Daily Dare 2017!

Mouseykins

34 minutes ago, Hanso said:

I do agree the trophy system is unfair and it'd be nice if they could add more trophy tiers. But as jellytsundae pointed out, it's understandable why Jumpstart didn't bother to add more trophies for different levels of participation/winning; where would they draw the lines? It'd be extremely tricky, but I'd still like to see them try.

I get where you're coming from, especially since I get stressed out over the tiniest things. I remember how last year I was so mad 'cause the Festival of Neggs was going on but I couldn't access my account and TNT wasn't answering my tickets. I wanted to talk about the event with other players on board 7, like the good ol' times, but I couldn't, and I also had lost my chance of getting the final prize. I was desperate to participate. But then I remembered Neopets is just a virtual pet site and I shouldn't let it affect me that way. It's something I enjoy and that has been with me for more than eight years, and I'm grateful for that, but at the end of the day it's just a website.

If you can't focus on DD because you lack the time and got other things to do, you shouldn't worry too much about it. Real life takes priority, and allowing Neopets to become stressful is a problem that needs fixing. Abigail is there for anyone who doesn't have the time to beat AAA's scores. If you don't even have the time to participate and beat Abigail, and that's sad/stressful to you, then that's not a problem with the DD itself.

It probably wouldn't be feasible to make several more trophy tiers - it would be fun to see them try, but I'm actually content with having several silver trophies that stand for wildly different Daily Dare achievements. :)

I didn't mean to imply that the possibility of it being stressful is a problem with the DD itself, but that doesn't lessen the stress. I get where people are coming from who argue that it's just a virtual pet site, just a game, not real life, and therefore it shouldn't affect me the same way as other things do, but, I don't know, I've never quite agreed with that logic. (Even though I know it makes sense/is true for many people.) If I care about something, whether it's a game, a book, a job, or whatever, it has the power to affect me (both in positive and negative ways). To different degrees, of course, but even Neopets can potentially cause me stress. (It usually doesn't, but since it mostly affects me in positive ways, it also has the ability to affect me in negative ways.) Silly games are as much a part of my life as my job, friends, etc., however pathetic that may sound written down like this. (At this point I've literally been playing Neopets for half my life.) I've never been able to choose which things I allow to affect me, but I admire people who do have that ability. (I'm really good at telling myself I don't care about something, but no matter how amazing I am pretending that's true, it doesn't magically make it so. :P)

I guess, what I'm trying to say/starting to realise, is that, to me, online games/message boards/social media/etc., are as 'real' as the things (jobs, friends, etc.) in my 'real life'. The divide no longer makes any sense to me. If it's something I do/experience, it's part of my life, and it's no less real just because it happens in a virtual place. It still takes time, energy (and sometimes effort), and it can bring me joy, or stress, much like experiences that are traditionally considered 'real life' can. (For instance, reading is as much of a hobby as playing online games is, yet I've always included that in my 'real life', so I think it's time I included Neopets too.) :)

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

If I care about something, whether it's a game, a book, a job, or whatever, it has the power to affect me (both in positive and negative ways). To different degrees, of course, but even Neopets can potentially cause me stress. (It usually doesn't, but since it mostly affects me in positive ways, it also has the ability to affect me in negative ways.) (...) I've never been able to choose which things I allow to affect me, but I admire people who do have that ability. (I'm really good at telling myself I don't care about something, but no matter how amazing I am pretending that's true, it doesn't magically make it so. :P)

That's completely understandable; I feel ya. And while I do have the ability to choose what affects me and what doesn't when it comes to Neopets or games in general, it's usually quite difficult with everything else.

Silly games are as much a part of my life as my job, friends, etc., however pathetic that may sound written down like this. (At this point I've literally been playing Neopets for half my life.)

Doesn't sound pathetic at all. Games can have a big and positive impact on people's lives. Heck, sometimes I forget Neopets even helped me decide on my career.

I guess I agree with almost everything you said :P

15 minutes ago, Hanso said:

That's completely understandable; I feel ya. And while I do have the ability to choose what affects me and what doesn't when it comes to Neopets or games in general, it's usually quite difficult with everything else.

Doesn't sound pathetic at all. Games can have a big and positive impact on people's lives. Heck, sometimes I forget Neopets even helped me decide on my career.

I guess I agree with almost everything you said :P

:smile:
(I'm glad it made sense, because when I started writing my post, I wasn't quite sure where I was going with it. ;))

Off topic: what's your career?

I managed to beat Chadley today! Super surprised considering I'm pretty bad at today's game, but after reading a few guides, I managed to get 35 as my score :) I've definitely secured my silver trophy and am quite pleased with that. Good luck everyone!

I haven't had much time to play the games this time around so I'm lagging behind. I have 6 challenges to complete right now and I'm hoping to be able to beat Chadley for all of them, but if it comes down to it at 11:00pm NST I'll just start challenging Abigail to get them completed. Really hoping I can squeeze out a gold.

Currently I have Days 3, 4, 6, 12, 17, and of course 18 to complete.

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

I haven't had much time to play the games this time around so I'm lagging behind. I have 6 challenges to complete right now and I'm hoping to be able to beat Chadley for all of them, but if it comes down to it at 11:00pm NST I'll just start challenging Abigail to get them completed. Really hoping I can squeeze out a gold.

Keep trying, @Mouseykins! I know you can do it! I'm rootin' for ya! Get that gold!

1 minute ago, singittome said:

So if I completed all but one of Chadley's games will I get the silver trophy?

Yes. If you completed 19 Chadley, and 1 Agigail, you should get a silver trophy. At least, that's how its been done in the past.

Overall, I'm glad DD is finally over. 20 days is long time of game playing. And I know it may have been somewhat disappointing to some. But, if we are lucky, we will have GMC to look for, and those scores tend to be a bit more challenging than DD. Also, I'm really hoping the Festival of Neegs will start next week, too! Now, that is something I think everyone has the same ability to compete with. More free prizes - now that is something I can't complain about.

I did it! I beat Chadley every day! Congratulations to everyone else who completed the DD and earned whatever trophy they got as well! :D

Super surprised about all the low scores on games this year but I am not complaining because I will have a shiny gold trophy on my userlookup now! ;) 

2 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Keep trying, @Mouseykins! I know you can do it! I'm rootin' for ya! Get that gold!

Thanks @Scoobert_Doo! I'm going to keep trying until time runs out. Though I'm still getting other things done around my house in between gaming. So when I need a break from games I do a couple things on my list and come back. Right now I'm working on Cooty Wars. I'm sure I can beat Chadley since my high score isn't too far below his. :D

I've been having issues with my score for Bark Boat not submitting! I tried with a friend challenge and without a challenge, I submitted 3 scores over Chadley's score on the day of the challenge and it still says 0. I beat the score yesterday and today, submitted and got my neopoints, but it will not let me complete that challenge! I worked had to beat Chadley each day and this one day is going to cost me the gold trophy! I submitted a ticket but they haven't replied and I'm sure they won't be able to do anything about the score or my trophy- so unfair!! Help!!

2 minutes ago, d_artemiss said:

I've been having issues with my score for Bark Boat not submitting! I tried with a friend challenge and without a challenge, I submitted 3 scores over Chadley's score on the day of the challenge and it still says 0. I beat the score yesterday and today, submitted and got my neopoints, but it will not let me complete that challenge! I worked had to beat Chadley each day and this one day is going to cost me the gold trophy! I submitted a ticket but they haven't replied and I'm sure they won't be able to do anything about the score or my trophy- so unfair!! Help!!

Probably a dumb question but did you make sure to challenge Chadley before submitting your scores?

3 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Probably a dumb question but did you make sure to challenge Chadley before submitting your scores?

Yep, first thing I did was click challenge- where the button is on the main page the score is 0, and on the team challenge page it has the challenge button for Chadley greyed out and the one for Abigail is gone. I really wanted that gold trophy...

22 minutes ago, d_artemiss said:

Yep, first thing I did was click challenge- where the button is on the main page the score is 0, and on the team challenge page it has the challenge button for Chadley greyed out and the one for Abigail is gone. I really wanted that gold trophy...

I know this may not help, either, but have you tried playing with a different browser? Have you tried a Ctrl+F5 on the Daily Dare page? A Ctrl+F5 is a "hard refresh", meaning your browser will request a new instance of the page, so all page info will be updated. Are your scores showing up on the "High Scores" on the Barf Boat page itself - Your High Score and This Month:?

1 minute ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I know this may not help, either, but have you tried playing with a different browser? Have you tried a Ctrl+F5 on the Daily Dare page? A Ctrl+F5 is a "hard refresh", meaning your browser will request a new instance of the page, so all page info will be updated. Are your scores showing up on the "High Scores" on the Barf Boat page itself - Your High Score and This Month:?

Good idea- I will try the ctrl+F5 and try another browser! My scores update for the month, too. 

I completed all of the challenges!  I beat Chadley for every one!  Congrats to everyone else who participated!  Some of those scores were really tough!

Good luck, Mouseykins! And I hope you can submit your Barf Boat score, d_artemiss! I would be so frustrated if I were in your shoes!

2 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

took me 2 hours but I beat Chadley's score in Internet Explorer and it still won't show up for Daily Dare. :blush02:

31 minutes ago, d_artemiss said:

took me 2 hours but I beat Chadley's score in Internet Explorer and it still won't show up for Daily Dare. :blush02:

I'm truly sorry to put you through all of that trouble. It is something I would have tried, if it was happening to me. I'm not sure what could be causing it, at this point. I really hope they answer your support ticket. If I can think of anything else, I'll either edit this or post. So, this page, the main Daily Dare page, http://www.neopets.com/games/dd/index.phtml, for Day 18, shows "0" in the yellow box? By your first post, it sounds like you challenged Chadley first, before making or accepting the Team Challenge. If you did that, then you would have "forfeited" the Team Challenge. That may explain why Chadley is "greyed out", and Abigail is missing, on the Team Challenge page. However, even if the Team Challenge was "forfeited", and you did challenge Chadley and beat his score, you should still show a check mark for Day 18 and a score in the yellow box, plus see Chadley in the box, to the right of the game box. Strange issue.

12 minutes ago, geoterza said:

I challenged and beat Chadley for all 20 days!  I forgot the partner challenge for one of the days, but oh well.

Since there were three days I completed today, will I still get the Gold?

Congratz on kicking Chadley's behind for 20 challenges! You should still be good for gold.

12 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Well looks like it'll be silver for me this year. I still have the above challenges to complete and not a lot of time to do them in so I'm challenging Abi for the remaining ones, just to finish. Today has just been one of those days where when I try to do something my baby girl wakes up and wants to be snuggled. Oh well silver is better than nothing. :D

There all done and with 10 minutes to spare. :D Maybe next year will be my gold trophy year.

Because I couldn't get my score to register for day 18, all I got was a terrible little participation trophy and 1000 np!!! This is so unfair!!!!!!! I beat Barf Boat 6 times and it wouldnt count my score and now I lose my trophy!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!