Quickest ways of raising happiness?

firaplays

My poor baby just went from delighted to depressed because of a random event. I didn't even know there WERE events like that! Are there quick ways of restoring that lost happiness or do I just have to give him a bunch of toys for a few days?

Man, and the whole reason I even wanted a Grey Draik in the first place was because they don't look sad ><

I'm interested in the answer to this too.  I generally play with my pets or take them battling, as that sometimes seems to help raise their spirits.  I've wondered if having them read books has a similar effect on their mood (it works on mine!) but generally don't read them enough books in one sitting when they're depressed to notice if it helps.  It's that whole multiple-use toys vs single-use books thing.  If necessary, they can play with the same item 50 times.  If books work, well, not everyone has 50 books that their pet hasn't yet read just sitting about waiting for such an event.

Your pet will also like a Tiki Tour... I think that also costs 50 np. I've had a similar RE in the past and to make my pet happy did a whirl on the merry-go-round, a tiki tour, and played with a toy about twenty times. My memory is kinda junk but I'm certain it was all accomplished in one sitting. 

He's happy again! A few spins on the merry-go-round and some toys did the trick. I really hope I don't get that event again. It's probably just a coincidence, but I'd never had that event before I painted my Draik grey. I hope this isn't a pattern now that he's the "unhappy" color^^'

2 minutes ago, firaplays said:

It's probably just a coincidence, but I'd never had that event before I painted my Draik grey. I hope this isn't a pattern now that he's the "unhappy" color^^'

For what it's worth, I've gotten that event once or twice and I've never had a grey pet. haha

Also you could try Kacheek Seek! By the time I get to the bottom row of places for my pet to hide, they usually tell me that they're bored with Kacheek Seek and their disposition usually has improved almost back to joyful or delighted. :dance:<- My Pets on the Roo Island Merry-Go_Round, :laughingsmiley: and then :whaa:

On 3/15/2017 at 3:21 PM, firaplays said:

He's happy again! A few spins on the merry-go-round and some toys did the trick. I really hope I don't get that event again. It's probably just a coincidence, but I'd never had that event before I painted my Draik grey. I hope this isn't a pattern now that he's the "unhappy" color^^'

It's definitely a coincidence. I don't have any grey pets and I have gotten that RE a few times. I also like how the Grey Draik has a hopeful look. Anyway, glad to know he's happy again =D