I'm back after 4/5 years!

Kaylan

Hey guys, I'm back after a long hiatus. I just have a couple of questions to see how much has actually changed. 1. Will the habitarium ever be back up? 2. Do world challenges exist anymore? 3. What's the one thing that's changed the most that you either like or dislike? 

Thanks! 

Hi Kaylan! My account is only 3 years old but my sisters, who are in college and older have been playing for like 12 years and used to let me play on their laps with a Yellow Grarrl they put on one of their accounts just for me (I think I was 4 years old) so I could feed it (it ate everything! they had to remember to put valuables away or I fed it things just to see if he would eat it) and played Kacheek Seek with it. Of course, I'm in high school now and I know that "sharing" accounts is not allowed, so we all have separate accounts. For your 3 questions, I think people with more experience or who were your friends before you took your break could answer the first 2 questions (I didn't play Habtarium but my sister, mintmilanos, did) and we never did World Challenges. But Q#3, I can tell you straight out- I miss Key Quest!!! :angry: It was one of the best ways to get codestones and battledome gives maybe 3 or 4 if I'm lucky but I get a lot of starry cookies, kites, and Tyrannian plushies or Usukis but... those items actually became useful for Charity Corner. :rolleyes:

I've been hanging around off and on for 14+ years. Ugh that seems like such a long time T_T!!! I still love Neopets though. I've taken several breaks along the way, some long, some short. RL always comes first after all! I wish they'd bring back the Habitarium but sadly, that's not going to happen, no matter how much we plead and beg and roll around on the floor and have a huge miserable sad! WCs seem to also have gone the way of the Habs, gone, not forgotten but, not coming back either. I've seen all kinds of things change but a lot also stays just the same.

I like how the art has evolved, I remember how the site looked when I first started in 2002 (Good Grarrl that's a long time ago! O.o) The art now is far more professional looking, just all kinds of sparkles and prettiness, even the junk looks nice! ^_^ Speaking of junk, they have a daily now called the Coincidence that takes junk and generates a random event, anything can happen! Well..not anything..but something! And come on, it takes junk! So, weee!

Let's see, what else, hmm...lotsa new games, making np seems a little easier. Looooads of new items to discover all over the place and they just keep on adding more. Seems a lot of things have been retired too so check your inventory for hidden wealth in items that used to be plentiful and cheap and have become rare and expensive for some reason lol Welcome back! Still the same Neopets but new and improved in lotsa ways.

Welcome to TDN! I think the best thing to come to Neopets has to be Trudy's Surprise. Unlike the other dailies that give out ~1.5k NP on very rare occasions, Trudy's Surprise is a great way to get NP, and I think it makes the site friendlier to younger users who don't know how to manage/make NP.  I wish it would have been around when I first started playing in grade school!

Hello Kaylan, 

I am back as well from a 4-5 years hiatus, and I what I can say is that there are some differences. For example:

- The new TNT is... "lazy" and "sloopy". The news they publish are pretty much always late (today is illusen day but they probably will only release the news tomorrow, happened a lot with pet days as well). The contests sometimes are veeeeery late! Ex: I'm back since January and the Caption Contest hasn't changed at all, it is still the exact same picture with no winners announced;

- The new pet colors released and/or outfits on pets days are sometimes very "poor";

- Habitarium is over: I loved that game so much;

- They take ages to answer your tickets (but I'm not sure how long did it take before because I never needed to send one, but now I know for sure it takes ages and that is if you're lucky enough to get an answer);

+ The only positive thing is Trudy's Surprise daily. 

In the end, welcome back :dance: