Day 5 - Mop n' Bop

hrtbrk

I knew this game was going to be extremely easy for me, because I'm quite fond of this game, and this is one of the games I play daily for my 3000 NP, but still... that score was... I think this game was part of one the Games Master since I have been playing... and if I'm not mistaken... the score was higher...

3 minutes ago, delshnya said:

I knew this game was going to be extremely easy for me, because I'm quite fond of this game, and this is one of the games I play daily for my 3000 NP, but still... that score was... I think this game was part of one the Games Master since I have been playing... and if I'm not mistaken... the score was higher...

It was a game featured in either a GMC or DD withing the last couple years, but I don't think the score was higher, the last time I played this game was during that and I know I beat the higher score, and my highest score sent was 402, or something like that, so it might have been 400? I do think after playing this game today and getting a higher score than I ever had that it actually is quite fun! Might be going for a trophy on this one in the next couple of months.

47 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

It was a game featured in either a GMC or DD withing the last couple years, but I don't think the score was higher, the last time I played this game was during that and I know I beat the higher score, and my highest score sent was 402, or something like that, so it might have been 400? I do think after playing this game today and getting a higher score than I ever had that it actually is quite fun! Might be going for a trophy on this one in the next couple of months.

Perhaps I was not as good then as I am today, and that is why I thought it was higher, I thought it was around 900 points or so... my bad.

My previous high score was 40...that must have been for the avid gamer avatar. I just beat Chadley with 2875 on my fourth try! I agree that Chadley's scores seem pretty low this year...usually I would've had to settle for Abigail at least once so far. I won't complain too much, though--the scores are challenging enough that I have to try a few times, but not so hard that I get frustrated and give up. 

I started practicing yesterday since my highest score was 350 and today I just got my highest score ever on Mop n Bop with a 1977!  If my computer weren't so glitchy I'm sure I could go higher, but while the petpets were coming at me they'd lag and then disappear.  I discovered the trick is to keep my left hand near the shift button so I could upgrade the mop without having to accidentally take a useless swing.

14 minutes ago, geoterza said:

I discovered the trick is to keep my left hand near the shift button so I could upgrade the mop without having to accidentally take a useless swing.

I wish I'd thought of that! I could've gotten a higher score if I hadn't wasted a few good swings, but I completely forgot you could upgrade by pushing shift. 

I beat my old score of 300-something to 461, so I beat Chadley, whew! ^_^

Good luck, everyone!!

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

that was extremely easy

im starting to regret quitting on kou-jong ... cuz if all Chad's scores are this easy i missed out on a gold trophy :(

I haven't tried it yet to comment on whether this was easy or not, but I agree with the quitting on Kou-jong part.  Unfortunately, I was very time poor that day and once I'd played it a couple of times and could only beat Abigail, I had to just bite the bullet and send that score or I would have been missing out on a trophy altogether for skipping that day.  Better to be silver than nothing at all.

Yeah, I was surprised, too, with Chadley's score. I wasn't expecting 400, but, hey, no complaints, here! Mop N' Bop isn't too bad, once you get the hang of it. I like it when the challenges are easy. Now I relax for the rest of the day, knowing I completed Day 5. Good luck all!

from memory, i took dayyyyyysss to complete the dubloon disaster challenge last year (that game nearly broke me), but I did complete it and still beat AAA's score. At the end I still won the gold trophy as I had managed to beat all of AAA's scores even if not technically on the right day. Now it might not be the same this year, but it's possible it will be, and it can buy you a few more days for especially difficult challenges.

4 hours ago, ranga_muffin said:

from memory, i took dayyyyyysss to complete the dubloon disaster challenge last year (that game nearly broke me), but I did complete it and still beat AAA's score. At the end I still won the gold trophy as I had managed to beat all of AAA's scores even if not technically on the right day. Now it might not be the same this year, but it's possible it will be, and it can buy you a few more days for especially difficult challenges.

If Doubloon Disaster is a game this year then I can forget about Gold.... That game is truly a disaster for me :(