What do you think about Daily Dare & Games Master?

Delshnya

I want to know your opinions about Daily Dare and Games Master. What do you like? what do you dislike?

One thing I like about Daily Dare and Games Master is that I rediscover games. For example, I used to be awful at Kass Basher, but on one of these events I had to learn (reading guides), and it was easier than I thought, I just did not know how to play right, and now is one of the games I play daily for my 3000 NP. For some other games, I even go as far as try to get a trophy. I also like the change TNT made to Games Master, the first year I played you just had to get the score, but the last two years, there are 2 teams that have to compete, and get different prices according with their themes, even if I end up choosing the team that loses, as it has been my case so far.

One thing I do not like about Daily Dare and Games Master is that sometimes beating the high score is really easy, and some other games are harder. I do not like that, I like it to be challenging for me to beat the high score, that is why there is 2 difficulties, or it should be. For example, on the Daily Dare, could be 3 categories, one with Abigail that gets you the bronze trophy, I do not know who is supposed to be harder to be, if Chadley or AAA, but one of them (the easier to beat) would have the silver trophy and the other one (the hardest to beat) would have the gold trophy. That way everybody find it challenging for their skills, and more fair, because sometimes I see people with A LOT of trophies and I wonder how easy it is for them these games, they must get bored.

P.S.: I'm sorry if there is already a topic about this and/or this is the wrong place to post it.

Daily Dare has always been my favourite event, and even though I don't really play Neopets' games during any other time of the year, I'm really good at them (I'd go as far as to say it's the only thing I'm good at in Neopets, actually :P). Besides, every single day we are rewarded with 2 or more items for beating AAA/Abigail/Chadley.

I also love how silly but charming the concept of DD is. This overly arrogant Blumaroo thinks he's the best player in the world and so he challenges every user in Neopets to beat him? Gotta love him :P

What I don't like about DD is how since 2013 they haven't really done anything to mix things up. In 2009 they introduced Lulu and the NC component, then in 2010 we had the staff tournament, in 2011 they added bonus prizes, team challenges, and a staff tournament with different rules; and finally, in 2012, we had that whole bug thing which led to Roo Island's redesign. All three Daily Dares that came after that have basically been the exact same in terms of stucture, even if they introduced a new character in 2013 (besides I don't like Chadley unlike most people).

And probably the thing I dislike the most: just like with every other event, they keep reusing art since 2012. I used to always look forward to every event just to see what new artwork they'd come up with, and was always excited to see how cool the main page of DD would look like. But now the main page has this poorly-sized banner with old artwork and the same logo that was used 5 years ago, and AAA and Abigail are still using Neovian-themed clothing when that was supposed to be a one-time thing and now it just looks out of place. I get why they do this: they are short on staff and resources, and the artists have to focus on prizes rather than new banners and stuff. Still, it makes me a little sad.

As for GMC, it's just a nice little event that was made so that players have something to do when the staff takes a break due to Thanksgiving. I don't have much to say about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...