Ixi archer color!

1 hour ago, Yuiina said:

The only "no" for me in pirate is the eyes and I do not have chance to buy NC, I have some items to trade that I got from an event some years ago but I don't think people trade those.

Yeah. I think I would want to change those eyes too. The grey is really nice though. Which colour would you make them? 

1 hour ago, Voskit said:

Yeah. I think I would want to change those eyes too. The grey is really nice though. Which colour would you make them? 

Yes the grey is amazing but the eyes ruin everything for me :S 
And I didn't find any on NC that I'd like.

23 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I very much like pirate the best myself, the other colours are either too much of a clash, or blend too much/provide no contrast with the clothes. The red especially is really in your face, lol.

I'm ALL about good/fitting contrast, and don't like too many shades of the same colour being used together, so the grey of the pirate skin is just right for me, plus the cool shade works perfectly with the green of the cape as that's also a cool colour tone. Also, on a more practical level, as she's an archer the grey is a natural colour which will help her blend into the environment - look how her skin and cloak colours would help her camouflage herself in the trees and rocks behind her in your example background. So yep, if she were my ixi I'd pick pirate, ARRR!

Really interesting to see all the different opinions people have shared, good luck with your final decision. :D

I actually like when the colours sort of blend together, but I do agree that the pirate skin looks nice. I just don't like the red eyes (I see Yuiina doesn't like them either)...

If it weren't for the antlers and the red nose, I'd vote for Christmas because I like the sort of neutral skin and the green eyes. I don't like anything about the Red one, so that leaves me with Speckled and Woodland... I'll vote for both, because I think either one would be a good choice!

Edit: @Yuiina I suppose you already looked through all the colour options, so I was wondering what's your opinion on Biscuit? I personally think the skin tone is quite nice, plus, it has green eyes!

3 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I actually like when the colours sort of blend together, but I do agree that the pirate skin looks nice. I just don't like the red eyes (I see Yuiina doesn't like them either)...

If it weren't for the antlers and the red nose, I'd vote for Christmas because I like the sort of neutral skin and the green eyes. I don't like anything about the Red one, so that leaves me with Speckled and Woodland... I'll vote for both, because I think either one would be a good choice!

Edit: @Yuiina I suppose you already looked through all the colour options, so I was wondering what's your opinion on Biscuit? I personally think the skin tone is quite nice, plus, it has green eyes!

I totally do not like the red eyes :P but I like the skin color that is why I put it up as option.
The green eyes from Christmas are lovely that is why it is also there as option.
About the biscuit, yes I checked through all the colours possible and the biscuit the only thing I like is the eyes, that green is very smooth and beautiful, but the rest it doesn't "click" in my heart :)

Interestingly, I didn't even notice the pirate had red eyes until Deb mentioned it, go me...:rolleyes: THAT'S why everyone was discussing contacts! So it's really good that contacts are available (IF you can find some that you like, and they don't cost the earth!)

My draik's angry meepit contacts were pricey, but they made her look totally adorable rather than...yeah yucky red eyes! The draik's red eyes are a lot more in your face than the pirate ixi, I see! The draik's the only pet where those contacts don't actually look angry. Well, and the nimmo, they just looks derpy in them. :laugh:

2.png  small_preview.png

I definitely appear to be in the minority with my general dislike of matchy-match, I realised this many years ago though, lol.

Are our thoughts and discussions helping you at all, Yuiina?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Interestingly, I didn't even notice the pirate had red eyes until Deb mentioned it, go me...:rolleyes: THAT'S why everyone was discussing contacts! So it's really good that contacts are available (IF you can find some that you like, and they don't cost the earth!)

My draik's angry meepit contacts were pricey, but they made her look totally adorable rather than...yeah yucky red eyes! The draik's red eyes are a lot more in your face than the pirate ixi, I see! The draik's the only pet where those contacts don't actually look angry. Well, and the nimmo, they just looks derpy in them. :laugh:

2.png  small_preview.png

I definitely appear to be in the minority with my general dislike of matchy-match, I realised this many years ago though, lol.

Are our thoughts and discussions helping you at all, Yuiina?

Of course they're helping me! :D Gotta love this community! 
My personal favorites are Speckled and Woodland. I love woodland pets but I find them extremely hard to customize with neopoints..
But I asked here because I like you guys and would like to have some feedback :)