• Announcements

    • Ian

      TDN Items is now a complete items database!   07/18/17

      Hello community! We are very excited to announce the second version of our Items Database! We've redesigned the entire database from the ground up and added (mostly) every Neopets item in existence to our database. If something is missing, don't worry just yet, as we're still ironing out the final details. Find information about any Neopets item instantly at our items database, complete with search suggestions as you type! Try it out today. Visit TDN Items Database today! Enjoy,
      TDN Management
hriven

Almost lost it

18 posts in this topic

Yesterday I grab my tablet and I tried to do an entry for the beauty contest, but it was awful! (Almos 2 years of not using my tablet, since I started to paint with watercolors). I was so sad, but today I've watched some tutorials in my feed of youtube, and I got inspired again. 

So anyone also got cold hands after a long time after drawing? Because I needed the practice to return to the style and level that I was before I stopped drawing

shangai.png               avatar.png

Yuiina and Aquamentis12 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, charelan said:

Is that Shoyru your 'awful' attempt?? Cuz it's pretty amazing actually!!

Yaaaas! I the avatar you can see my usually level, I didn't manage to make the shadows, even the lineart was bad, and I had to add a texture to make it look less bad

If you compare it with the picture in my avatar and this one, beside the picture of my shoyru, there is a world of difference, and if you check on the last one big that I made with digital pating

http://fav.me/d4m1tju

 

tumblr_ohzr04E2SR1vta8sno1_500.jpg   tumblr_oj6ewpp8XY1vta8sno1_500.jpg

Aquamentis12 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Psh! That Shoyru looks good to me! Although I understand completely how you feel! I am an artist myself and LOVE to draw, but I'm always so critical on my OWN work. An artist always is, it's like our curse!

 

These are some of my stuff that LOTS of people love, but I always think could of been better or are awful... Yet they're some of my more popular ones on deviantart! LOL

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: drawingImage may contain: drawingImage may contain: drawingfinished_product_by_amy_pink-d9l4niz.png

dragon_sketch___request___by_amy_pink-d4gz900.pngselena___request___by_amy_pink-d3bdfg3.jpg

 

hriven and Aquamentis12 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Psh! That Shoyru looks good to me! Although I understand completely how you feel! I am an artist myself and LOVE to draw, but I'm always so critical on my OWN work. An artist always is, it's like our curse!

 

These are some of my stuff that LOTS of people love, but I always think could of been better or are awful... Yet they're some of my more popular ones on deviantart! LOL

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: drawingImage may contain: drawingImage may contain: drawingfinished_product_by_amy_pink-d9l4niz.png

dragon_sketch___request___by_amy_pink-d4gz900.pngselena___request___by_amy_pink-d3bdfg3.jpg

 

 

 

3

Yes, It's crazy how one can be so self-demanding and critical. LOL That's so true, the ones that one is "I should take it off" are the more popular ones. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only crazy one with their own works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They say that the best artists, are their own harshest critics. ;) Your works are really nice, even your tablet Shoyru looks really good! I'm trying to learn/get used to a small tablet i have, but I haven't worked on that much lately. lol ^^;

Keep up the good practicing! You'll knock that rust off of your tablet-drawing ability hopefully in short order. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 9:15 PM, Aquamentis12 said:

They say that the best artists, are their own harshest critics. ;) Your works are really nice, even your tablet Shoyru looks really good! I'm trying to learn/get used to a small tablet i have, but I haven't worked on that much lately. lol ^^;

Keep up the good practicing! You'll knock that rust off of your tablet-drawing ability hopefully in short order. ^_^

 

Thank You, dear! When I first started with mine, I used a lot of tutorial from youtube, they are really useful.

I hope so!

Aquamentis12 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hriven said:

Thank You, dear! When I first started with mine, I used a lot of tutorial from youtube, they are really useful.

I hope so!

You're welcome! For me, I have trouble adjusting to having a drawing surface that's smaller than a standard sheet of paper. I try to sketch often in a sketchbook, but I still need a lot of practice with the tablet, or without the tablet, for that matter. LOL As evident by some examples of my attempts on my "Art and Animations" topic in the Art forum here. I've still got a LOT to learn. ;) Anyway, shaking the rust off when you haven't drawn or used a particular medium in awhile can definitely be frustrating. I'm sure you'll get back to where you want to be with your tablet. :)

Good luck getting that rust off of your tablet skills. ;) I'd definitely like to see more of your work, so I hope you'll update here when you can. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

You're welcome! For me, I have trouble adjusting to having a drawing surface that's smaller than a standard sheet of paper. I try to sketch often in a sketchbook, but I still need a lot of practice with the tablet, or without the tablet, for that matter. LOL As evident by some examples of my attempts on my "Art and Animations" topic in the Art forum here. I've still got a LOT to learn. ;) Anyway, shaking the rust off when you haven't drawn or used a particular medium in awhile can definitely be frustrating. I'm sure you'll get back to where you want to be with your tablet. :)

Good luck getting that rust off of your tablet skills. ;) I'd definitely like to see more of your work, so I hope you'll update here when you can. :)

 

Yes! All is about the practice! You will get the hand about it really quick! I will search your topics to see your works! I hope so!

I was trying to set a freebie art topic for practice in the art section of the neopets forum, but I've got silenced, even that I wan't asking anything. Anyway, thanls you!

Aquamentis12 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, feel free to comment on my attempts at art and animation with your thoughts and any feedback you might have. The main reason I haven't updated it in so long is because of the no double-posting rule we have here. LOL Instead of double-posting, the rules require an edit of a person's last post if there is no reply post from someone else after it. Not double-posting also means less work for the forum moderators. So they don't have to combine multiple posts and explain why they were being combined.

Awwww man! Sorry to hear you got silenced on the Neoboards. I don't use the neoboards a lot for regular chatting, so I'm not sure why a free art sharing thread would get you silenced. But it would be nice if TNT would explain in such cases as to why something was not allowed. It MIGHT be that you are not supposed to link to offsite links. Such as a photo/pic storage and display site like photobucket.
Oh well, here at TDN's art gallery forum, it's ok to have you own thread and update it. Just avoid the double-posting and follow the rest of the other regular forum rules and you should be good to go! :)
(If I'm forgetting any rules specific to the Art Forum here, could a mod correct me.) lol
You're welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here at TDN! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your Shoyru is really cute but I know what you mean! I feel like inspiration has to hit me in order to draw something I like and there can be long breaks between inspiration for me. I've just drawn with pencil my whole life but I recently got a wacom tablet and I'm excited to try it out.

Aquamentis12 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/4/2017 at 1:36 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

Cool, feel free to comment on my attempts at art and animation with your thoughts and any feedback you might have. The main reason I haven't updated it in so long is because of the no double-posting rule we have here. LOL Instead of double-posting, the rules require an edit of a person's last post if there is no reply post from someone else after it. Not double-posting also means less work for the forum moderators. So they don't have to combine multiple posts and explain why they were being combined.

Awwww man! Sorry to hear you got silenced on the Neoboards. I don't use the neoboards a lot for regular chatting, so I'm not sure why a free art sharing thread would get you silenced. But it would be nice if TNT would explain in such cases as to why something was not allowed. It MIGHT be that you are not supposed to link to offsite links. Such as a photo/pic storage and display site like photobucket.
Oh well, here at TDN's art gallery forum, it's ok to have you own thread and update it. Just avoid the double-posting and follow the rest of the other regular forum rules and you should be good to go! :)
(If I'm forgetting any rules specific to the Art Forum here, could a mod correct me.) lol
You're welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here at TDN! :D

 

Well I suppose It must be a lost of work moderate the double posting and the spam and such. It was a shame, no it was because in my Lookup I had my tumbrl account. Sure! thank you <3

 

On 16/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, hayliebear said:

I think your Shoyru is really cute but I know what you mean! I feel like inspiration has to hit me in order to draw something I like and there can be long breaks between inspiration for me. I've just drawn with pencil my whole life but I recently got a wacom tablet and I'm excited to try it out.

 

Thanks, Yes I know, I wasn't inspired to draw Shanghai at the moment.

Congratulations with your tablet! You will make some amazing works with It <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hai! 
I stumbled with this topic just today because I normally don't check the bottom of the forum :D

I love your Shoyru, it's very cute and with a soft color palette! I liked even more your watercolor paintings. I am a huge fan of watercolor works :heart:
I love to paint things but , unfortunately, I have no talent for it. It calms me down to paint with pencils and I'd love to learn how to use watercolor (have the materials already) but I'm afraid to not do it well and just waste the material xD

hriven likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Hai! 
I stumbled with this topic just today because I normally don't check the bottom of the forum :D

I love your Shoyru, it's very cute and with a soft color palette! I liked even more your watercolor paintings. I am a huge fan of watercolor works :heart:
I love to paint things but , unfortunately, I have no talent for it. It calms me down to paint with pencils and I'd love to learn how to use watercolor (have the materials already) but I'm afraid to not do it well and just waste the material xD

3
 
 
 

Hello :heart:

Thank you. Oh! don't be afraid, at the beginning I was afraid to with the watercolors, but it's really easy. It's important that you put the light colors first and the darker colors last, so It's easier detect an error a correct it before it's too noticeable! With that and watching tutorials on youtube, Instagram, and Tumblr! you will be ok! I will leave the link to some videos that I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoW3Jh58Fo&t=122s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIP8MMUs7HY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIeoWhDQb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFCpV3lbQfs

OMG I have too many that I like and that I want to share :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hriven said:

Hello :heart:

Thank you. Oh! don't be afraid, at the beginning I was afraid to with the watercolors, but it's really easy. It's important that you put the light colors first and the darker colors last, so It's easier detect an error a correct it before it's too noticeable! With that and watching tutorials on youtube, Instagram, and Tumblr! you will be ok! I will leave the link to some videos that I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoW3Jh58Fo&t=122s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIP8MMUs7HY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIeoWhDQb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFCpV3lbQfs

OMG I have too many that I like and that I want to share :blush:

Thank you for the links :heart:
 

I've watched some videos before with watercolor but I never had the guts to start. 
My self steem doesn't help either.

When I returned to neopets I got motivated to draw and paint my pets and petpets with watercolor (since I like the effect so much) but I kind of gave up. First my drawing skills are 0... I had the unis and me lines copied (of course I'd give the proper credit to their artists) and the rest I tried to make my own but I eventually stopped. The idea is great and it is something I'd like to acomplish but there are many buts xD

2bza5j.jpg

hriven likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/4/2017 at 7:29 AM, Yuiina said:

Thank you for the links :heart:
 

I've watched some videos before with watercolor but I never had the guts to start. 
My self steem doesn't help either.

When I returned to neopets I got motivated to draw and paint my pets and petpets with watercolor (since I like the effect so much) but I kind of gave up. First my drawing skills are 0... I had the unis and me lines copied (of course I'd give the proper credit to their artists) and the rest I tried to make my own but I eventually stopped. The idea is great and it is something I'd like to acomplish but there are many buts xD

2bza5j.jpg

 

You are welcome <3

 

Oh don't worry about that, my first work was awful, but with practice, you will become better!. It's a good work! You should keep practicing! At the beginning try to copy other people style, but after a while, You will develop Your own style in a little short amount of time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your artwork is amazing, I really enjoy your style.  Keep practicing and keep up the great work :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ssarah said:

Your artwork is amazing, I really enjoy your style.  Keep practicing and keep up the great work :) 

Thank you! I hope that too, that with practice I will become better :heart:

ssarah likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now