The Kadoatery / Kad Feeding

deboratibi

8 hours ago, deboratibi said:

By the way, I spotted you at the kad boards yesterday while I was lurking! lol

I always check for your name amongst the feeders if I happen to look in on the brats in passing, lol. I got all excited one day when I saw @rntracy1's name up there.

I guess it's a really teeny tiny way of one of your friends names being up in lights or something? :laugh: It made me happy anyways, lol.

On 3/12/2017 at 8:45 AM, midnight_spell360 said:

Once I got the gold trophy  trophy1.gif (75 fed), I quit. How do you go pink? How many kads do you have to feed?? :blush02: And do you get a trophy and/or avatar for that?:whaa:

Kad-grats fiorellino (tina) and keep going yuiina! How come you guys didn't point out how mental :confused: I was about the Kad trophy/avatar. Did it and it was so hard too do :rambo:, completely forgot I did feed 75 kads to get the avatar? :whistle:That was completely goofy on my part! :blush02: Anyway, I am proud of you guys and sent you a little something (like I used to do when I was kadding... so long ago, it's a foggy memory...) to keep you motivated! :happydance:

I thought I'd get to feed more kads on the weekend, because I'd have more time... but DUH, most people have more time on the weekend, so it's obviously going to be more competitive. facepalm.gif I haven't fed a single kad since Friday. If there were an avatar for getting pwned 75 times, I'd already have it by now. 

4 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I thought I'd get to feed more kads on the weekend, because I'd have more time... but DUH, most people have more time on the weekend, so it's obviously going to be more competitive. facepalm.gif I haven't fed a single kad since Friday. If there were an avatar for getting pwned 75 times, I'd already have it by now. 

I tried yesterday a couple of times too and I decided to take a break xD Definetely weekends are not the best for Kads! 
Don't give up :dance:

5 hours ago, deboratibi said:

There totally SHOULD be something like that xD I had a conversation with Tracy about there needing to be more kad avatars, I liked the idea of an over-feeder one that shows a great big fat kad. :laugh: But...I now realise that making over-feeding a thing that people became compelled  to do to get an avatar would be a very bad move, so funny as that avatar would be, it's not a good idea. But a kad pwnage one would be totally ok because anyone aiming for the mew avatar would be bound  to be pwned many many times before they turned pink.

Also, in an ideal world, an avatar like that would show a kad looking totally bratty, hmmm...

*prods photoshop into life*

Yeah, something along these lines. :laugh:

p25JTS5.png

On 3/18/2017 at 7:54 AM, jellysundae said:

I always check for your name amongst the feeders if I happen to look in on the brats in passing, lol. I got all excited one day when I saw @rntracy1's name up there.

I guess it's a really teeny tiny way of one of your friends names being up in lights or something? :laugh: It made me happy anyways, lol.

Yes, me too.  I like seeing my friend's names up there.  I have seen Scoobert up there b4 too.  I have to admit, and I know there are others who won't admit it :evil:, sometimes you see a name up there and it's like, "Really?  them again?"  LOL.  But seriously, for the most part, I am happy for people.  And I have stated many times, the overfeeders are the ones who keep the game challenging for those trying to get trophies and avies.  Without them, it would be too easy.  

On 3/13/2017 at 3:08 PM, charelan said:

Super helpful idea to keep a list of all the reasonable foods! I think I may try that.

But, what do you mean about always choosing the same spot to copy and search or the kad with the food you have not being in your 'search spot'? 

I'm sorry I didn't notice your question for so long.  The "same spot" would be like the third kad in the fourth row.  That was my spot before I got the avatar.

I've made a few half-hearted attempts before, but none were successful. By the time I've got anywhere, the only foods left are the impossibly expensive ones.

I really want the cute trophy and the avatar, but I have no idea what I'm doing! The advice in this thread seems useful, though. Maybe it's time for another try...?

Edited by belacqua64

On 3/13/2017 at 1:39 AM, deboratibi said:

Would it really, though? I mean, there's no doubt that it would be easier, but I wonder if it would actually be too easy. Perhaps the kads wouldn't be fed in a matter of seconds or a couple of minutes like they are now, but do you think they would sit there for hours if there weren't so many over-feeders? 

I don't think they'd sit there...there are lots of people who want the avatar.  There's no "too easy".  

I'm fine with it being challenging, but I maintain that those who overfeed consistently are selfish.  There's no reason to feed 2300 Kads except to prevent others from getting the same avatar and make it "rarer".   

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/04/2017 at 0:45 PM, Angeló said:

how strong must my internet connection be ??

no broadband here .. 2 Mbps speed .. 

I think you'll only be able to find out if you can feed by experimenting, I kept a selection of kad food in my inventory because I knew I'd stand NO chance of feeding if I tried to do it any other way. If I'd had to get the item from my SDB, or go buy it, I'd still be on 0/75 feeds right now. :laugh:

Edit 13th April

Checked on the brats at middayish for me, a good quieter time to attempt a feed.  a few UBs wanted, one of them was after raspberry jam, a not hideously expensive UB. Well...you know how you check the price of something on JN, and then when you look on the TP everyone's asking about 3 times that?

First item I checked was the grey toast - JN says 170k, I was cool with that  - TP asking 400-500k...yeah right, I don't think so, moving on!

Raspberry jam - JN says 250k - TP asking 170k :O Made an offer on that, with a zed codestone as a sweetener, was accepted after an hour or so so now I'm a step closer to pinkness. :D

trophy1.gif
Kadoatery
(72 fed)

On 12/04/2017 at 9:08 AM, jellysundae said:

Checked on the brats at middayish for me, a good quieter time to attempt a feed.

Look, I have proof that you were feeding today! lol

jellykad2.png

(It was around 9AM for me)

If I were right next to you instead of 2 kads away, this screenie would be 100x better... but oh well :oneeyed01:

20 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Look, I have proof that you were feeding today! lol

jellykad2.png

(It was around 9AM for me)

If I were right next to you instead of 2 kads away, this screenie would be 100x better... but oh well :oneeyed01:

Oh! How cool! :D I didn't even see you there as I didn't scroll down. Feeding buddy!

I kind of fed and fled because I felt bad for not waiting for a refresh to feed, but...I did check the board first and someone had just posted a list of food so I figured there'd only just been a refresh so I hopefully didn't create a mini. *fervently hopes I didn't*

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh! How cool! :D I didn't even see you there as I didn't scroll down. Feeding buddy!

I kind of fed and fled because I felt bad for not waiting for a refresh to feed, but...I did check the board first and someone had just posted a list of food so I figured there'd only just been a refresh so I hopefully didn't create a mini. *fervently hopes I didn't*

I have no idea what you mean about creating a mini (I never tried to understand how everything works - I'll have to look that up in one of the guides). :stun:

19 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I have no idea what you mean about creating a mini (I never tried to understand how everything works - I'll have to look that up in one of the guides). :stun:

Ah, right, let's see if I can explain...lol. It's, um...

Ok...say a main goes and all the kads get fed bar one...and that one doesn't get fed until 10 minutes later, that kad is then a mini and will have its own potential refresh times, separate from the others. They tend to merge sooner or later, but in the meantime there's this one that could refresh at a totally different time to the others. So if you're going to fed a UB, it's nice etiquette to wait until the main goes to do it so you don't create that split.

I think, because I'm pretty sure that I fed Dirigibles just after the main, that they hopefully didn't split from the others and become a mini. I did go and check the previous board to see and it kind of looks like I caught it in time. No-one called me names, anyway. ^_^

I did ask on the boards what the time limit was before a mini happened after a main feed, because they don't always all get fed immediately, it can be a few minutes for some, can't it. But of course I can't remember what I was told. :rolleyes:Would make sense that it would be 7 minutes...but that seems too long really.

Hm, I think I understand how it happens now, but I don't think I get what's so bad about splitting...? And how rich of them to establish etiquette, when kadding itself is such a dog-eat-dog thing (or should I say, kad-eat-kad :arrowhead:).

Is my bitterness showing? I hope it's not showing. LOL

9 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Hm, I think I understand how it happens now, but I don't think I get what's so bad about splitting...? And how rich of them to establish etiquette, when kadding itself is such a dog-eat-dog thing (or should I say, kad-eat-kad :arrowhead:).

Is my bitterness showing? I hope it's not showing. LOL

I think it's just because it can get super confusing? Especially if whoever's timekeeping doesn't show the names of the specific kads that are likely to refresh independently of the others. I found that hard to follow, anyway.

Oh my, I've just looked at the current board and the first post showed a horror of minis going on a few hours ago! D:

new mini (6) #1 @ :57
new mini (1) #2 @ :04
new main (7) @ :11
new mini (3) #3 @ :18

What a mess! And, well...which ones are gonna go when because, no names...

I don't know why some are numbered 1,2 and 3 either, do you? I've never seen that before.

The waiting for a main to feed a UB isn't something that's required, or even mentioned I don't think - I don't want to make kadders out as needlessly precious, lol. But I know they do very much appreciate it if someone does wait, because they were very sweetly grateful when I did one day.

No no, no bitterness coming through here. *hugs* You're so right that it's a kad-eat-kad world though, so right! :laugh:

Ah, I see... I guess I didn't realise that because I don't really try to understand how it all works, and I sort of ignore minis to be honest. I have absolutely no idea what the numbers mean, I literally only look at the times. I try to keep it as simple as possible in my head: look at the time - refresh - if it doesn't go, add 7 minutes - refresh - if it goes, feed, then add 28 minutes. I do end up learning one thing or another while kadding, like, that the seconds actually matter. I used to ignore the seconds, until I missed a refresh because of it. But for the most part, I just go through the motions.

And forgive my assumption about kadders, I kind of love/hate them, lol.

I think that unless you're intent on over-feeding, learning all the intricacies really aren't necessary, so best to just go with the basics like you say. Recommended for the avoidance of brain explosion while trying to make sense of things, for me at least. >_<

Edit April 15th

Getting closer! :D:D:D

Hoorah!
You've made Sassy a very happy Kadoatie.

rainbow_happy.gif
*Mew!*

Thanks for doing a good deed!

(Also, in case you were wondering, you have now fed 73 Kadoaties in all!)

Just TWO to go!! :dance:

This was a yellow negg - 37k - kept refreshing the kads during the purchase to make sure no-one else pwned me, I was lucky. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wooo!

Checked on the kads in passing, a couple unfed...

One of them wanted a Mushroom Sandwich, that's a new one on me so I checked out out...

foo_mushroom_sandwich.gif

Price History

1,600 NP (-400 NP)

Whoa really? Not some horrible UB?

*gets cash out of bank...kad still unfed...buys first Mushroom Sandwich she sees (2250)...kad still unfed*

:ph34r:

Hoorah!
You've made Lucy a very happy Kadoatie.

green_happy.gif
*Mew!*

Thanks for doing a good deed!

(Also, in case you were wondering, you have now fed 74 Kadoaties in all!)

:D:D:D

6 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Woot!!! Congrats, Jelly! Just one kad away from pink now oh.gif

YES! :dance:

Definitely caught the other feeders napping there!

Couldn't believe it was still unfed once I'd actually got the food.

I...I imagine I pwned someone else who was doing exactly the same as me...

:blush: sorry, whoever you were!

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

YES! :dance:

Definitely caught the other feeders napping there!

Couldn't believe it was still unfed once I'd actually got the food.

I...I imagine I pwned someone else who was doing exactly the same as me...

:blush: sorry, whoever you were!

yeah that was me .. i was looking up the item and it was fed when i came back :(

haha just kidding .. actually a couple days ago i tried to feed one but i failed miserably 

35 minutes ago, Angeló said:

yeah that was me .. i was looking up the item and it was fed when i came back :(

haha just kidding .. actually a couple days ago i tried to feed one but i failed miserably 

:P Hahaha, as I scrolled down to read this, I KNEW you were gonna say that!

At least you tried! First step on the ladder. :D

My first feed was with a UB, a glowing apple if I remember correctly, that was one expensive snack! At that point I'd decided that the only way I was ever going to get the avatar was by feeding 75 UBs, luckily @rntracy1 verbally slapped me around some and knocked some sense into me about that idea!