Trudy's Surprise bug?

Yuiina

Daylight Saving Time doesn't even make sense anymore, it is just annoying. Anyway, I think I was a few days away from 100k. Oh well, not a big deal to work my way up again. Still glad to know not everyone lost out on np. Also, glad Trudy's Surprise is working again.

• 7 months later...

It's happened again. We had another Daylight Savings Time (DST) change on Sunday. I got 18,500 yesterday (Sunday) which for me was day 12. I only got 1,500 today (Monday) which should have been day 13. I can't remember what time Sunday I logged on. I'm on Eastern time. If it was very early maybe I got the 18,500 before the DST change affected the Pacific time change of the Neopets servers.

Thanks Jim! You posting in here saves me from making a thread about this, lol. Because of my borked brain issues I never know if something like this was derp at my end or not. I was quite sure I'd collected from Trudy yesterday and bought my stocks with the proceeds, but many times I've been just as sure that I've done other things, and been proved otherwise, so it's reassuring to know that it really wasn't me this time, lol.

I was going to say there that it's nice to know, but no, it's not nice when this happens twice a year. *throws rotten omelettes at TNT*

Yeah, I didn't notice what I actually got today, but looking at this thread, I looked and I only have 4k out, so I guess I got 1500 instead of 20k as well.  I was about halfway through my days too. :(

I probably did Trudy around 4 or 5am NST yesterday, and 4am NST today.  Yesterday, I'm pretty sure I got the full Trudy amount.

11 hours ago, mysteryfuzz said:

WHAT! How did I never realize that Trudy's Surprise prizes increased until you got 100,000 and then started over??? I should probably be embarrassed?

Do you not play it every day?  Or just not pay very much attention to what you are getting?  Like I indicated, I didn't even pay attention to the popup to realize my haul went from the expected 20k to 1k until I saw this post.  I just don't even read it, I just know I'm getting what I'm getting, and looking at it won't change that.

40 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Do you not play it every day?  Or just not pay very much attention to what you are getting?  Like I indicated, I didn't even pay attention to the popup to realize my haul went from the expected 20k to 1k until I saw this post.  I just don't even read it, I just know I'm getting what I'm getting, and looking at it won't change that.

I do play every day but I never paid enough attention to notice that there was a cycle. If there weren't multipliers or bad luck and every cycle day 1 you got X and day 2 you got X+1, day 3 X+2, etc... It's possible I may have noticed it but it's probably still more likely that I wouldn't have.

Numbers wrinkle my brain D:

• 3 weeks later...

This is Trudy's Surprise related but not a bug. I keep track of my daily Neopets stuff on a note pad. That way I can remember what I did and didn't do. For example, I will write down what day Trudy is at and what the pay out was for that day. I may have miscounted, but it seems that the last two times I got the 100,000, it paid on the 24th day, not the 25th. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Like I said, it's probably me just recording the dates wrong. But I'm curious what others may say.

25 minutes ago, lakecat said:

This is Trudy's Surprise related but not a bug. I keep track of my daily Neopets stuff on a note pad. That way I can remember what I did and didn't do. For example, I will write down what day Trudy is at and what the pay out was for that day. I may have miscounted, but it seems that the last two times I got the 100,000, it paid on the 24th day, not the 25th. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Like I said, it's probably me just recording the dates wrong. But I'm curious what others may say.

I got 100,000 NP today from Trudy's. I think it's the first time I got such a huge sum :D Yayyy!

On 11/6/2017 at 6:52 AM, balloongal247 said:

Yeah, I didn't notice what I actually got today, but looking at this thread, I looked and I only have 4k out, so I guess I got 1500 instead of 20k as well.  I was about halfway through my days too. :(

I probably did Trudy around 4 or 5am NST yesterday, and 4am NST today.  Yesterday, I'm pretty sure I got the full Trudy amount.

1 hour ago, lakecat said:

I don't think so.  I got my 100k today.  The 6th was the reset.  Today is the 25th day from then, as the 6th is the first day, so 6+24=30.  You might just have an off by one error, because of the index starting at 1.

10 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

I don't think so.  I got my 100k today.  The 6th was the reset.  Today is the 25th day from then, as the 6th is the first day, so 6+24=30.  You might just have an off by one error, because of the index starting at 1.

You're right. I checked my notes. I wrote down the 20th two times, then the 21st. I should have looked before posting. :blush: :arrowhead: :biggrin:

• 3 months later...

I'm having trouble with Trudy. It's "waiting for me", but the screen says come back tomorrow. I didn't spin it today because I can't. Is this DST related again? o_O 

Fortunately I got my 100,000 Saturday, so this is no big deal...this time. :eh:

3 hours ago, lakecat said:

I'm having trouble with Trudy. It's "waiting for me", but the screen says come back tomorrow. I didn't spin it today because I can't. Is this DST related again? o_O 

Fortunately I got my 100,000 Saturday, so this is no big deal...this time. :eh:

Most likely related to DST.  Hey, maybe they are working on it NOT resetting!! :happydance:.  Or is that too much to hope for?  LOL

Oh good I am not the only one who is experiencing this on Trudy's Surprise. I tried three different time to play and it would tell me to come back tomorrow even though I have the event on my neopets page.