Happy Uni Day

hrtbrk

Uni's are one of my top5 species in neopets so I'm always looking forward for such day!
I have 2 Uni's and I find it very hard to costumise them with NP items the way I want. 
I was excited for this release thinking that they'd release a dress for the female but unfortunately not :(
I love the cloths from the elderly paint brush though! :heart:  They're very pretty and lovely! It's pity that I do not like (at all) the paint itself of elderly pets and buying one paint brush for just the cloths (2kk) and to paint it back to my colors is way too expensive, for me of course :oink:

17 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Uni's are one of my top5 species in neopets so I'm always looking forward for such day!
I have 2 Uni's and I find it very hard to costumise them with NP items the way I want. 
I was excited for this release thinking that they'd release a dress for the female but unfortunately not :(
I love the cloths from the elderly paint brush though! :heart:  They're very pretty and lovely! It's pity that I do not like (at all) the paint itself of elderly pets and buying one paint brush for just the cloths (2kk) and to paint it back to my colors is way too expensive, for me of course :oink:

i completely agree with you. i have 2 male uni's as well .. one Royal one Transparent .. so it'll be really expensive turning them Elderly then back .. although i really like the patched shirt and suspenders of the Elderly Male .. 

The Meta clothes are wonderful esp. the Jacket and Boots ... are they a reference to anything ? Back To The Future or something ?

47 minutes ago, Angeló said:

The Meta clothes are wonderful esp. the Jacket and Boots ... are they a reference to anything ? Back To The Future or something ?

It's got that vibe hasn't it, or MacGyver or something, definitely 80s whatever it is!

I totally agree that having to use paintbrushes to get the brush-specific clothes is horribly expensive. But to play devil's advocate, at least that option IS there. Clever of TNT really, because that's a (potentially VERY) long term quest there to keep someone active on the site.

I've recently adopted another labrat, and I intend to keep them and keep zapping them, mainly for the gain of species specific clothing, but I can totally see myself at least dreaming about going the paintbrush route to gain clothes. I kind of did it already with my draik, though in a roundabout way. I hatched a pirate egg, then painted her speckled after wise words from my Neo-mentor @rntracy1 I really like how the pirate clothes look with the speckled pet, to me it looks way nicer than with the pirate skin. :D

medium_preview.png

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

It's got that vibe hasn't it, or MacGyver or something, definitely 80s whatever it is!

I totally agree that having to use paintbrushes to get the brush-specific clothes is horribly expensive. But to play devil's advocate, at least that option IS there. Clever of TNT really, because that's a (potentially VERY) long term quest there to keep someone active on the site.

I've recently adopted another labrat, and I intend to keep them and keep zapping them, mainly for the gain of species specific clothing, but I can totally see myself at least dreaming about going the paintbrush route to gain clothes. I kind of did it already with my draik, though in a roundabout way. I hatched a pirate egg, then painted her speckled after wise words from my Neo-mentor @rntracy1 I really like how the pirate clothes look with the speckled pet, to me it looks way nicer than with the pirate skin. :D

medium_preview.png

I totally agree.  I also hatched a pirate draik then painted her pink for yet another avatar.  I definitely like the way the pirate clothing looks on her pink skin.  Now, for words from your wise old neo-mentor, I mentored you in kadding, FC, pet painting, etc. and now you are flying solo my little @jellysundae bird.  You have blossomed into quite the wise old neo-player yourself:king: and haven't needed me in quite some time:sad:.

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

i completely agree with you. i have 2 male uni's as well .. one Royal one Transparent .. so it'll be really expensive turning them Elderly then back .. although i really like the patched shirt and suspenders of the Elderly Male .. 

I love both cloths, from female and male, and I'd totally go for the male one!
I like the Mecha cloths... they're "decent". 
It makes me sad many times when I go to search alternatives to customise my uni's and ... well there isn't much to choose around (NP wise of course). But I try to keep myself positive.. 

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I understand what's behind of it but it is kind of unfair for players, as myself, that cannot buy NC. With NC items you can change things whenever you want (you just need to buy NC and done) and you have much to choose from. But NP you need to work your ass off for such things :crying_anim:

2 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Now, for words from your wise old neo-mentor, I mentored you in kadding, FC, pet painting, etc. and now you are flying solo my little @jellysundae bird.  You have blossomed into quite the wise old neo-player yourself:king: and haven't needed me in quite some time:sad:.

Don't you believe that for one minute! I shall always need and appreciate your help and friendship. <3 But broken brain just doesn't like letting me reach out for those things.  I guess you need to raise your mentor game, lol. Up to the level of knowing what I want to talk to you about just from me thinking it, to bypass my brain's horrible habit of refusing to let me initiate contact!

CC triggered activity for me on here after I'd been pretty quiet for ages, but I'm expecting brain to pull the plug on this any day now to be honest, but I'm enjoying getting to interact while it lasts. :D

1 hour ago, Yuiina said:

I understand what's behind of it but it is kind of unfair for players, as myself, that cannot buy NC. With NC items you can change things whenever you want (you just need to buy NC and done) and you have much to choose from. But NP you need to work your ass off for such things :crying_anim:

Yep, but you know why they do that too, don't you.

It would be interesting to know the percentage of people who do give in and buy NC to get the items that they want, rather than work VERY hard to do things the NP way.

TNT's never going to get any cash out of my pocket though, all that's in there is fluff, they're welcome to that! xD I'll admit to the odd sigh when something I really like is an NC item, but I can't afford them and that's all there is to it.

The caption on the clothes in the news is "this is so... meta" so my guess it that it's not really a direct pop-culture reference but a copy of what the artist is/was wearing at the time... if we stick to the origin of the meme anyway.

That said I thought it was Drake at first. :blush: