Hi everyone!

Hello everyone!

I'm not a returning member to TDN per se, however I am a returning member to Neopets. I first joined the site yeaaaars ago in elementary school, became absolutely obsessed (I collected every single memorabilia pertaining to Neopets you can imagine), and sadly stopped playing later in middle school. However, now that I'm well into college I am back on! Honestly it brings back so many good childhood memories, it helps me de-stress from school/work, and it's still so fun.

Some stuff about me (if anyone's interested??): my favorite TV shows are Avatar: the Last Airbender, Game of Thrones, and The Office. I have a little Pomeranian (who I swear is part fox) and in my spare time I enjoy playing piano, reading, hiking, finding new coffee shops, EATING, and writing. I am working on a couple of scripts as I'm trying to build a portfolio - my dream job is to write for TV shows/movies.:biggrin:

Anywho, I'm rather excited to be on here because I honestly haven't met many people who play or even know about Neopets! 

Welcome Welcome! I'm a returning vet too, been back a couple months, lots of changes to Neopets but lots of stuff is just the same. It's really comforting to see old content still going strong and some of the new stuff is just all kindsa cool. I also collected a bunch of things rl, still have a ton of plushies stored away from way back when, never giving them up! lol Lots of helpful and nice people here on TDN, fantastic resource site with all the guides and advice that really helps get you back into the swing of things. Hope to see ya around, add me on the site if ya like, my user name there is the same as here ^_^ Have fun and good luck in Neopia!

Welcome to TDN Forums, coco_chanaynay:happydance: It is great to meet someone who actually knows the history of NP/TNT/ and maybe has an opinion about JumpStart (which took over Neopets, NP). Anyway, gotta run, high school computer lab's time is up and so is my "freedom" for now! Chow! :laughingsmiley:

On 3/29/2017 at 2:21 PM, xd0rkus58 said:

Hello!! Welcome back to Neopets! TDN, is great too!! Everyone is really nice here! 

Ps. I love Game of Thrones too! So of course I love your avatar! :happydance:

Oh yay!! I am anxiously, impatiently awaiting for the new season to come. July seems so far away!!

23 hours ago, fantazia01 said:

Welcome Welcome! I'm a returning vet too, been back a couple months, lots of changes to Neopets but lots of stuff is just the same. It's really comforting to see old content still going strong and some of the new stuff is just all kindsa cool. I also collected a bunch of things rl, still have a ton of plushies stored away from way back when, never giving them up! lol Lots of helpful and nice people here on TDN, fantastic resource site with all the guides and advice that really helps get you back into the swing of things. Hope to see ya around, add me on the site if ya like, my user name there is the same as here ^_^ Have fun and good luck in Neopia!

I will add you! :) Thanks! I've noticed a few changes to the site as well, but I'm glad most of it has stayed the same. I think I missed a plot about Faerieland falling?? It must've come out during the time I wasn't active on the site!

15 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Welcome to TDN Forums, coco_chanaynay:happydance: It is great to meet someone who actually knows the history of NP/TNT/ and maybe has an opinion about JumpStart (which took over Neopets, NP). Anyway, gotta run, high school computer lab's time is up and so is my "freedom" for now! Chow! :laughingsmiley:

Thank you!! I remember a lot of old stuff from way back when - like when Lutari Island was still accessible and before Neopets got their current "makeovers." I also remember a time when you couldn't customize your pets! :biggrin: After JumpStart has taken over, there's definitely been way more ads which is a little irritating....

21 hours ago, charelan said:

Welcome back! I know what you mean about not actually knowing anyone IRL who know about neopets lol... we seem to be a rare breed haha

Thanks! And yes, seriously I have not met anyone other than my best friend (who originally got me into Neopets) who plays on here!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hi Coco! I'm in a similar situation as you in which I played Neopets in my younger years, took a long hiatus, and am now back as an adult. Also, you have great taste in shows! I love all three of the shows that you've mentioned. Hope to see you around TDN!

17 minutes ago, XTherion said:

Hi Coco! I'm in a similar situation as you in which I played Neopets in my younger years, took a long hiatus, and am now back as an adult. Also, you have great taste in shows! I love all three of the shows that you've mentioned. Hope to see you around TDN!

Oh thank you! I'm currently watching Parks n Rec, I'm on season three. I can't decide if it's as good as The Office?? It definitely is pretty similar but has its own special character to it. 

1 hour ago, coco_chanaynay said:

Oh yay!! I am anxiously, impatiently awaiting for the new season to come. July seems so far away!!

ME TOO!! I was so disappointed when I heard it was in July, because I had assumed it'd be out in April just like the most recent years. Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth the wait! :biggrin:

3 hours ago, coco_chanaynay said:

Thanks! And yes, seriously I have not met anyone other than my best friend (who originally got me into Neopets) who plays on here!

Hi Coco, and welcome. I'm one of the rare members who never played this when I was a kid. I started in my 20s as a fun diversion after some younger friends recommended it. There is still a lot I haven't done after 7.5 years, so I'm not an expert on anything. I do think the best thing here is the quality of people. :angel:

i played neopets since its first year and have to stop playing it because i entered boarding school, busy with stuff. and i forgot the password to my first account. but that's okay because it was so embarrassing. i mean the way i named my neopets and my own first username oh my goodness.

I have been playing since 2001 I've taken many hiatuses and have had many accounts [some either frozen for silly things or silenced] but I always come back as it's something to do when you have the free time. If you have any super complex questions feel free to let me know as I can answer pretty much anything! Welcome back!

-Matt

There must be something in the water, a lot of returning players, including myself. lol I've been a member of Neopets since 2001, just had my 16 year birthday on there, it's awesome to see others returning as well. I'm a writer as well, though it's been put on the shelf due to health issues interfering with my cognitive functions. Welcome to the forums and welcome back to neopets, enjoy! :D

On 3/29/2017 at 11:50 AM, coco_chanaynay said:

Oh thank you! I'm currently watching Parks n Rec, I'm on season three. I can't decide if it's as good as The Office?? It definitely is pretty similar but has its own special character to it. 

LOVEEEEE PARKS N REC. The Office and Parks n Rec are two entirely different beasts, the humor for each is different haha, but I think you'll like it as well!

I play piano too coco! I also have a small dog as well, she's a Chipin named Annabeth. She's my little baby :) I've sent you a request for my guild as I noticed you aren't currently in one :) We're all about helping people achieve their dreams on Neopets, go ahead and check us out! We're called The Kindness Project :)