I'm Obsessed...

ThroughMyEyes

So recently I've become obsessed with trying to find gourmet food in the official Neopets shops. So far I've bought an Earth Faerie Cupcake and a Whole Cauliflower and Lentil Pizza. Sadly I still haven't been able to buy anything from the chocolate factory :/ I only saw something rare once there and someone bought it before I did. I need that avi!! Haha. I'm mainly stocking up on gourmet foods for potential Kad feeding but I'm not sure if the foods I have are... too cheap for them to eat? It seems like they only eat things in the 500,000+ range.

But I still get excited when I see a gourmet food in a shop :biggrin:

You WILL get the avie, be patient and check back at the chocolate factory constantly.  Plus, use the guide here and on jellyneo that tells you WHICH items are rare enough for the avatar.  Just because an item is expensive, doesn't mean it's rare.  Now, as far as kadding, trust me when I say, you don't need expensive item, rare, gourmet foods to feed the kads.  Those are usually the ones that are left because everyone has already fed the cheap foods.  They like items such as, any hot dogs, any chia pops, milk shakes, pizza slices, sandwiches, soups, ice creams, ice lollies, kabobs, kougra puddings Tekels Questionable Stew, orange chicken, fried chickenbrest, Archaesaurus Tail, Gummy Grensa, Grackle Bug on a Stick, Scorched Suti Fruit, Scorched Chomato, Scorched Gobi Fruit, Scorched Pleto, Scorched Rhuby, Scorched Cheopple, Scorched Veggies, (same items not scorched) Tyrannian Goulash, Savoury Grundo Veggieballs, Vanilla Ice Cream Apple Lantern, Chocolate Ice Cream Apple Lantern, Cheopple, Plateau Berries, Tyrannian Cookies.  That should give you a good start.  

1 hour ago, rntracy1 said:

You WILL get the avie, be patient and check back at the chocolate factory constantly.  Plus, use the guide here and on jellyneo that tells you WHICH items are rare enough for the avatar.  Just because an item is expensive, doesn't mean it's rare.  Now, as far as kadding, trust me when I say, you don't need expensive item, rare, gourmet foods to feed the kads.  Those are usually the ones that are left because everyone has already fed the cheap foods.  They like items such as, any hot dogs, any chia pops, milk shakes, pizza slices, sandwiches, soups, ice creams, ice lollies, kabobs, kougra puddings Tekels Questionable Stew, orange chicken, fried chickenbrest, Archaesaurus Tail, Gummy Grensa, Grackle Bug on a Stick, Scorched Suti Fruit, Scorched Chomato, Scorched Gobi Fruit, Scorched Pleto, Scorched Rhuby, Scorched Cheopple, Scorched Veggies, (same items not scorched) Tyrannian Goulash, Savoury Grundo Veggieballs, Vanilla Ice Cream Apple Lantern, Chocolate Ice Cream Apple Lantern, Cheopple, Plateau Berries, Tyrannian Cookies.  That should give you a good start.  

Wow, I didn't know that at all. Every time I check they always ask for expensive foods. I'll probably have to check more often then. Thanks for the list!

4 minutes ago, ThroughMyEyes said:

Wow, I didn't know that at all. Every time I check they always ask for expensive foods. I'll probably have to check more often then. Thanks for the list!

I haven't fed Kads in a while, but there used to be a board that kept up with the times. I would check there to see when they are about to refresh.

The Chocolate avie is annoying . I tried a few times even using the list and nada. zip. someone's always faster. Still one day... I'll get that avie lol

Kadding is tough too. Time consuming. You have to check the Kadding boards for the times and be refreshing when the time approaches. People actually work out the not so random times that the Kadoties will be hungry. Then you have to have a food close at hand, like in your inventory, have your SDB open and ready to search, the Shop Wizard and the Food Shop (and hope it's stocked!!) and I have JN Item DB open too. And still.... you have to be fast!! I have yet to feed a Kad. :(  All that's usually left is the over priced, rare foods like Purple Liquid and Manoroot Sandwich.... I have a dream, that one day, I shall feed a greedy Kadotie!   

I once thought I'd never be able to feed one Kad, let alone 75, but I was able to do it. I also had the situation where every time I went there the only foods wanted were really expensive. One day I just happened to have an item that was listed and I clicked on the Kad and was able to feed it. After that I decided to commit and I never again had to feed a more expensive item.

So, the Kads don't always want expensive foods. There are main feeding times where they want cheaper items, it's just that those Kads are fed quickly because people are able to buy the foods more easily and then all that's left is more expensive items. However, there are ways to make it easier to get those cheaper foods and have time to feed the Kad.

I recommend reading a guide. I don't know of any that are better than others, just search for Kad feeding guide and find what works best. Most mention the Kad feeding board on Neopets. I never used that because it seemed like the timing for the main feeding would be off for me and I think it's listed where people should be checking a few minutes before the time, but I just found it easier to figure out based on the last time I fed a Kad. The second feeding was the most time consuming because in order to find the main Kad feeding I had to check every couple of minutes for like 30 minutes. I finally got the time and then I knew from the guides about how long to wait after that. I'd check back close to the time and keep refreshing. Sure enough, I get the page showing lots of Kads wanting to be fed cheap food.

Some people say keeping a bunch of one type of food (such as only different types of pizza) helps. Then, if you see the name of the type of food, you would most likely have it already in your inventory and just click and feed the Kad. That didn't work for me either because there are so many different foods they could want and I would miss out on a potential feeding because I only had certain items. I suppose it is helpful for people who don't mind waiting for certain items to come around. I only fed a few Kads food from my inventory, with most I was able to buy the item and still have time to feed the Kad.

Even with busier times it's definitely possible, though depending on where you live, there are certain times of the day (such as early morning) when things are less busy and you have a better chance of feeding. I had one time where I accidentally closed the page. I opened it again and one of the cheap foods was still there. I bought it in a shop and thought for sure when I came back the Kad would be fed, but I was able to feed it! It must have been at least 5 minutes.

Finally, I found it helped to focus on one area and only feed the Kad in that area. That didn't always work because sometimes the Kad would be fed before I could feed it, but more often than not, I was able to feed that particular Kad. I think that's all the tips or info I have. Keep at it, once you find what works best for you, you'll feed those Kads! 

On another note, I also want that Chocolate avatar, I'll get it eventually!