Day 10 - Lost City Lanes

hrtbrk

Hmmm *strokes chin*

See now, this is a game that I like, and have a high score of 1306 in, BUT, that was gained before my brain threw out a few more gears and I don't manage so well at it now, so today will be interesting!

I scored 712 on my second attempt. Got a lucky break on Round 4 with catching a power ball early on and managing to take out the tall crate.

Very much appreciate the +2 strength prize gained. :D

This game is so laggy for me I can't even get the ball down to the end of the lane :(

EDIT (30 minutes later):  

So I somehow managed to finish the first level by hitting the space bar, waiting 1 second and hitting it again without even seeing the meter move and get enough score to get to the second level.  On the second level I lucked out and switched the speed-up and slow-down lanes (lucky!) so I only had to make it to the power lane to get speeded up enough to hit the pins.  After that level there were enough speed lanes that I was able to get a few strikes in a row and make the score!  It never did get less laggy, I would still just hit space bar pause a second and hit it again.  I ended up with a score of 712 with a previous score of 18.

I'm thankful for another easy one today, especially with a game as tedious as this one. I'm not a big fan of games that take more than 3-4 minutes per play. I had to go through level four to get Chadley's score, unlike level three like it says in the DD coverage page, but it wasn't hard, just took a few minutes. 

This is a game that I play every day. I beat Chadley with my score of 1,379.

So far, I have beat Chadley in all games, except for Kiko Racing. I had to pick Abigail for that...there is no way I could ever get a decent score on that game ^_^

Have a great day, everyone!

I do not like this game... and with me previous score being 113 or something... I thought I had to try a few times, but I got it on my first try. I probably got the first score trying for the 250 games avatar...

I'm looking for a thread covering this entire Daily Dare Event of 2017. Since I don't see one, I'll ask about trophies here. I've never been that active in DD events before so I'm not sure if I still qualify for the Silver Trophy. There is some confusing and ambiguous language used:

• Silver - Beat AAA's score at least once and complete all the challenges before the end of the Daily Dare.

So far I've played almost all of the games, usually on the same day, and usually challenging Abigail because I have less game experience or to get her prize instead. I have beaten Chadley twice so far (Whirlpool and Usul Suspects.) But I haven't done Breakaway yet. When it says "before the end of Daily Dare" does it mean before that day, or before the event as a whole is done? If I play Breakway (and/or maybe other games  as well) before the whole event is up, can I still get a Silver Trophy? Or did I need to do each challenge on the first day to get a Gold or Silver trophy?

And this is from Jellyneo:

If you complete each challenge on the day it was released, you will win a bonus prize in addition to the regular Chadley or Abigail prize. This is in lieu of your trophy at the end of the event being dependent on completing challenges on the release day.

I know that "in lieu of" usually means instead of, or in place of. Did they mean something else here, perhaps "in addition to" or "regardless of whether you earn a trophy" ?

1 hour ago, lakecat said:

I'm looking for a thread covering this entire Daily Dare Event of 2017. Since I don't see one, I'll ask about trophies here. I've never been that active in DD events before so I'm not sure if I still qualify for the Silver Trophy. There is some confusing and ambiguous language used:

• Silver - Beat AAA's score at least once and complete all the challenges before the end of the Daily Dare.

So far I've played almost all of the games, usually on the same day, and usually challenging Abigail because I have less game experience or to get her prize instead. I have beaten Chadley twice so far (Whirlpool and Usul Suspects.) But I haven't done Breakaway yet. When it says "before the end of Daily Dare" does it mean before that day, or before the event as a whole is done? If I play Breakway (and/or maybe other games  as well) before the whole event is up, can I still get a Silver Trophy? Or did I need to do each challenge on the first day to get a Gold or Silver trophy?

And this is from Jellyneo:

I know that "in lieu of" usually means instead of, or in place of. Did they mean something else here, perhaps "in addition to" or "regardless of whether you earn a trophy" ?

You are still "in the running" for a silver trophy. "Before the end of Daily Dare" means before the whole event is over (before April 9, 2017 at 11:59:59 NST). As long as you play Breakaway, and any other games, before April 9, and continue to beat Abigail's and/or Chadley's scores, you will still get a silver trophy. Beating either Chadley's or Abigail's score, on the day of the Dare, just means that you will get a prize for beating their score, plus, another "bonus" prize for playing on that day. Since you didn't play Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway on Day 3, you will not be able to get the "Bruno Wig" bonus prize. I'm not certain about Chadley's or Agigail's prize, though. I think you can still get either, but not sure. As for Jellyneo using "in lieu of", I think they are trying to say that the "bonus daily prize" is dependent upon completing the challenge on release day, but the trophy you will receive at the end of Daily Dare, is not dependent upon completing the challenges on release day. If that makes sense.

EDIT: To stay on topic, I always liked bowling games, and Lost City Lanes is no exception. I did practice this game a few days ago, and actually did better than today. However, Chadley's score wasn't too difficult to beat. Those crazy obstacles, though, can make this game challenging. Still fun.

I beat Chadley again today! Woohoo! 10 for 10 and still hoping for gold! A couple of the games have been nail biters, Kou-Jong gave me fits but managed to beat Chadley in the end but just barely. Today was a fun one though! I like the little dance the Lizark does when you get a spare, too adorable! lol Like everyone I LOVE the leggings! I put them on Gallopolis and they look good with her Jhudora wanna-be get up. I've been trying to find something to cover her tail for a while and these do the trick great :D