I lost Trudy AGAIN

firaplays

I've lost my streak in Trudy's Surprise for the last three months, twice thanks to my own forgetfulness and once thanks to daylight savings, and now I'm about to lose it for the fourth time in a row because the one time today I can actually check it, the site isn't responding. I think I even got it stuck in a loop thanks to trying to refresh too many times. This is getting really disheartening :/ I guess I'll just have to leave the screen up while I sleep and pray the prize actually goes through some time before 3 am.

Oh, I'm glad it wasn't just me who was having issues with Trudy.  Mine worked, but it had reset itself to the beginning again, and I hadn't missed a day.  Luckily, I wasn't that far into the new cycle yet so it's not as bad as it could have been but I wasn't very impressed.

I guess it's just glitches. Last week, I had lost my streak while I was trying to build it up again but Neopets said that I had already played Trudy that day.  It did reset itself the next day but I was almost done with my streak... :blush: oh well...

7 hours ago, milkyymintt said:

I literally can't use it at all in my account. I'm so confused! I've cleared my cache, used different browsers, nothing...

Hmmm... what does it say? Does it not reset itself? Or does it not show up at all?

9 minutes ago, milkyymintt said:

It doesn't do anything. I click Play! and nothing at all happens.

Hmm...I read all the posts, and I noticed you mentioned you tried "different browsers". So, which browser is your preferred one? Are you using any extensions/plugins like "noscript" or "ghostry"? Although Trudy's Surprise is not Adobe Flash based, many browsers have started disabling Flash on websites that use Flash in the "background". Is Flash enabled for Neopets? If you let me know which browser you like to use, we can start from there.

15 hours ago, milkyymintt said:

Chrome is my preferred browser. I'm not running any extra scripts... I don't think I have Flash disabled either...

Ok. I thought you might be using Chrome. So, try this:

1. Click on "Menu" (three vertical dots, upper right corner of Chrome).

2. Select "Settings".

3. At the very bottom of the "Settings" page, click "Show advanced settings...".

4. Look for "Privacy", and click the "Content settings..." button.

5. Scroll down to "Flash". Default setting is "Ask first before allowing sites to run Flash (recommended)".

6. If yours is the same, then, click the "Manage exceptions..." button.

7. For "Hostname pattern", in the text field, type (without the quotes) "[*.]neopets.com" and for "Behavior", select "Allow". Click "Done". This is making an exception for Flash, to allow Flash content to always run on "neopets.com".

8. Click "Done" again.

9. Close the "Settings" tab.

Now, go to Neopets and see if Trudy's Surprise will work. Please post the outcome. TY.