Giving Neopoints to a friend

extrasuperfantastic

Hi!

I want to give some Neopoints to my sister. They were legitimately earned and I am giving them to her legitimately, but it's a few million and I have heard that transferring large amounts of NP can raise red flags and cause accounts to be frozen. How would you all recommend I go about this so that we don't get into trouble?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed in a previous post - I did a little bit of searching but wasn't sure what search terms to use!

I've heard of some people having a closed auction. Then you agree to pay a certain large amount for a cheap item not really worth that much. It says this:

If an auction has [NF] after the username, it's for that person's neofriends only

The chance of another NF coming along and paying, say, 3 Million for a smoothie is pretty slim...I've never tried this, so maybe someone who has can give more info. I did once give a high priced paint brush to a friend with no problems, so maybe you could buy one or more valuable items and give those to her. Then she could keep them or sell them for the NP. But it's a good thing that it's difficult to transfer large amounts of NP directly. It's for our protection. It makes it harder for someone who might hack into someone's account to drain it and give themselves all of the bank savings in one step.

4 hours ago, extrasuperfantastic said:

Hi!

I want to give some Neopoints to my sister. They were legitimately earned and I am giving them to her legitimately, but it's a few million and I have heard that transferring large amounts of NP can raise red flags and cause accounts to be frozen. How would you all recommend I go about this so that we don't get into trouble?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed in a previous post - I did a little bit of searching but wasn't sure what search terms to use!

When you're planning on giving someone else neopoints, you should always take these two editorial questions into consideration:

Hi CQ. I've sent in a ticket on this subject but thought it might be an idea to put it here too for community reference. I wish to give some neopoints to neofriends but don't know how to go about it or if it's allowed. I want to give a significant amount to one or two of my neofriends but need guidance please. Could you please provide me with some advice? Please remove my username (don't want to get a sack load of begging letters). Thank you. ~ username removed

Hi! We appreciate your generosity, but this is not allowed. Neopets is a game, and therefore we ask that all users achieve things - like earning Neopoints - on their own.

Hi CQ! Last week, a user asked if they could give their neofriends some of their NP. However, you said this was not allowed. I was always under the impression that it was absolutely fine to give items/NP away as long as it wasn't an ANNOUNCED giveaway (which would encourage begging). Is this a change in the rules? Some clarification would be awesome, thanks! ~ rayoceanweaver

I did not say you couldn't send items as gifts, that is perfectly okay! I was specifically saying we don't want people sending others all their neopoints, so users still have to work for things themselves. There was no change in rules - just apparently poor wording on my part.

It will always be risky no matter what method you use to transfer those neopoints (trading post, auctions, etc). Then again, with the state of the site, it makes me wonder how strictly Jumpstart enforces those rules.

I wonder, after reading these answers, if I can transfer neopoints to my SIDE ACCOUNT. 
I want to go for Soup Faerie Avatar soon and I have 8million.. and I thought it was more than ok to make a Trade Post on my side account with junk and buy it for 2m each.. 
Is that not allowed?

Now about the topic itself, if you want to present your friend you can always ask what he/she wants and give it to him/her. For example a paint brush or a favorite item or a wearable! Many options :D