Rubbish Avatar help

crystolm

So I've been trying to get the rubbish avatar for a couple months now and I have a couple questions. If I have read the help for the avatar correctly you have to discard 5000 + item to get the avatar. But now I'm kinda confused because someone posted that they are donating to the money tree to get the avatar? Do I have to discard them or donate them when I am selecting the item in my inventory?

@crystolmI just got it recently, and I had over 1000 items in my inventory, and then I just discarded 70 items over and over and over until I got the avatar. It only took just slightly over 1000 items to get it. I have heard that for others it took a bit more. My suggestion would be to have at least 1000+ items and discard everything at once, I don't think it works if you discard a bit at a time. Good luck! :smile:

42 minutes ago, crystolm said:

Really??? I've heard that is doesn't matter if you do it a little at a time or all at once as people have gotten it both ways. Now I'm even more confused about this avatar :(

I discarded sporadically and I got it.

The day I got it was yet another example of Neo-trolling, actually. I went through my SDB and took out ALL the junk, ended up with hundreds of items in my inventory, then I got the avatar on the first 70 that I discarded. :laughingsmiley:

I haven't got it, yet, but it seems it you can get it by discarding items, "here and there" - meaning over a period of time. However, some don't want to wait that long, and try to get it by discarding many items at once. They may buy and discard 1000 items, and keep doing so, until they get it. I am not sure about donating to the Money Tree, though. I thought the items have to be discarded.

EDIT: I heard you can use "Quick Stock" to discard several items at once, and still get the avatar.

1 hour ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I haven't got it, yet, but it seems it you can get it by discarding items, "here and there" - meaning over a period of time. However, some don't want to wait that long, and try to get it by discarding many items at once. They may buy and discard 1000 items, and keep doing so, until they get it. I am not sure about donating to the Money Tree, though. I thought the items have to be discarded.

EDIT: I heard you can use "Quick Stock" to discard several items at once, and still get the avatar.

Yeah I used quick stock and did 500-1000 every few days until I got it.

I went to the TP to bid on lots of junk items since buying 1 at a time from a shop can be tiring very quickly lol

I hadn't worked on it in a long time, but fairly recently I put a whole bunch of extra omelettes and jellies and stuff in my inventory, then quick-stock deleted them. I got the avatar after only 2 batches (140 items I think, right). I don't know if it was a cumulative effort from previous attempts, or just a fluke this time around.

I decided to try for this avatar a few weeks back and I used quick stock to discard 70 items. I immediately received the avatar, so I assume both discarded and donated items over the years count, since I don't recall discarding much, but I've donated plenty of stuff to the money tree these past 13 years. (Didn't think it was anywhere near 5000 though, but then again, I didn't exactly keep count.)

I spend some time buying up a bunch of junk for 1 NP each....all the obsidian rocks and discarded or headless plushies and old rotten shoes and boots I could find.  That way I didn't feel bad tossing it all.  

Please discard, and don't give it to the money tree.  You might be able to get the avatar either way, I don't know, but the money tree gets blocked up with junk, making it much harder to find the valuable stuff. Please stick to only donating things with actual value.  (After all, if you donated to the Salvation army, you wouldn't give them old rocks, headless stuffed animals or old black rocks, right? You would toss those items.)

Thanks guys. Think I will try buying a bunch of junk and discarding it all at once to see what happens. Been working on this Avatar for a few months with sporadic discarding around 15-30 a day. I'll let you know how it goes!