The Kadoatery / Kad Feeding

deboratibi

This topic is dedicated to the noisiest place in Neopia: The Kadoatery

Whether you're a mewbie, an over-feeder, or just haven't tried it yet, let's talk about this game/way of life. lol

I started not long ago, and have currently fed 25 kads so far. My plan is to go pink and then stop. I personally don't think kad feeding is actually FUN, but I have to admit that it does suck you in, one way or another. I can't say I'm kaddicted (since I have no desire to over-feed and am pretty tired of this already), but still I find myself watching the clock and thinking time goes by either too slowly or too fast, I smash my fists into my desk when I get pwned, I literally fist pump when I manage to feed and now I classify food items as kad-food vs non-kad-food - and I'm considering going on a kad-food shopping spree so I can SDB feed more often (most of the times I SW).

So, what about you guys? How many have you fed? And what's your favourite feeding method?

Thanks for starting this!

I am pretty new at this, I want to try and build up my SDB so I can SDB feed (I think I might be more successful this way). I'm willing to spend the np.

It's funny, I have grown some what contempt of Kadoaties in general just because I get pwned so many times by SW feeding. It may be the time of day that I feed (I'm not awake at 2am nst) :blush: It's nothing against them, but each time I see one, I am reminded of my attempts at kad feeding. I guess that's what happens when I have a kad feeding frenzy. Does anyone else think this?

I would like to know how over-feeders feed and what methods they use to successor feed the most.

I've only fed three so far, and this is over a period of years! I got lucky a few times.. I really want that avatar, but there's so many people that play daily and have fed hundreds and thousands, where I just want to get to 75 and be done! lol

I just got somewhat serious about kadding a few weeks ago. Finally went gold, and now I'm on the long road to pink! I really do not understand why people overfeed, I can hardly stand sitting at my computer and living 7 minutes at a time. :laughingsmiley: Is there any advantage to overfeeding?
 My method so far has just been having multiple windows open, especially having SW ready to go and it has worked out quite well so far. I'm just sometimes too impatient to sit and wait for the extra long refreshes, it seems that every time I decide to kad the refreshes are over an hour apart. It could be the time of day too, who knows. 

Is there any benefits to SDB feeding verses SW feeding? I really don't have much kad food in my SDB so I've never tried to see if that is more efficient. 

I just fed my first one a few weeks ago... I just wanted to feed one for the trophy... I can't remember what the food was but it was something I managed to quickly use the SSW to find. It took me a week or two of trying to get the timing right for an item that wasn't out-of-this-world pricey. 

But from the above now I understand the trophy colour changes depending on the number you feed??? I happen to HATE orange and wished that trophy were ANY OTHER COLOUR... Now I can make this happen by feeding more?? Hmmm... this changes everything. 

One thing I did was to locate a list of kad foods (google it), and acquire everything on one of the lists that was a reasonable price.  I chose Altador foods.  You put 50 of those in your inventory (after awhile you have those memorized) and have the SW open in a different window.  When the kads refresh, I always choose the same spot to copy and search. Sometimes you are fast enough, sometimes not.  If they ask for one of the foods in your inventory, always click that kad, even if it isn't in your search spot.  It took me a couple months to go pink, and that board is probably the most supportive one I've found on the actual site.

3 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Once I got the gold trophy  trophy1.gif (75 fed), I quit. How do you go pink? How many kads do you have to feed?? :blush02: And do you get a trophy and/or avatar for that?:whaa:

I don't think you need 75 for a gold trophy.  My understanding is

trophy3.giftrophy2.giftrophy1.gifkadoatery.gif

Feed 1-9 Kadoaties, you get the bronze trophy, 10-24 for silver, and 25 or above is the gold trophy. At 75 feeds you get the pink avatar.  There is no pink trophy.

More importantly, there is NO advantage to feeding over 75.  People do it just because they can.  Personally I don't plan to do that, as once I get the avatar, I will try to be considerate of others who want it.  The overfeeders just drive up the prices of kad foods and make it more of a refreshing frenzy.

3 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Once I got the gold trophy  trophy1.gif (75 fed), I quit. How do you go pink? How many kads do you have to feed?? :blush02: And do you get a trophy and/or avatar for that?:whaa:

"going pink" is just the term kadders use for hitting 75 feeds and getting the mew avatar kadoatery.gif you should have it already then, you ARE pink already. :D

As an over feeder myself, I will weigh in on this topic.  I am not a big OF'er, as I only have 100 feeds, nice round number.  My plan was 76, just be an OFFICIAL over feeder.  lol.  Then I went to 80, then 100.  Now I have stopped.  I can't really explain people's reasoning for doing it, however, if over feeders did not do it, it would be too easy for newbies to feed and wouldn't be much fun either.  I do understand the frustration of being pwned and/or not being able to get your food quick enough to feed a kad, but on the other hand, it wouldn't be much of a challenge if the kads were just sitting there waiting to be fed.  I kept the most asked for foods right in my inventory.  I kept my inventory full all the time while I was kadding.  Unless you have SSW, you will be paying more for foods by using SW than keeping them in your SDB. 

If you want the avatar, you have to put the time into it.  You can get lucky with kadding, like with other games, but it still takes time and effort as well.  But before you know it, you will have a silver, a gold, then your avatar.

21 hours ago, fiorellino said:

Is there any benefits to SDB feeding verses SW feeding? I really don't have much kad food in my SDB so I've never tried to see if that is more efficient.

I've felt that whenever I saw an item that I knew I had in my SDB, I managed to feed faster compared to when I had to SW (I don't have SSW) - I have to copy the item name, switch tabs, paste the name, search, open the shop, sometimes scroll down if the shop has a long description, click to buy, press enter, switch tabs again, and click on the kad. With the SDB method, I have to copy the name, switch tabs, paste the name, search, remove, switch tabs again, and click on the kad. But I've made the mistake of thinking I still had an item when I didn't, which is why I need to go shopping and try to keep better track of what I own D:

12 hours ago, suzanoberle said:

More importantly, there is NO advantage to feeding over 75.  People do it just because they can.  Personally I don't plan to do that, as once I get the avatar, I will try to be considerate of others who want it.  The overfeeders just drive up the prices of kad foods and make it more of a refreshing frenzy.

I've never understood the desire to over-feed and there was a time when I thought it was kind of unfair, but now I don't really think it's unfair or inconsiderate, I just don't get why people like it so much. It's so time consuming, so frustrating and unrewarding... For me at least, I guess. Different strokes for different folks, lol. 

10 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I can't really explain people's reasoning for doing it, however, if over feeders did not do it, it would be too easy for newbies to feed and wouldn't be much fun either.  I do understand the frustration of being pwned and/or not being able to get your food quick enough to feed a kad, but on the other hand, it wouldn't be much of a challenge if the kads were just sitting there waiting to be fed.

Would it really, though? I mean, there's no doubt that it would be easier, but I wonder if it would actually be too easy. Perhaps the kads wouldn't be fed in a matter of seconds or a couple of minutes like they are now, but do you think they would sit there for hours if there weren't so many over-feeders? (I'm really asking, because I'm not great at making suppositions, lol). I think it would be interesting if there were an experiment where over-feeders promised not to feed for a whole week and see what the results would be (I know that's impossible, but...). For the record, I don't think over-feeders shouldn't do what they do, I'm just saying this because now you've made me wonder how much of an impact they really have on the game.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:17 AM, raelilphil said:

One thing I did was to locate a list of kad foods (google it), and acquire everything on one of the lists that was a reasonable price.  I chose Altador foods.  You put 50 of those in your inventory (after awhile you have those memorized) and have the SW open in a different window.  When the kads refresh, I always choose the same spot to copy and search. Sometimes you are fast enough, sometimes not.  If they ask for one of the foods in your inventory, always click that kad, even if it isn't in your search spot.  It took me a couple months to go pink, and that board is probably the most supportive one I've found on the actual site.

Super helpful idea to keep a list of all the reasonable foods! I think I may try that.

But, what do you mean about always choosing the same spot to copy and search or the kad with the food you have not being in your 'search spot'? 

On 3/13/2017 at 1:08 PM, charelan said:

Super helpful idea to keep a list of all the reasonable foods! I think I may try that.

But, what do you mean about always choosing the same spot to copy and search or the kad with the food you have not being in your 'search spot'? 

If you use THE Kad board (the one(s) on the "Games" Neoboard), the first post usually has links that explain how to Kad, timing, and petpages with list of Kad foods.

What I believe raelilphil is referring to, is to use the same Kad spot. For example, always choosing the second Kad, in the third row. That way, when the Kads pend, you will be ready to copy and paste the item that Kad (the one you chose) is looking for, into either another tab on the SW, or your SDB. If you are quick enough, you may get a "feed". It saves time, and quickness is the key to Kadding (usually). Also, you don't have to decide which Kad you are going to try and feed. You "always" know which Kad you are going to (try) to feed. So, think of this scenario. Let's say you are Kadding, but didn't pick a "Kad spot". When the Kads pend, let's say you go for the second Kad, in the third row. But, as you are getting ready to copy and paste, you then change your mind and decide to go for the last Kad, in the first row. By doing that, you would have wasted 2 to 3 seconds, possibly, and could end up getting pwned, because, as I said earlier, time/quickness is the key to Kadding. I hope that part makes sense.

Now, what I believe raelilphil is saying about the second part (with the food you have not being in your "search spot"), is what is called "invent feed", or inventory feeding. If you see a Kad, ANY Kad, ask for an item that you KNOW is in your inventory, even if it not your selected "Kad spot", just click on that Kad and feed it. Inventory feeding is the quickest way to feed - no copy and pasting and searching either the SW or SDB = saves time.

15 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I absolutely love the avatar :heart: but I don't think I'll ever get it.
A lot of dedication and time are needed and the fact that people feed it just because they want, not because they need, doesn't help.

If I can feed 75 Kads, so can you! Never say never. If you want to, you can. When I was first on Neopets and heard of Kadding, I thought it was impossible. I never understood "the game" of Kadding. Once I learned and understood, is when I made my first feed. Sure it was trial and error, at first, but then it made sense. Easier? Somewhat. Now that I knew what to do, made it easier, but I wasn't very quick. That comes with practice (aka getting pwned). But, what I realized is, there is no time limit on feeding 75 Kads. What I mean to say is, you take however as long as you want to feed 75 Kads - days, weeks, years. So, if you feed a Kad a day, it will take 75 days. There is some dedication and time required, but it may not be as "demanding" as you think it is. So, the real question is, do you want to go pink?

EDIT: Do any of you have a Kad pwn theme song? I know what mine is - "Haunted" by Taylor Swift. Look up the lyrics. It makes so much sense when getting pwned. I wonder if she ever Kadded? What is your Kad pwn theme song?

5 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

If I can feed 75 Kads, so can you! Never say never. If you want to, you can. When I was first on Neopets and heard of Kadding, I thought it was impossible. I never understood "the game" of Kadding. Once I learned and understood, is when I made my first feed. Sure it was trial and error, at first, but then it made sense. Easier? Somewhat. Now that I knew what to do, made it easier, but I wasn't very quick. That comes with practice (aka getting pwned). But, what I realized is, there is no time limit on feeding 75 Kads. What I mean to say is, you take however as long as you want to feed 75 Kads - days, weeks, years. So, if you feed a Kad a day, it will take 75 days. There is some dedication and time required, but it may not be as "demanding" as you think it is. So, the real question is, do you want to go pink?

EDIT: Do any of you have a Kad pwn theme song? I know what mine is - "Haunted" by Taylor Swift. Look up the lyrics. It makes so much sense when getting pwned. I wonder if she ever Kadded? What is your Kad pwn theme song?

Since my mind has the idea that I will never have the avatar I never checked what is the price for the food Kads eat... I mean around how much do you need to spend for 75 Kad? An estimate of course.
When I check and there are Kads that still need to be feed it is for an very expensive item... so I was wondering what is the normal price for a Kad food.

Oh! Then they are not expensive at all... just a couple of them. That relieves my heart a bit xD

I was checking Kads just a few minutes ago and tried to feed one but was too slow.. I took the chance to check who had feed it and that person has 2333 Kads feed... I mean cmon... why would you want to feed so many?? That is so selfish, I'm trying to control myself to send a neomail to that person to confront her.

2 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I was checking Kads just a few minutes ago and tried to feed one but was too slow.. I took the chance to check who had feed it and that person has 2333 Kads feed... I mean cmon... why would you want to feed so many?? That is so selfish, I'm trying to control myself to send a neomail to that person to confront her.

I completely understand your frustration, however, I would advise you to leave over-feeders alone... I don't quite understand their reasons either, but one thing I know for sure is that the kads are fair game. Also, as far as I know, those who have fed hundreds or thousands of kads aren't a tiny group of people, so even if you could get a few people to stop it wouldn't make a difference. Over-feeding is an already established aspect of kad feeding, so it's not much use debating the ethics of it (so to say), we just have to deal with it. :worried:

Anyway, have you read some guides? The only way to successfully feed non-expensive items is to refresh at the right time, and for that, you sort of need to understand how the times work. If you haven't figured that out yet, I'd recommend you read not one, but a few guides, because since this is can be a confusing subject, it's best to check out different explanations. These are the guides that people typically link to: http://www.neopets.com/~endlessswimhttp://www.neopets.com/~Ashkyrhttp://www.neopets.com/~Wribbithttp://www.neopets.com/~shouir.

46 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I completely understand your frustration, however, I would advise you to leave over-feeders alone... I don't quite understand their reasons either, but one thing I know for sure is that the kads are fair game. Also, as far as I know, those who have fed hundreds or thousands of kads aren't a tiny group of people, so even if you could get a few people to stop it wouldn't make a difference. Over-feeding is an already established aspect of kad feeding, so it's not much use debating the ethics of it (so to say), we just have to deal with it. :worried:

Anyway, have you read some guides? The only way to successfully feed non-expensive items is to refresh at the right time, and for that, you sort of need to understand how the times work. If you haven't figured that out yet, I'd recommend you read not one, but a few guides, because since this is can be a confusing subject, it's best to check out different explanations. These are the guides that people typically link to: http://www.neopets.com/~endlessswimhttp://www.neopets.com/~Ashkyrhttp://www.neopets.com/~Wribbithttp://www.neopets.com/~shouir.

I didn't sent any mail, I was controling myself :) 
Yes I have checked some guides before but I never really put much of my time on it. If I could feed just one for each day would be great, but to do that you need to dedicate A LOT of time, so I'll let the vulcano sleep for a while more while I work on other things on neopets. 

Thank you for the links debora :heart: I'll surely keep them on my chrome.

10 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I didn't sent any mail, I was controling myself :) 
Yes I have checked some guides before but I never really put much of my time on it. If I could feed just one for each day would be great, but to do that you need to dedicate A LOT of time, so I'll let the vulcano sleep for a while more while I work on other things on neopets. 

Thank you for the links debora :heart: I'll surely keep them on my chrome.

I know you didn't, I just wanted to point out why it would have been a bad idea to do so...

And yes, that's true, to feed even just one kad a day takes quite some time, because you never know when it's going to refresh and there's always the chance of getting pwned, or missing the times altogether. Imagine feeding several! I wanted to feed several every day to get this over with as soon as possible, but I can't do it anymore, I've decided to feed one each day. Maybe I'll feed more on weekends...

Anyway, you're welcome! ^_^

16 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I know you didn't, I just wanted to point out why it would have been a bad idea to do so...

And yes, that's true, to feed even just one kad a day takes quite some time, because you never know when it's going to refresh and there's always the chance of getting pwned, or missing the times altogether. Imagine feeding several! I wanted to feed several every day to get this over with as soon as possible, but I can't do it anymore, I've decided to feed one each day. Maybe I'll feed more on weekends...

Anyway, you're welcome! ^_^

I started today and I have successfully fed 4! 
I'm sick in bed and thought "Why not?" 
I'm 100% sure that when I reach the avatar I'll not feed anymore because:
- I want to let others have a chance to feed and get the avatar
- It is stressful
- I'm doing it just for the avatar and trophies nothing else.

So after a very long week of obsessing over the kads I finally did it! So exciting :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Something Has Happened!
kadoatery.gif You are now eligible to use 'Kadoatery - Mew!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

5 hours ago, fiorellino said:

So after a very long week of obsessing over the kads I finally did it! So exciting :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Something Has Happened!
kadoatery.gif You are now eligible to use 'Kadoatery - Mew!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Oh hai Tina! :D
Once again, conkads on getting the avatar!
I'll get it as well... eventually :icecream:I got the silver trophy today at least! 

10 hours ago, fiorellino said:

Something Has Happened!

Oooh, conkads!!! I can't wait until I can come here and make this same post :biggrin:

And conkads to you too, Yuiina! By the way, I spotted you at the kad boards yesterday while I was lurking! lol