BTY frustration

ranga_muffin

So where I live, it's rather difficult for me to get the Better Than You trophy in gold as the new rounds tend to be released in the middle of the night. But tonight, I checked and the new round started around 1am, so I was like let's give this a go. NGL, I am not a fan of the game - Gwyl's Great Escape, but I have sat here struggling to get the 300 score for 50 minutes. Now last I had checked there were 19 people who had beaten the challenger, so I was like okay, well a silver trophy is still an improvement. Anyhoo, I finally did it, I don't know how but I did, I passed that 300 mark. I was tempted to send the score straightaway, but I was all nah don't be paranoid ranga, just finish the game, I won't last much longer. So I did, and I made it to just before the end of the next level, sent my score (no problems, phew), and saw the delightful neomail notification informing of my victory. Then I refreshed the BTY page, and saw the fateful words "55 people have already beaten Gwyl the Symol". I then opened my neomail to confirm the bronze truth. I am cry now.

Just having a bit of a whinge. It's late and I'm tired and I've been aiming for a silver/gold trophy for over a year, and I came so close, and yet it was so far :(

On the plus side, I do have a new background which makes me happy

Congrats on the BTY achievement! The times are messed up for me, too. I'm usually at work when BTY is released. I cannot play games at work. We have a proxy server and filters that block "games" (and other stuff) in general. 1 am is a bit of a challenge, though. I do feel for you, on that. I have stayed up that late during events before, but my game scores aren't so great, as I am usually tired. But, getting a Bronze trophy, whether for the first or 50th time, is a feat in itself! Usually, the BTY games are either 1. A game I'm decent at and can beat the score, 2. Hard, and no way I'm ever going to beat the score, no matter what, or 3. A bit of challenge, and I might be able to beat the score, with practice, but, by that time, I might be able to get bronze. Keep at it. I believe you will hit it just right, one of these Wednesday's - a BTY game you are good at, with a score you can achieve, and fast enough to get a silver or gold trophy. There is tough competition out there, but it will make the silver or gold trophy that much better. And, never be afraid to end the game, if you can, and send your score, once you beat the BTY score. That could make all the difference.

don't give up .. 

i had a bronze trophy in BTY for ages ... 

then i upgraded to silver which honestly i have no recollection how i got it ... and i'm also in a messed up timezone

:D

i just finished this week's challenge for the heck of it and got a cool background (i think i'm number 470 or so) ... 300 was easy .. my HS in this game is 690 ...