Day 3 - Brunos Backwoods Breakaway [DOUBLE DARE]

hrtbrk

i did it in 10 minutes despite having stomach cramps ... 

i didn't even realize it's double dare day ...

i got a score of 1150

all the prizes are really nice

here's my ixi wearing bruno wig

2.png

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

i did it in 10 minutes despite having stomach cramps ... 

i didn't even realize it's double dare day ...

i got a score of 1150

all the prizes are really nice

here's my ixi wearing bruno wig

2.png

I love the wig, and your Ixi looks FABULOUS wearing it!  Great job Angelo.

Merrr, I'm not a fan of this style of game... I hate not knowing what's beyond the edge of the screen! I haven't played this one much, so it'll probably take some practice. Thankfully I haven't had too much trouble getting up to level three so far...just two more to go to get Chadley's score. 

I am so crappy at this game! I haven't picked Chadley yet, I need to get better before I choose him.

I'd rather play Kou-Jong anyday :laugh:

Edit:

Oh my goodness! I got a score of 1055! I am so glad I chose Chadley! Yippee! ^_^

Good luck, everyone!

I scored an impressive 40 when I played this when I was working on the Top Gamer avatar...this doesn't bode well, does it? :crying_anim:

:laugh:

With any luck that was just playing enough to earn any score, not the best I could manage *gulps*

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I scored an impressive 40 when I played this when I was working on the Top Gamer avatar...this doesn't bode well, does it? :crying_anim:

:laugh:

With any luck that was just playing enough to earn any score, not the best I could manage *gulps*

You can do it! I vaguely referenced this guide: http://www.neopets.com/~yuio88

It provides a walkthrough of each level. Unfortunately you can't really follow along with the guide as you play, but read through each level's explanation a few times before playing it and you'll have an idea of where to go and what you're up against!

My advice is, hold on to your potions until you collect all of them.  You get more points the more you drop off.  For example, on level one, I dropped all 5 potions at once and scored 190 points, however when I dropped off 4 then 1, I scored 95 points.  At the later levels, when it is a matter of getting a potion dropped off to obtain the needed score, or losing a life, by all means, drop off that potion.  And don't forget the extra life cheat, lookoutbruno.  Could come in handy.

Did anyone else try the "lookoutbruno" code from the game guide? I tried it on every new game I started and nothing happened, So I was like "Okay maybe I need to loose a life in order to use it." So I also tried it after loosing a life and nada :/.

Sooo bummed though, was playing for like an hour and just kept getting in the 570-700 range, so I was like whatever I'm tired of this, I'll just choose Abigail beat (the previous days I kept playing until I beat Chadley's). So I play one last game, after choosing Abigail, and what do you know, I get over 1000. :( Haha just my luck

34 minutes ago, SootSprite said:

Did anyone else try the "lookoutbruno" code from the game guide? I tried it on every new game I started and nothing happened, So I was like "Okay maybe I need to loose a life in order to use it." So I also tried it after loosing a life and nada :/.

Sooo bummed though, was playing for like an hour and just kept getting in the 570-700 range, so I was like whatever I'm tired of this, I'll just choose Abigail beat (the previous days I kept playing until I beat Chadley's). So I play one last game, after choosing Abigail, and what do you know, I get over 1000. :( Haha just my luck

The code worked just fine for me. Although the game did seem to freeze for a second while I typed it in, but maybe that's supposed to happen.

A tip for next time: wait until you get the score (you want/are settling for) before choosing who you challenge. Keep the game open in one tab (don't send your score just yet) and then open a new tab to choose either Abigail or Chadley. Send the score after you've picked one.

Weelll, looks like I'll only be getting a participation trophy for this event then, lol. Can't manage this game AT. ALL. Just not got the reaction times for platform games, oh well!

31 minutes ago, Nielo said:

The code worked just fine for me. Although the game did seem to freeze for a second while I typed it in, but maybe that's supposed to happen.

A tip for next time: wait until you get the score (you want/are settling for) before choosing who you challenge. Keep the game open in one tab (don't send your score just yet) and then open a new tab to choose either Abigail or Chadley. Send the score after you've picked one.

Thanks! I knew it was something like that. I had both tabs opened. But sent the score first, and then chose, so thus had to play again. Will come in handy for tomorrow though. 

For the last two days I was just choosing Chadley before I even played a match, because I had played both games before. But I had never done this one before so wanted to play for a while and get the hang of it, so that's a great tip for games you don't know how well you'll do on.

28 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Weelll, looks like I'll only be getting a participation trophy for this event then, lol. Can't manage this game AT. ALL. Just not got the reaction times for platform games, oh well!

Don't give up yet! You still have 15+ days to beat Cheadley's score. JN's guide might prove useful. It has all the level maps.

Just now, Hanso said:

Don't give up yet! You still have 15+ days to beat Cheadley's score. JN's guide might prove useful. It has all the level maps.

Yeah! It took me over 30 minutes to just get up to level 3. I just kept dying and starting over. Also dropping all the potions off at once REALLY helps with the score points. And playing it over and over you learn the maps too. (Especially where those platform jumping bad guys start)

I haven't given up just yet, but being realistic, I'm definitely NOT going to be able to beat even Abigail's score on all of the upcoming games. My MS just doesn't let me play a lot of the games, my brain can't process quickly enough to be able to cope with the majority of Neo's games these days. It's cool though, I'll win SOME of them, and that's what matters. :D

Awww man, I didn't know that Daily Dare had started... Now I've missed 2 days of beating a score on the same day you could do it. But thanks for posting this so now I know it so I can so it every day from now on. (my fault for leaving the site on the dutch language since that's the one I'm used to). :D

3 hours ago, SootSprite said:

I used the code and it worked for me. I put it in at the beginning of the first level. Before I moved from the cave. It was also my "Press any key to start" You get a 4th life when it is activated.

2 hours ago, enitul said:

Awww man, I didn't know that Daily Dare had started... Now I've missed 2 days of beating a score on the same day you could do it. But thanks for posting this so now I know it so I can so it every day from now on. (my fault for leaving the site on the dutch language since that's the one I'm used to). :D

Although you may have missed out on the daily prize, for those days, you can still go for a gold or silver trophy, if that is something you are interested in. You can still challenge Chadley or Abigail, for those missed days. And, if the daily prizes are something you are interested in, you may find them being sold in user shops. Anywho, glad you found out about DD sooner, rather than later!