Check your SDB! You might find some valuable items

Hanso

If you're like me and you like to put every single item you get into your Safety Deposit Box,  then you probably have thousands of items saved in there. Naturally, at least a couple of those items are guaranteed to be worth a ton of neopoints. But no one's got the time to look through all those pages and check the price of every item, right? That's why last year JN released Price Checker Tools, which allow you to paste the source code for a page of your SDB, Closet, Gallery, etc. and get a list of prices. This will help you find unbuyables that you probably didn't even know you had.

Simply go here and follow the instructions. Then post what expensive items you found!

I found out I got some pricey books:

book_gmc_space_fashion.gifSpace Fashions: Worth about 2M in the Trading Post.

boo_kyrii_predict.gif When Kyrii Predict. Worth about 2M.

boo_magicalislandrecipes.gif Magical Island Recipes. Worth 1.5M.

boo_mappingamystery.gif Mapping a Mystery: Worth 600k.

boo_tarla_mysterioustravels.gifTarlas Mysterious Travels. Worth 450k.

I always store items that come from events in hopes that they'll be worth millions in the future. Seems like it's finally paying off. I sold a few stamps the other day for over 5m :P

3 minutes ago, Hanso said:

If you're like me and you like to put every single item you get into your Safety Deposit Box,  then you probably have thousands of items saved in there. Naturally, at least a couple of those items are guaranteed to be worth a ton of neopoints. But no one's got the time to look through all those pages, right? That's why last year JN released Price Checker Tools, which allow you to paste the source code for a page of your SDB, Closet, Gallery, etc. and get a list of prices. This will help you find unbuyables that you probably didn't even know you had.

Simply go here and follow the instructions. Then post what expensive items you found!

I found out I got some pricey books:

book_gmc_space_fashion.gifSpace Fashions: Worth about 2M in the Trading Post.

boo_kyrii_predict.gif When Kyrii Predict. Worth about 2M.

boo_magicalislandrecipes.gif Magical Island Recipes. Worth 1.5M.

boo_mappingamystery.gif Mapping a Mystery: Worth 600k.

boo_tarla_mysterioustravels.gifTarlas Mysterious Travels. Worth 450k.

I always store items that come from events in hopes that they'll be worth millions in the future. Seems like it's finally paying off. I sold a few stamps the other day for over 5m :P

Of course, I do not have any of these books ^_^

But thank you for the info!

Oh boy...I have 10s of thousands of items. I was a crazy collector, tried to get ahold of 1 of everything there for a while, I don't even know what I have in there now! Thiiiis could take me a little bit of time to do, yep. Thanks for the link, it's like a treasure hunt now!! XD

So I wonder where it pulls the numbers from? I've come across several album items in my SBD that the checklist says are worth WAY more than what they are actually selling for.

2 minutes ago, missmadiemay said:

So I wonder where it pulls the numbers from? I've come across several album items in my SBD that the checklist says are worth WAY more than what they are actually selling for.

The numbers come from JN's item database. Since there are so many items on Neopets they can't update their prices all the time and some are outdated, so you should always check the TP before selling. But they definitely give you an idea of what they may be worth or whether or not they are UB

13 minutes ago, Angeló said:

it only shows 50 items .. why is that ??

Are you using the Closet Price Checker? Remember you can only check one page at a time. The maximum number of items per page in your closet is 50.

1 minute ago, Hanso said:

The numbers come from JN's item database. Since there are so many items on Neopets they can't update their prices all the time and some are outdated, so you should always check the TP before selling. But they definitely give you an idea of what they may be worth or whether or not they are UB

Are you using the Closet Price Checker? Remember you can only check one page at a time. The maximum number of items per page in your closet is 50.

Lol I'm just an idiot and read it wrong, thanks though!

24 minutes ago, missmadiemay said:

Lol I'm just an idiot and read it wrong, thanks though!

Oh, I think I know what happened. You have numerous stamps of the same kind, right? So when you checked their price it told you how much they all cost together, but I'm guessing you thought each one of them was worth that. That happened to me too :P But yeah, if you have 50 Anshu Stamps it'll tell you they are worth 5k in total, but it's easy to read it wrong and think each one of them is 5k.

This is great...to a point.  I have 340 pages worth of stuff in my SDB (most of it junk).  Is there way to check without pasting in the code 340 times?

On 3/28/2017 at 9:20 AM, Breezescout said:

I priced my morphing potions and have 2 that are so rare they don't have a price.  Baby Scorchio Morphing Potion and Cloud Wocky Morphing Potion.  The problem with really high priced items is finding a buyer.  But I think I will check my closet-  I really need to thin it out!

You can either check the trading post prices (best bet) or another pricing site:  http://www.[Removed].us/forum/index.php   I looked on this other site and the baby scorchio morphing potion is listed at 800K and the cloud wocky one is 93K....I'm not sure how accurate those are.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

On 3/28/2017 at 9:35 AM, suzanoberle said:

This is great...to a point.  I have 340 pages worth of stuff in my SDB (most of it junk).  Is there way to check without pasting in the code 340 times?

No page by page, o_O

I'm going through my books section. I have way too many pages otherwise.

On 3/28/2017 at 9:39 AM, suzanoberle said:

I looked on this other site and the baby scorchio morphing potion is listed at 800K and the cloud wocky one is 93K....I'm not sure how accurate those are.

Charity corner really shakes prices up. Not that the economy was great, but it will stabilize in the next few months. I find many bad BD weapons are impossible to sell even if r99

Hey I have a book that may sell for 3m!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm going through my books section. I have way too many pages otherwise.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I'll definitely be going through by section when I eventually get around to it. 

faerie_acara_plushie.gif.cfa8485b8b16a3f9867df7b7565f8b76.gif Faerie Acara Plushie - special - r101 -

lutari_bead_15.gif.cc4fc8d04859b8fbf397c755c23c452e.gif Green Matu Bead - special -r101 - 

Lots of other stuff and still looking but, for these two, I just can't seem to find a price for them anywhere.

11 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Of course I learn about this tool after I spent an entire exhausting week SSW-ing every single item in my SDB to clean it out... x.x

... which takes even longer than necessary as the SSW cuts me off for "too many searches" about once per page lol... yup, this will be useful indeed :)

3 minutes ago, delshnya said:

This is a really useful tool, but I wish it could tell you about all SDB items, not just the page you look for...:(

Thinking about it, I don't suppose that's actually possible. There isn't anywhere where your entire SDB is displayed on one page, so

Actually let's just pause for a moment and imagine how long that would take to load. :laugh:

*swiftly pushes horrifying thought aside*

So yeah, I think page by page is the only way this can work? As it needs the page source code to work, and there isn't anywhere where more than 50 items at once are displayed, so I guess it's this way or nothing.

14 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Thinking about it, I don't suppose that's actually possible. There isn't anywhere where your entire SDB is displayed on one page, so

Actually let's just pause for a moment and imagine how long that would take to load. :laugh:

*swiftly pushes horrifying thought aside*

So yeah, I think page by page is the only way this can work? As it needs the page source code to work, and there isn't anywhere where more than 50 items at once are displayed, so I guess it's this way or nothing.

You are probably right, but I can still dream :sleeping:

Yep! It's a worthwhile dream to have. Some clever coder might find a way to check everything in one category for example.

That would be a big help if it was possible; both for checking all of some things, and being able to avoid a lot of other things, lol!