Yay for soon to be engagement, nay for urgent care visit

Zimmerchild

So to be engagement because I won't let my boyfriend officially propose until my ring gets here, lol. Urgent Care visit because I was sick with a sinus cold for about two weeks and strain/sprained/bruise my muscles in my rib cage from coughing and am now in massive amounts of pain when I laugh or move. I laugh a lot, like A LOT! 

Congratulations on the Engagement! Sorry about the sinus cold that bruised your rib cage. I hope you will feel better soon. The doctor probably gave you something for the pain, but also remember to stay away from dairy products (milk, ice cream, etc.) bc they tend to cause your body to secrete more mucus and you don't want more-you want less. Green Tea with Lemon is what my mom is working on and I wasn't worried about her "barking" cough until I read your post and thought, What? Lots of coughing can do THAT? So I will be watching her over the weekend while my dad goes off on his trip for 2 weeks.

No jokes, I wouldn't want to make you ache, but I do hope you recover fully soon. :heart:

Yeah, my cold is just about gone, only the occasional cough which could also be asthma. I also have Fibromyalgia which makes it easier for me to get hurt, usually, older people have the issue of coughing and bruising or breaking a rib, I got some pain killers for sleeping, otherwise, I'm a tough it out kind of person. lol I also have a lot of food allergies, dairy being one of them, so no worries on me consuming those. :) 

My boyfriend feels so bad because it's what we do all the time, joke and laugh, so now it's haha ow, haha ow. lol Thank you, I hope I get better sooner rather than later, a month can be a long time. :D

12 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Green Tea with Lemon is what my mom is working on and I wasn't worried about her "barking" cough until I read your post and thought, What? Lots of coughing can do THAT? So I will be watching her over the weekend while my dad goes off on his trip for 2 weeks.

I feel really rude that I didn't even acknowledge your mother coughing, I hope she starts to feel better soon. I was also doing a throat soothing tea to help with my cough. Way to be an awesome child looking after your mum while your dad is away! :D

6 hours ago, charelan said:

Congrats on the engagement! That's big news! I also had no idea a cough could do that :bigeyed: - I feel for you!!! 

Thank you! I'm excited. Kenny's wedding ring is already here, we're just waiting for my ring to get here, I only want the one. 

Yeah, usually people in their late 60s and older have this issue, however, fibromyalgia really doesn't like me, I'm just happy it wasn't broken. lol I broke my ankle when I was almost 30, then when I was 33 I got a job in retail and only had it for about 2 weeks before I had to be put on rest with a walking cast/surgical boot on my left leg for about a month, all because of fibromyalgia. So, I laugh a lot, which is not helping my side right now, haha. lol

Congrats on the almost engagement! My husband proposed with a simple band because my ring hadn't arrived yet. It worked for us, but I understand wanting the ring first. It makes things less awkward when people ask to see your ring & you can show them your hand rather than pulling out your phone to show the mock up picture. :P

Hope you get to feeling better & healing quickly! 

13 minutes ago, just4dailies said:

Congrats on the almost engagement! My husband proposed with a simple band because my ring hadn't arrived yet. It worked for us, but I understand wanting the ring first. It makes things less awkward when people ask to see your ring & you can show them your hand rather than pulling out your phone to show the mock up picture. :P

Hope you get to feeling better & healing quickly! 

Thank you, I don't even know what the ring looks like, I gave Kenny a list of rings that I like and told him to pick the one he liked best, so it's also going to be a surprise for me. :D 

I do feel better already, thank you, just gotta wait for the pain to go away. :) 

Just now, charelan said:

Maybe you could show us a picture when it comes :)

Oh of course, I'll be more than happy to share with everyone. :D 

I'm glad to hear you are already starting to feel better after reading about the bruised muscles. :smile: I'm a laugher too. I laugh loud and often and at pretty much anything.(Not at serious things like your bruise). I have the easiest sense of humor.:biggrin: It's hard when you have a side/chest injury, to avoid laughing at something you find funny. Congrats on your soon to be engagement! I would love to see the ring after it comes.

Congrats on the pending engagement! :D

To cough that much and that hard is not fun! I hope you heal up fast and can get back to laughing!

I'm currently getting over strep throat and a sinus cold. I think the infection has moved into my lungs. I cannot for the life of me stop coughing. I've been like this for two days and my insides hurt, so I feel some of your pain. I don't think I've bruised anything (yet) at least. At least I have a doctors appointment this afternoon so I'll be sure to get checked out. :D

On 3/17/2017 at 4:12 PM, Panthersclaw said:

I'm glad to hear you are already starting to feel better after reading about the bruised muscles. :smile: I'm a laugher too. I laugh loud and often and at pretty much anything.(Not at serious things like your bruise). I have the easiest sense of humor.:biggrin: It's hard when you have a side/chest injury, to avoid laughing at something you find funny. Congrats on your soon to be engagement! I would love to see the ring after it comes.

lol I laugh about my bruise. I have a pain disorder, that last time I checked has been classified as a lifelong neurological disorder, so I laugh about it as much as I can, because nothing is going to change it. It just sucks when I know otherwise I would have been just fine. lol I'll be very happy to share ring pictures with everyone once it is here. :D 

Edit: I checked last night and it's classified as a lifelong nervous system disorder, I think I have been looking at brain stuff lately. lol

On 3/21/2017 at 2:27 AM, Mouseykins said:

Congrats on the pending engagement! :D

To cough that much and that hard is not fun! I hope you heal up fast and can get back to laughing!

I'm currently getting over strep throat and a sinus cold. I think the infection has moved into my lungs. I cannot for the life of me stop coughing. I've been like this for two days and my insides hurt, so I feel some of your pain. I don't think I've bruised anything (yet) at least. At least I have a doctors appointment this afternoon so I'll be sure to get checked out. :D

Thank you.

I am a pretty fast healer, the Physicians Assistant told me about a month, I'm already feeling well enough that I might try doing yoga next week. 

Yuck! Strep is going around it seems, a friend of mine and her daughter were recently diagnosed with it. I hope you start to get some relief soon and that it hasn't gotten any worse. :D Get lots of rest.