The Kadoatery / Kad Feeding

deboratibi

Wow... where was this thread when I was feeding? I got to 75 and quit. I personally didn't like feeding but I got used to seeing the familiar names of the over-feeders on the board. I also used the Neoboard to keep tabs on the times... those people are ALWAYS there. I figure, it's a game, one they obviously like to play, so? Some people are addicted to solitaire. It really doesn't affect your ability to feed.

What I found out though is the time of day DOES matter. For instance, for my location, if I played early in the day, I had a better chance of feeding. Sundays? Forget it, I never had a chance.

Other things I discovered: You CAN successfully SW feed. (I tried keeping kad foods in my inventory and they sat there forever.) If I opened another window with the SW, I could keep an eye on the time more easily while I played Solitaire or something. Triple-click on the kad food name to automatically select the whole name quickly. Copy and paste. Always accept the first result unless it exceeds your personal np limit. (I didn't like going much over 3,000 for an item.) The rest is sort of luck. I did try to focus on a certain area on the board, but really, the time of day was more important.

Also, I found that another time consuming game that took hours to play made a good companion to those 7 minute windows.... Neoquest. Go figure. But I got the trophy. Hope this helped someone and good luck!

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It took me a LONG time to turn pink because of pwnage by faster kadders, go to say. In the end I did what is disapproved of mightily, I had an inventory full of hundreds of different kad foods. There was no way I could feed otherwise, my MS issues combine to make the fast thinking and reacting, hopping between tabs etc. needed completely impossible. I strongly suspect a LOT of the over-feeders have extremely full inventories, too, despite what they say about how they feed, because I don't see how they can possibly feed so quickly otherwise.

I know, right? I suspect quite a few are breaking the rules by having some kind of auto feeding programme. I see the same names come up in there over and over. Some of them have over 6000 feeds!

20 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Some of them have over 6000 feeds!

It definitely becomes an obsession, lol. But overfeeders do tend to do the time-keeping on the kad board, don't they, so they do a worthwhile job!

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

It definitely becomes an obsession, lol. But overfeeders do tend to do the time-keeping on the kad board, don't they, so they do a worthwhile job!

I'll get that darned avatar some day! Then I'll happily never visit the Kadoatery again :arrowhead:

1 hour ago, lojoco49 said:

I'll get that darned avatar some day! Then I'll happily never visit the Kadoatery again :arrowhead:

quoted for truth xD

The kadders on the board were quietly convinced that I'd become an overfeeder, but I fled with glee once I turned pink. ?

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It took me a LONG time to turn pink because of pwnage by faster kadders, go to say. In the end I did what is disapproved of mightily, I had an inventory full of hundreds of different kad foods. There was no way I could feed otherwise, my MS issues combine to make the fast thinking and reacting, hopping between tabs etc. needed completely impossible. I strongly suspect a LOT of the over-feeders have extremely full inventories, too, despite what they say about how they feed, because I don't see how they can possibly feed so quickly otherwise.

Oh trust me, they DEFINITELY have the food in their inventories. I tried to send one of them something one time and I couldn't because her inventory was full. ? I did the same thing like you, I kept the common foods in my inventory. After a while, I knew EXACTLY what I had in there.  As soon as I saw a food that I had, I clicked on it.  I didn't care who's "spot" it was, I didn't care if I created a mini, WHATEVER! lol.  I did NOT have good Kadiquette.  lol.

3 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

I know, right? I suspect quite a few are breaking the rules by having some kind of auto feeding programme. I see the same names come up in there over and over. Some of them have over 6000 feeds!

Um, I think there are SOME kadders who have feeding programs, but most of those annoying overfeeders, who you see on the board and time keeping, do not have an auto program. They ARE really that good and that fast.  Why they would spend that much time doing that, is beyond me.  I went to 100 just so I could say I am an official OF'er.  I could have stopped at 76 and been an over feeder.

If the same names are coming up over and over in the same spot, that is not a program.  If they are all over the board, it could be, but most likely not if they are on the chat boards.

15 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

As soon as I saw a food that I had, I clicked on it.  I didn't care who's "spot" it was, I didn't care if I created a mini, WHATEVER! lol.  I did NOT have good Kadiquette.  lol.s.

And that is exactly how Im going to be playing it when I get around to getting my next trophy. Nobody owns a spot even if they think they do, lol.  I won't care if people think ive got bad 'kadiquette' in the least, because as someone mentioned, I think its a bit rich that overfeeders with thousands of feeds to their name think they can tell other people whats bad etiquette.

I plan to play till I get the avatar then never darken that places door again. ?

2 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Um, I think there are SOME kadders who have feeding programs, but most of those annoying overfeeders, who you see on the board and time keeping, do not have an auto program. They ARE really that good and that fast.  Why they would spend that much time doing that, is beyond me.  I went to 100 just so I could say I am an official OF'er.  I could have stopped at 76 and been an over feeder.

If the same names are coming up over and over in the same spot, that is not a program.  If they are all over the board, it could be, but most likely not if they are on the chat boards.

Aah, right. Why on earth do people want to feed them so much?! I'd rather spend my hard earned NP on other things.

I tried following the board once but quickly started losing the will to live, my God, I have better things to do lol. And what's this about spots? Do people seriously think a certain spot 'belongs' to them? As far as I'm concerned it's first in, first served and they can kiss my a** if I take their spot ?

13 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Oh trust me, they DEFINITELY have the food in their inventories. I tried to send one of them something one time and I couldn't because her inventory was full. ?

I remember you telling me about this, lol. It made me feel a whole lot better about my bad "Kadiquette". Great word, BTW!

11 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

And what's this about spots? Do people seriously think a certain spot 'belongs' to them? As far as I'm concerned it's first in, first served and they can kiss my a** if I take their spot ?

I'm gonna say it's EXACTLY like old ladies who get all uppity because someone takes "their seat" on the bus, lol.

O. M. G.

Just realised . . .

Kad overfeeders are basically crazy cat ladies in Neopian form. ?

Maybe overfeeding appeals to a certain personality type? Because some of the ladies on the kad board (and it IS 99% females, isn't it) are a tad . . . precious. :ph34r: During my time on there I managed to ruffle a few feathers, particularly me and a young guy named Rob who was also a Brit. Yeah our humour was NOT well received by some. ?