PLEASE HELP! Darkest Faerie game website music???

Hi everyone!! PLEASE HELP!

**I posted this in the Arts forum on accident, not sure how to remove it, but I figured that wasn't the right forum for this!**

I'm sure most of you have played or at least heard of the Neopets Darkest Faerie game for PS2, it came out in 2005. I got it the year it came out and my little fourth grade self played that game literally every day until I finished it. And then I finished it about 16 more times... I've recently started playing it again, and I DEFINITELY remember there being an official website for the game around the time it came out, and there was some really good music on there. It had stuff like Tor and Roberta's bios. The music was different from the actual game soundtrack!! HOWEVER the website is gone!! I really want to find that music, I've been searching all over YouTube. Anyone who can help??? Or does anyone remember the website/music? I'm not crazy am I??? :biggrin:

HELP! o_O

Hi, I remember playing the game, but I don't think I ever visited the website. All I can find is a page on Neopets, http://www.neopets.com/thedarkestfaerie/index.phtml. Not sure if you have seen it. When I clicked the link to go to the official Darkest Faerie site, it takes me back to the main page for Neopets. There is a trailer that can be seen on the above mentioned page and music is playing, but I don't know if it's music that is in the game and might not be what you are talking about anyway. If that's not the music, I'm not sure how to find it. Good luck to you and no, you are not crazy :smile:

Have you tried searching for the site on the Internet Archive? Snapshots of many old websites can be found there.

I did some searching, and I found this snapshot of an old Darkest Faerie site. Is this the site you're looking for? (This snapshot is from 2005, there are a few more, you can check them here. The black vertical lines on the timeline indicate there was a snapshot taken, and you can click on a circled date on the calendar below. I tried some of the more recent snapshots, but they just re-direct to the Playstation website. The link from 2011 also works, and the website looks pretty much the same as it did in 2005.)

17 hours ago, life_eclectic said:

Hi, I remember playing the game, but I don't think I ever visited the website. All I can find is a page on Neopets, http://www.neopets.com/thedarkestfaerie/index.phtml. Not sure if you have seen it. When I clicked the link to go to the official Darkest Faerie site, it takes me back to the main page for Neopets. There is a trailer that can be seen on the above mentioned page and music is playing, but I don't know if it's music that is in the game and might not be what you are talking about anyway. If that's not the music, I'm not sure how to find it. Good luck to you and no, you are not crazy :smile:

THank you for your help!! Someone actually found it!! I am so glad. Thanks  again! :) 

17 hours ago, Nielo said:

Have you tried searching for the site on the Internet Archive? Snapshots of many old websites can be found there.

I did some searching, and I found this snapshot of an old Darkest Faerie site. Is this the site you're looking for? (This snapshot is from 2005, there are a few more, you can check them here. The black vertical lines on the timeline indicate there was a snapshot taken, and you can click on a circled date on the calendar below. I tried some of the more recent snapshots, but they just re-direct to the Playstation website. The link from 2011 also works, and the website looks pretty much the same as it did in 2005.)

YES this is it!!! Thanks so much!!! I didn't even know Internet Archive was a thing:D This is definitely what I was looking for. Thanks so much!! 

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry I'm replying to this one as well, the other one doesn't seem to have the last reply?

Like I said that, first of all, I'm sorry for replying to an old but I had to!

So I freaked out to find someone else who remembers the music from the characters bio from the website! I've been listening to it since 2005 and God, I loved it. Then I learned the site was no longer available and I could never find it again, just like you. I also freaked out seeing the link to the website but the music doesn't play here with me :''( Can you confirm this? I really need that song again ?

1 hour ago, Saory Emanoelle said:

I'm sorry I'm replying to this one as well, the other one doesn't seem to have the last reply?

Like I said that, first of all, I'm sorry for replying to an old but I had to!

So I freaked out to find someone else who remembers the music from the characters bio from the website! I've been listening to it since 2005 and God, I loved it. Then I learned the site was no longer available and I could never find it again, just like you. I also freaked out seeing the link to the website but the music doesn't play here with me :''( Can you confirm this? I really need that song again ?

Which one of the sites above are you checking? I'm not hearing any music on the Neopets link, but the Internet Archive link is working for me (music-wise). Have you tried enabling Flash? I'm using Firefox and the site showed the logo to indicate Flash wasn't activated. I had to refresh the site after activating it though, but the music is playing for me right now.

4 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Which one of the sites above are you checking? I'm not hearing any music on the Neopets link, but the Internet Archive link is working for me (music-wise). Have you tried enabling Flash? I'm using Firefox and the site showed the logo to indicate Flash wasn't activated. I had to refresh the site after activating it though, but the music is playing for me right now.

Thank you for the quick reply ^^

I'm checking this one: http://web.archive.org/web/20051231050251/http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97367/Site/content.html

The only music that plays is the intro one, but when I click on any of the other menus (Like "Characters", which is the one I need) all music is gone :<

50 minutes ago, Saory Emanoelle said:

Thank you for the quick reply ^^

I'm checking this one: http://web.archive.org/web/20051231050251/http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97367/Site/content.html

The only music that plays is the intro one, but when I click on any of the other menus (Like "Characters", which is the one I need) all music is gone :<

Hmm, I see what you mean. Maybe the Internet Archive didn't save the music for this page (it takes snapshots of pages, but some things might no longer work), or maybe it broke some other way (Flash issues?), it's hard to say.

I did a search on YouTube though, and found this playlist. Does it have the song(s) you're looking for?

2 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Hmm, I see what you mean. Maybe the Internet Archive didn't save the music for this page (it takes snapshots of pages, but some things might no longer work), or maybe it broke some other way (Flash issues?), it's hard to say.

I did a search on YouTube though, and found this playlist. Does it have the song(s) you're looking for?

Yeah, I think so ? Sadly the playlist doesn't have the song because it's not in-game. The only place where I found it was on the website ?

I sent a message to the person who made the music for the game in the hopes he still has it. It was one of the best songs, I was really sad to discover it's not in the game :< Unless it's in a hidden file or something...

Still, thanks for you reply ^^ 

29 minutes ago, Saory Emanoelle said:

Yeah, I think so ? Sadly the playlist doesn't have the song because it's not in-game. The only place where I found it was on the website ?

I sent a message to the person who made the music for the game in the hopes he still has it. It was one of the best songs, I was really sad to discover it's not in the game :< Unless it's in a hidden file or something...

Still, thanks for you reply ^^ 

Ah, right, sorry, I never actually played the game (or was aware of its existence before I joined TDN), so I hadn't realised that.

I hope the composer can help you out. I assume you've messaged Jack Wall? I found a reference to another composer, David Kates, who apparently also wrote some songs for the game, so maybe you could try him as well?

15 hours ago, Nielo said:

Ah, right, sorry, I never actually played the game (or was aware of its existence before I joined TDN), so I hadn't realised that.

I hope the composer can help you out. I assume you've messaged Jack Wall? I found a reference to another composer, David Kates, who apparently also wrote some songs for the game, so maybe you could try him as well?

I messaged Keith Leary only but I'll try to contact Mr. Jack and Mr. Kates as well! Thank you :D I'll let you know if they reply ^^ 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

GUYS

bfidle, thank you for the link but that's not the song we were looking for.

THE SONG WE WERE LOOKING FOR WAS JUST POSTED 15 HOURS AGO AND, GUYS, I'M CRYING SO HARD

IT'S THIS ONE. THE AWESOME TRACK THAT PLAYED IN THE CHARACTERS' MENU!! IT'S AN UNUSED TRACK AND USER monster860 FOUND MANY OTHERS THAT WERE UNUSED TOO

THEY'RE ACTUALLY DEBBUGING THE GAME AND FOUND SOME AWESOME NEW STUFF BUT GUYS
I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS MUSIC SINCE I WAS A KID
I CAN'T BELIEVE WE FINALLY HAVE IT 

I HOPE THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS THREAD CAN READ THIS AND READ IT SKJDGJKSDGJHSD