Yay for I got a jobbbbbb

firaplays

I got my dream job of teaching English in Japan with a prestigious program! This isn't technically my first full time job, but it's the first full time job I've had that'll actually pay anything worth mentioning. I think I'm a real adult now XD

That's awesome! :biggrin: Kudos to you!

It sounds like an amazing opportunity! Is it for the cultural experience, language or both? Are you teaching adults or children? Do you leave soon or do you have time to prepare? It must be nerve-racking yet exciting at the same time.

Happy travels! 

Thank you^^ It's for the language, cultural experience, and the sake of having a job that I'll actually like XD I'll be teaching children, but I won't know the age or where I'll be until May. I have until late-ish July to prepare, which is both a lot of time and not a lot of time XD

Congratulations! That sounds so exciting. I've been planning a trip to Japan for a long while but had a bit of a set-back recently due to health issues. It'll be a year before I can go now at least but, it's still on my to-do list. ^_^ I love Japanese culture, such a rich history, you're so lucky! I have friends who have/are working and living there, mostly all in the tech field but they love it. The pictures and videos they send me are amazing. Best of luck with the new job and the new life! :D

Awesome!!! I did a 2 year stint in Korea a few years back and travelled a bit in Japan while there. If you haven't already been -- Japan is awesome! One of my favourite countries I've visited. So clean, people are so polite... everything is so interesting... I'm sure you will absolutely love it. 

Huge congratulations! I have an online friend why did the exact same thing with the JET program, she went out there as a teaching assistant maybe 4 years ago?

She's now teaching English full time and is married to a Japanese guy. :D

Some interesting cultural adjustments heading your way, too! My friend Ferra says the Japanese don't believe in insulation in buildings, lol. During the winter everyone keeps their coats on all day in school because it's so cold indoors.

Will you be living in a shoebox apartment with just a hotplate to cook on?

Pretty much all been said, but I want to say congratulations to you! That is great news! :happydance:

I am going to type out my congratulations to you, firaplays, bc I am out of likes at this early hour in the morning ( :shiftyeyes_anim: ). It is so wonderful that you have your dream job and get to work with kids! :speak_cool: May you days be filled with new wonders and great happiness as you journey to this new adventure! Try to drop by and up-date us from time to time but we know you will be very busy ! :heart: Remember that we are all rooting for you to succeed and are here when you need to vent! :happydance:

14 hours ago, firaplays said:

I got my dream job of teaching English in Japan with a prestigious program! This isn't technically my first full time job, but it's the first full time job I've had that'll actually pay anything worth mentioning. I think I'm a real adult now XD

How wonderful for you! You must be so excited! Way to go! I am so happy for you! :dance:

Congrats! That is so exciting! I am currently in school for teaching! I want to do elementary! I have about two years left, and I can not wait to be done so I can finally get a job in teaching which I am so passionate about! Good luck!! I'm sure you'll be great!

Thanks everyone, I'm moved that so many people are excited for me^^ I'm teaching with the JET Program, but I have no idea where I'm going to be yet XD I've been there and done that with the shoe box and single hot plate though, so I know I can handle that! I'm almost more worried to live in a big house in the country because I know there will be bugs EVERYWHERE^^' I'll try to post an update when I know where I'm going to be.

• 2 weeks later...