 minutes ago, lakecat said:

"and THEN that had happened--especially if they were a kid."

This part of your quote made me laugh, as I remember when my daughter was really young and the  Turmaculus  at her petpet; she came to me crying!  (Now, I keep *trying* to get him to eat mine, to get the avatar....)

OMG @lakecat, that's a TERRIBLE random event, I wasn't aware that existed D8< That really does put it into perspective, you are SO right.

I'm guessing - and REALLY hoping - that that RE is a random colour change, and it was simply horrible bad luck that the change turned out to be invisible for your pet. If it always turned pets invisible than that's trolling at a 4chan kind of level and I don't imagine TNT ever thinking that was a cool thing to do.

@suzanoberle, I feel your daughter's pain there, a kid's petpet being eaten has to be right up there with losing teddy for the level of upset that it's gonna cause below a certain age. How long was she upset about it? That's got the potential to be seriously traumatising for some children.

But as you say, there's us callous adults, all grumbling because he doesn't eat ours. :laugh:

I can't get the ping to work for your name, I guess that means you're special? :nod_yes:

3 hours ago, lakecat said:

Sorry to hear that Jelly. That's happened to all of us. But put it in perspective: several years ago a random event changed my originally Yellow Kougra to Invisible. I've gotten used to it, but imagine if someone had spent money on a paint brush and THEN that had happened--especially if they were a kid. At least getting a few points back is easier.

I still haven't decided if I'll keep him invisible or not. I do like seeing an unobstructed background. :D

Reminds me of my Christmas Grarrl

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

OMG @lakecat, that's a TERRIBLE random event, I wasn't aware that existed D8< That really does put it into perspective, you are SO right.

I'm guessing - and REALLY hoping - that that RE is a random colour change, and it was simply horrible bad luck that the change turned out to be invisible for your pet. If it always turned pets invisible than that's trolling at a 4chan kind of level and I don't imagine TNT ever thinking that was a cool thing to do.

This doesn't exist anymore, fortunately. TNT announced that colour changing events are retired. You can see all the current REs here:

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=random_events

And the old ones here: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=rereg

1 hour ago, nousha said:

This doesn't exist anymore, fortunately. TNT announced that colour changing events are retired. You can see all the current REs here:

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=random_events

And the old ones here: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=rereg

Well that's a big relief! I guess when they initially thought that RE up they didn't look past people being thrilled and excited by a free colour change; until people started getting super upset at their painted pet being changed...

HA, this is a really good example of a bad habit we humans have, I call it "oops, didn't realise that would happen" syndrome, as a species we're REALLY not much good at looking ahead for the possible pitfalls of anything. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Well that's a big relief! I guess when they initially thought that RE up they didn't look past people being thrilled and excited by a free colour change; until people started getting super upset at their painted pet being changed...

HA, this is a really good example of a bad habit we humans have, I call it "oops, didn't realise that would happen" syndrome, as a species we're REALLY not much good at looking ahead for the possible pitfalls of anything. :rolleyes:

This is called the Law of Unintended Consequences. It's a real thing and has been studied for centuries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unintended_consequences

I noticed that Jellyneo had listed the old random change to Invisible as a "Good" random event. I'm not sure why it wasn't in with the "Bad" events list instead.

Neopets Random Color Change Invisible.JPG

Wow, didn't realise it was a well-documented thing, I prefer my name for it though, lol xD Studied for centuries because we've been doing giant chomby things for centuries...:rolleyes:

So the invisibility thing WAS an RE in its own right? Yep, that's awful, super glad that's been done away with! Yeah I'd have listed it with the bad ones, definitely!