Day 18: Barf Boat

hrtbrk

I was convinced today was going to take me out of the trophy run completely. My high score was 58 - which was a miracle jump from like, 12. I somehow managed to make it over 100 today. Nowhere even close to Chadley but, I don't care. I was already getting a silver trophy and honestly, I think Abi's prizes are better (I prefer plushies to books).

This is quite a big change in scoring - both in the difference between Chadley's and Abigail's score and compared to Chadley's scores for the other games. I figured this might happen the last few days of the Daily Dare (I'm fearing AAA might return for AAA's Revenge). My highscore is 520, there's no way I'm going to be able to beat Chadley today. (I wasn't even shooting for gold, not really, but after beating Chadley every day so far, I was actually starting to believe it might be possible.)

I'm up to 912... getting there, and not giving up yet! At least I can consistently score in the 600s. All it will take is a particularly lucky game for me to beat Chadley. I can do this. 

So I tried again this afternoon after coming home from work and I easily got Chadley's score on my first try.

My tip for people having trouble is to try and keep one pet on. If 3 or more join the deck and you want to separate them, just let the motion of the ocean take its course to separate the group so you can dump the extras. Jumping will also help separate them but you may actually risk rocket launching your entire crew off by accident :blush02:. Same scenario with bombs. If there's too many petpets on deck and bomb(s) are there as well, it's better to keep the deck stable and jump instead of risking tipping the boat and losing everything.

Another change I did was play it on the largest setting and I found that it was way more successful.

You can do it, guys! Don't give up no matter how frustrating it is!

YEEEESS!! 1207!! Oh Em Gee that was miserable! I hate you Chadley, I hate you so much, with your green hair and smug grin! Ooooo  I'm gonna get that gold trophy and beat you within an inch of your life with it!! Bad Chadley! Bad bad Zafara!!!

I have a Chadley score ready to send if there is anyone out there who needs a teammate!

Nevermind found one on NBs

Edited by missmadiemay

What is this game?? o_O:stun:

I don't even want to team up, I'm horrible at this. I'll beat Abi's score today. I knew there would be apporx 2-3 games that I cannot beat Chadley. Oh well! ^_^

18 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

The score is ridiculous. Most people were expecting the 600-700 range... boy were we off. 

I hate games that are solely luck based like this.

It's not really luck based, I mean it helps when you get a coin that's worth 300 points, but sometimes even that doesn't help, it's really about keeping the boat centered, not luck. I was able to get the score by only focusing on 1 pet-pet, nothing else mattered, if a new one came out and it wasn't close to the middle then that would be the one I'd let fall over board, I always picked the pet that was closest to the middle and focused on protecting that one. It works out really well, it does get crazy when the boat starts to rock and move, but it's still beatable and not really luck based! I hope everyone get's their scores in! I will admit I beat this challenge, but it's not an easy one! That book might be worth quite a lot down the road!

I hate this game... ugh!!! So much so that I can't remember ever playing it yet I have a historical high score of 496.  I think I blocked out the traumatic experience :sad01_anim: Don't know if I can beat Chadley's score this time. I'm not even making the 496... and most of the time I can't even get past Abby's score. This doesn't look good.............. 

I have beat Chadley on all of them, but this one I cannot get more than 414 points... :'( 

I have been playing for over 5 hours.

I just died on 1039 -_-   :angry:   :angry:

why why why

this game is breaking my soul

EDIT

OH MY GOD I DID IT!!!

Anyone need a partner?

My only tip aside from what has already been mentioned, would be to listen to something calming at the same time. Good luck everyone, and let us pray that AAA's revenge will be an easier score!!!

2 hours ago, DesertRose said:

Oh, I hate this game! It's bad enough to have to get even Abigail's score. It's compounded when you get queasy just playing the darn game!

HA! See, I too get motion sickness, and I was using that as one justification for not even ATTEMPTING this vile game (the other being i detest it), so you saying this make me feel vindicated, thanks for that! :D

i got Chad's score without even using the jumping key (space bar) once

i tend to respectfully disagree with some of the players above .. i always try to keep at least 2 petpets onboard .. the score will double much quicker ...

(For having one crew member on deck, you will score 3 points per second, with another 2 points per second for each additional Petpet.) also i only got one coin during the game in which i beat Chad ... 

9 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

I mean, the spawns are random. If you get unlucky spawns such as two bombs or too many petpets, it's not going to matter if your boat is balanced because it's going to tip due to weight. Luck certainly plays a factor in this game in my opinion.

Ah I see what you're saying..... I guess I never had that problem so I didn't know there was a luck factor :)

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

i got Chad's score without even using the jumping key (space bar) once

i tend to respectfully disagree with some of the players above .. i always try to keep at least 2 petpets onboard .. the score will double much quicker ...

(For having one crew member on deck, you will score 3 points per second, with another 2 points per second for each additional Petpet.) also i only got one coin during the game in which i beat Chad ... 

I agree, sometimes the boat will make jump your pet, and lose it, but if you have 2, there is a chance at least 1 will stay on the boat. I try to have as much petpets as possible, that way I have more chances (apart from more points), unless I have 4 petpets, 2 on one side of the boat, and 2 on the other, in that case it is best to lose 2, or you could lose all 4, at least in my experience.

Ugh, I thought this one would knock me down from Silver to Participant! Like a fool, I selected Chadley before I tried it (because I liked the look of the Tea). Took forever to get above 450! o_O This seems like all luck!!

5 hours ago, WeyrCat said:

Ugh, I thought this one would knock me down from Silver to Participant! Like a fool, I selected Chadley before I tried it (because I liked the look of the Tea). Took forever to get above 450! o_O This seems like all luck!!

Do visuals help you at all? I watched this video and while you cannot see the controls, I started getting above 500 consistently after watching it.

Has anyone had problems sending their score but not having the score record for the challenge? I've sent a team challenge request and beat the score and it didnt send, I withdrew the challenge and beat the score and it didint sent, I resent another challenge and sent my score and it didint register... and then I tried again today. I've beaten Chadley's score every day except with this glitch!! And I was able to beat his score! I want my gold trophy!!