The Kadoatery / Kad Feeding

deboratibi

So I just fed my very first Kad!! I was going to give up because it just seemed near impossible while folks are posting they fed their 3111th o_O

Hoorah!
You've made Pizza a very happy Kadoatie. 

island_happy.gif
*Mew!* 

Thanks for doing a good deed! 

(Also, in case you were wondering, you have now fed 1 Kadoaties in all!) 

8 hours ago, acmerasta said:

So I just fed my very first Kad!! I was going to give up because it just seemed near impossible while folks are posting they fed their 3111th o_O

Conkads on your first feed!

One thing about the dedicated over-feeders, a lot of them have favourite spots on the board that they feed - like whichever kad's down in the bottom right-hand corner - and they stick with that place, and while they may have got a technique down now, they are still pwnable.

Look at me, I have a 9 year old laptop and a disease that's slowed my brain's reaction times down enormously, so you'd think I'd have no chance of feeding, but I'm only one away from turning pink now, so...

You CAN do it. :D

Keeping 49 cheap kad foods in your inventory is a good move. I used to store my kad food in my shop whilst doing dailies and so on, as it's easy to bulk add and remove from there. Leaving that one space for the time when you get to buy an item to feed.

18 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Hoorah!
You've made Pizza a very happy Kadoatie. 

island_happy.gif
*Mew!* 

(Also, in case you were wondering, you have now fed 1 Kadoaties in all!) 

It is not impossible! 
I used to think that but this post made me want to try harder and here I am with the lovely pink avatar in my collection for some weeks now! :dance::heart:
Also, if you want to have more chances to feed I'd suggest you (if possible of course xD) to do it when it's night time in USA. For me it was from 8pm to 16 pm (GMT0), kadding runs smoothly during those hours even though you'll get pwned some times (I got many times :who-let-rip::whistle:). 
Just don't give up if you really want the avatar. You can even try to feed just one a day then in 74 days you'll have it! 

P.S: Also, I'd suggest you to keep track of times in AVATAR CHAT ROOM HEREThey're more friendly than the Games chatroom thread. 

@jellysundae what are you waiting for to turn pink??? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice, support and inspiration guys! The Kad board in the Games chat is intimidating so I just lurk around for the times. and get bummed when I see posts from the over feeders.... after I  bought an item only to get pwned. I thought I'd never feed a Kad but I did. 1 down, 74 more to go! 

Good luck Jelly. You'll get those 3 kads soon :D

9 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Thanks for the advice, support and inspiration guys! The Kad board in the Games chat is intimidating so I just lurk around for the times. and get bummed when I see posts from the over feeders.... after I  bought an item only to get pwned. I thought I'd never feed a Kad but I did. 1 down, 74 more to go! 

Good luck Jelly. You'll get those 3 kads soon :D

I was super nervous about the kad board, but got chatting on there quite happily once I took the plunge. There's definitely some conflicting personalities on there (lol :rolleyes:, drama can most definitely ensue!) but is there anywhere on earth where that isn't the case? :ph34r:

But having said that, the lurkers will way outnumber the people who actually post, lol.

Thinking about it now, the Kad avatar's set-up works really well. It's something that takes some hard work to achieve but is by no means impossible, and that's just how avatars should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Project Pink Update:  

Hoorah!
You've made Tyres a very happy Kadoatie. 

blue_happy.gif
*Mew!* 

(Also, in case you were wondering, you have now fed 25 Kadoaties in all!) 

Been working at it! I even managed to feed a couple during the day. 

I'm still holding off on that 75th feed, lol.

I've decided I'm not going to potentially waste NP on a UB when I might get pwned, so I'll leave it to luck and a cheap feed when others aren't about.

*looks at time*

Actually, I'll go check on them kads right now...:ph34r:

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Be like me, just avoid the kadoatery! :laughingsmiley:

*sits stubbornly at 74/75 fed*

:hmmph:

Hahahahahahah. :laughingsmiley: I haven't been back since I made pink. at first I felt out of sorts as I wasn't in that hyper vigilant mode of waiting for a feed to go and all that refreshing or Shop Wizirding and didn't know what to do with that energy. But a few weeks later and post AC, I think I'm back to normal lol

1 hour ago, acmerasta said:

Hahahahahahah. :laughingsmiley: I haven't been back since I made pink. at first I felt out of sorts as I wasn't in that hyper vigilant mode of waiting for a feed to go and all that refreshing or Shop Wizirding and didn't know what to do with that energy. But a few weeks later and post AC, I think I'm back to normal lol

My main excuse is I used all my stock-piled kad food for Charity Corner, but reeaally...I just can't be faffed. :ph34r:

15 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Be like me, just avoid the kadoatery! :laughingsmiley:

*sits stubbornly at 74/75 fed*

:hmmph:

oh my goodness, how can you do that knowing you're only one kad away? lol

I was stalling a bit before, but now that I reached 60 (actually, 61 now), I want to get this over with asap!

15 hours ago, deboratibi said:

oh my goodness, how can you do that knowing you're only one kad away? lol

Very easily, just watch me. :glasses:

64 for you now, I see! You'll turn pink before me, guaranteed. :laughingsmiley:

Something Has Happened!
kadoatery.gif You are now eligible to use 'Kadoatery - Mew!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

It's finally happened! cry.gif

I feel so free! This is amazing! Aaaaaaah! *twirls around*

GOODBYE, KAD BOARDS! GOODBYE, KADOATERY!

35 minutes ago, deboratibi said:
Something Has Happened!
kadoatery.gif You are now eligible to use 'Kadoatery - Mew!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Congrats!

I started my journey a few days ago and it's going pretty well, but I basically have a large pantry-sized inventory of unused foods that I couldn't feed in time. I can't decide if I want to bother skimming the list to see if there's an item I already have, or just go straight to the shop wizard and have a better chance :confused:

3 hours ago, deboratibi said:
Something Has Happened!

Waa congrats Deb! :dance::dance:
Welcome to Pink Club! Isn't that avatar just too cute? :heart:

@jellysundae :hmmph:bad girl!

6 hours ago, Yuiina said:

@jellysundae :hmmph:bad girl!

:P

xD

CONGRATS DEB!!!

I like how the avatar notice is written in pink too, how cute! lol.

So, now that you've escaped the Kadoatery...what next? :lmaosmiley:

On 26/07/2017 at 0:51 AM, stebenjos said:

Congrats!

I started my journey a few days ago and it's going pretty well, but I basically have a large pantry-sized inventory of unused foods that I couldn't feed in time. I can't decide if I want to bother skimming the list to see if there's an item I already have, or just go straight to the shop wizard and have a better chance :confused:

Thanks! I personally always kept an inventory full of foods that had a keyword in common, because once the kads refreshed it would take me like, 2 seconds to see if they were asking for anything I had. If they didn't, I'd quickly turn to the shop wizard and buy something. When I first started kad feeding I liked having items with the word "apple" in them, but turns out that there are over 90 apple food items, so I couldn't keep all of them in my inventory. So then I switched to foods that have the word "with" in them (e.g. Tongue with Veggies), because there are 40 of those items so I could keep everything in my inventory and whenever I saw anything with the word "with" I would be sure I had it (with the exception of one item, which was a UB, but it was easy to remember what that was). This guide lists every kad food, sorted by keyword: http://www.neopets.com/~Kruif

On 26/07/2017 at 4:06 AM, Yuiina said:

Waa congrats Deb! :dance::dance:
Welcome to Pink Club! Isn't that avatar just too cute? :heart:

Thank yoooou! :blush02: Yes, this avatar is adorable! 14 year-old Deb would be so jealous LOL

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

CONGRATS DEB!!!

I like how the avatar notice is written in pink too, how cute! lol.

So, now that you've escaped the Kadoatery...what next? :lmaosmiley:

THANK YOU!!! :biggrin:

I know, I had to take a screenshot as well because it looked so cute! xD

Now I'm playing NeoQuest! I got the avatar a few days ago, and I'm trying to finish the game asap so I can get the trophy and not worry about this anymore either!

5 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Now I'm playing NeoQuest! I got the avatar a few days ago, and I'm trying to finish the game asap so I can get the trophy and not worry about this anymore either!

Haha xD I enjoyed Neoquest. I'm currently working my way through NQ2, so 2 more avatars for me in the near-ish future!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2017 at 1:43 AM, shandosaurus said:

I just hit 64 kads today! I have been at it about a month. And boy I am I ready to be done with it. Those overfeeders have so much patience! 

I think the word you actually want there is obsession, not patience xD The kads have them hooked! lol.

September 5th

ATTENTION, I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!

@deboratibi

Hoorah!
You've made a very happy Kadoatie.

pink_happy.gif
*Mew!*

(Also, in case you were wondering, you have now fed 75 Kadoaties in all!)

has been fed!

pink_happy.gif

Thanks, yantato!

*bows and accepts applause* Thank you ver' much!

EDIT 31st May

I see you there @lojoco49!

image.png.51f4822835d78c11ba596a12ecddfb57.png

Every now and again I check in on The Brats, just to be able to enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling of knowing I no longer have to live my Neolife in 7 minutes increments. :happydance:

• 9 months later...
On 8/7/2017 at 5:22 AM, jellysundae said:

I see you there @lojoco49!

image.png.51f4822835d78c11ba596a12ecddfb57.png

Every now and again I check in on The Brats, just to be able to enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling of knowing I no longer have to live my Neolife in 7 minutes increments. :happydance:

Haha, one of my very few and far between successful attempts at getting the timing right. Seriously, I have an inventory half full of items purchased to feed a Kad but then I've JUST been beaten to it by a few seconds *sigh*

40 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Haha, one of my very few and far between successful attempts at getting the timing right. Seriously, I have an inventory half full of items purchased to feed a Kad but then I've JUST been beaten to it by a few seconds *sigh*

It took me a LONG time to turn pink because of pwnage by faster kadders, go to say. In the end I did what is disapproved of mightily, I had an inventory full of hundreds of different kad foods. There was no way I could feed otherwise, my MS issues combine to make the fast thinking and reacting, hopping between tabs etc. needed completely impossible. I strongly suspect a LOT of the over-feeders have extremely full inventories, too, despite what they say about how they feed, because I don't see how they can possibly feed so quickly otherwise.