Nay for Fasting

WhiteWolf

*Mods: I apologize if I'm using a word that isn't allowed. Please don't freeze me.

I have to fast for a blood test I'm getting in the morning. It's no big deal, but I really, really hate not being able to have anything other than water after midnight! If I can't get the results forwarded to a second doctor, I'll have to do it again Monday night! I've done this for 35+ years, and I still hate it.

Awww man! Those 12-hour fasts are BRUTAL. :(

Best of luck! I hope they use a small needle, like a butterfly needle! And that the nurse doing the blood draw has a good "sticking" technique!

My advice when dealing with a 12 hour fast (I'm assuming your's is 12 hours because that's all I've ever experienced). Eat during the last hour before you have to start fasting, as long as it lands within what your doc orders you to do. And then try to sleep shortly thereafter. I tend to not wake-up hungry if I have something to keep my stomach rumblings at bay before bed, and try to make myself sleep. But yeah, fasting just kinda blows in general. Even though it's for accuracy of the blood test. Also, maybe pack something small but tasty in a purse or pocket for AFTER the blood-draw appointment is over. Like a granola bar or some such thing. That way you'll have something to take the edge off of your hunger until you can fix a proper meal for yourself. Or if you're married, your spouse can fix the meal while you rest. ;) Even chewing a piece of gum can help after the blood-draw.

Anyway, you may already have something you do for Blood-Draws, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents in hopes it might give you some possibly new ideas. ;) Best of luck! I hope your tests come back with the best possible results!