Day 2 - Kou-Jong

hrtbrk

DD

Day 2

Kou Jong

my highscore is 382 and i remember it took FOREVER

so

*look at the prizes* *look at difficulty* *look at Chad's prize* *look at difficulty* i tried hard and within 10 minutes i had to reset the first level TWICE ...

chose easy and beat Abi in 2 minutes ... *munches on pizza*

Just now, jellysundae said:

I didn't even look at the prizes, where are they shown?

Somewhere super obvious, I'm quite sure... >_<

They're in TDN's DD coverage page: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/daily-dare/index/

I've been playing on hard for about an hour and a half. I've finished the first two levels, but I've had to reset the third one twice so far. Thankfully there's no limit, so I'll just keep playing all day if I have to. So much for doing my real job... 

8 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

They're in TDN's DD coverage page: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/daily-dare/index/

I've been playing on hard for about an hour and a half. I've finished the first two levels, but I've had to reset the third one twice so far. Thankfully there's no limit, so I'll just keep playing all day if I have to. So much for doing my real job... 

See? Somewhere super obvious! :laugh: Thank you!

I had to reset 3 times on the third level, but it let me finish after that, so there is hope for you yet!

I kicked booty today and got a score of 1113. Kou-Jong is a game I play every day.

Believe me, I'm not good at the other games...I doubt I will be able to beat Chadley every day...

36 minutes ago, tk421beth said:

I kicked booty today and got a score of 1113. Kou-Jong is a game I play every day.

Believe me, I'm not good at the other games...I doubt I will be able to beat Chadley every day...

That's an impressive score, Beth! I like kou-jong, but I'm not especially good at it, lol. Today was the first time EVER that I've managed to complete a level before the bonus ran out, that enabled me to beat Chadley very nicely...maybe AAA was watching over me? lol

I decided to go for Chadley again today and couldn't make any progress playing on Hard.  So I switched to medium and got a time bonus on level 1 and level two.  It put me withing shooting distance of 400 without needing a time bonus for level 3.  So I played that a few times and got 434 total by the end.  It took about an hour total.  If you can't get through Hard, try Medium.  It's way easier.

12 minutes ago, geoterza said:

I decided to go for Chadley again today and couldn't make any progress playing on Hard.  So I switched to medium and got a time bonus on level 1 and level two.  It put me withing shooting distance of 400 without needing a time bonus for level 3.  So I played that a few times and got 434 total by the end.  It took about an hour total.  If you can't get through Hard, try Medium.  It's way easier.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I didn't realize playing on medium would yield enough points to beat Chadley so I didn't even consider it. I just got 491 in 10 minutes. You are a lifesaver! I can't believe I wasted my entire morning on this. 

50 minutes ago, geoterza said:

i didn't even know there's a medium lol 

either way i don't care much ...  even if i beat this game i'm sure there are other games i can't beat ... i don't have the time or energy ///

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Aaaaaand I'm still stuck on level three. My last pair keeps being stacked on top of each other :angry:

That is SOO frustrating, isn't it?! Some mah-jong games have a shuffle option which can help with that, but not kou-jong... :sad01_anim: I say can help, because when it's the last two tiles I guess it would just swap them around but stack them on top of each other again. <_<

41 minutes ago, Hanso said:

To me, getting more than 600 points in that game is not humanly possible. Are you a robot? :P

I am not a robot ^_^

Believe me, it takes FOREVER to get that score. I have to re-start mostly every level when I get stuck/cannot complete the level. You have to have a lot of patience!

I have a boring life, and have time to play

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

That is SOO frustrating, isn't it?! Some mah-jong games have a shuffle option which can help with that, but not kou-jong... :sad01_anim: I say can help, because when it's the last two tiles I guess it would just swap them around but stack them on top of each other again. <_<

YES! I wish there were a shuffle option. OR an undo option. I would happily trade the hints for undo instead--the number of times I made a match only to realize there would have been a better tile to use instead... 

I rarely play this game, so it's almost new to me. After having to reset many times this morning on Hard, I'm trying Medium now. I've got 215 and am about to start Stage 3. Can I get enough points on Stage 3 to get to 400? Now Stage 3 won't finish loading. Should I wait a while or give up? What causes this?

34 minutes ago, lakecat said:

I've got 215 and am about to start Stage 3. Can I get enough points on Stage 3 to get to 400? Now Stage 3 won't finish loading. Should I wait a while or give up? What causes this?

If you complete all stages on medium, you get a total of 250 base points. Stage 3 gives you 114 points, so you'd need to get at least 71 bonus points to get to 400.

I'd recommend you to start over and get at least 75 bonus points on stages 1 and 2 each so you don't have to worry about getting bonus points on stage 3 (the hardest one). That's what I did.

Also, for a lot of people the game freezes or doesn't load when they try to reset or start a new round. It's really annoying.