Trudy's Surprise bug?

Yuiina

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem today with Trudy's :unsure: 
As I logged around the same time as always I started doing my dailies and when I reached Trudy's Surprise I got this:
Trudy.png.cc7601b5bb3ac475217b69bfa56db911.png

I didn't get anyting from Trudy at all and it says "Come back Tomorrow For More Prizes" and the mail is always there saying Trudy's has reseted.

Anyone has an idea why this happened?

It keeps showing the message at the top but looks like it's been played already too. I hit the latest 100,000 a day or two ago, so I'm not too worried. But I feel for anyone else who may have this whole thing reset. I hope they can fix it without erasing everyone's progress. I seem to remember that happening once?

EDIT: one more downside is that I wonder if we will see this and not see other event notices at top (Neomails for example) thinking it's just this again.

Neopets Trudy's Surprise Error.JPG

I have the same problem. I was about to create a post with the same question when I saw yours. I do not know why this is happening or if it will be fix... But I tried opening the event to see if at least will stop announcing it... it did not work... It is kind of annoying.

I've just been reading about this problem on the neopets 'help' board after seeing this post and someone on there mentioned it seemed to have glitched after daylight saving time. I remember the last time clocks changed not too long ago and it glitched and put everyone back to 0. Hopefully this time might be different *fingers crossed*

7 minutes ago, Mooo said:

I've just been reading about this problem on the neopets 'help' board after seeing this post and someone on there mentioned it seemed to have glitched after daylight saving time. I remember the last time clocks changed not too long ago and it glitched and put everyone back to 0. Hopefully this time might be different *fingers crossed*

Yesterday (Sunday the 12th) was the 1st day of a new cycle for me after hitting 100,000 Saturday the 11th. If it is DST related, I wonder why it didn't affect us yesterday?

6 minutes ago, lakecat said:

Yesterday (Sunday the 12th) was the 1st day of a new cycle for me after hitting 100,000 Saturday the 11th. If it is DST related, I wonder why it didn't affect us yesterday?

It would have started at 2am, so you could have missed the glitch? Either way, glad you got your 100k before this :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Mooo said:

It would have started at 2am, so you could have missed the glitch? Either way, glad you got your 100k before this :laugh:

Thank you, I'm glad too. :D .... I'm on Eastern time, and just happened to wake up about 1 or 2 AM I think, so I went online for awhile. I remember that I was able to do my dailies for Sunday with no problems, including getting the 100K. But since Neopia is on West Coast time, I can see a way it could miss some of us farther east (or in other countries).

The last time Trudy messed us about a lot of us were just a few days away from the 100k, weren't we, and we lost big bucks. So at least this time around it seems the majority have just collected on that so this is no big deal, for those of us who haven't lost out, at least!

This is frustrating because I was a few days away from my 100k.  I am not really irritated if I have to lose it though. It's just free Neopoints that I would squirrel away. But I am relieved to see that it was not my personal problem, and that a lot of us are in the same boat.  I got the notification that "Trudy's Surprise has reset and is waiting for you!" All I could think was "Trudy's Surprise has NOT reset."

This is definitely sounding like it was Daylight Savings Time that messed things up for us. A friend of mine asked me if I had the same trouble she did. When I told her yes...Well, ever hear a southerner curse? It gets pretty interesting!