Is it just me or are most wearables for girly pets?

Rometus

I always have this problem!  Especially the hair.  There's quite a lot for masculine pets as well, don't get me wrong, but often even a NP clothing set will be half unisex and half femmy.  When it comes to NC items too, there are sooo many dresses and long, girly wigs.  I find it kind of hard to dress male pets!  Does this mean most pets are girls?

Any kind of customisation site is heavily skewed towards the feminine side of things, sadly, but they're simply mimicking RL. Girls have so much more stuff  than guys, it's harder for artists to consistently cater to more masculine tastes, with any kind of imagination at least...to quote someone from a conversation I had about this years ago, "how many different pairs of trousers can you design?".

I guess that is the core problem, maybe? Someone might be an artist, but that doesn't mean they're a fashion designer, or are even particularly creative, coming up with loads of good new ideas for customisation items takes a special kind of talent, and it's going to be so much easier to dream up pretty things because there's so much more inspiration out there. Everywhere you look there's female stuff, because industry targets women, but it doesn't provide anywhere near as many options for the guys.

You'd think it would be easier on Neo, wouldn't you, because the pets are basically gender neutral in appearance; but seeing as it's humans drawing their items, apparently not!

TNT must have people who's specific job is to dream up customisation items for the artists to create, so we are entirely reliant on their ability to think outside of the box. But they'll also probably have constraints to work within because as @Yuiina says, it's likely that a significant percentage of Neo's players are female, so, if we're talking about NC items here big poofy dresses etc. will be expected to bring in more revenue, and probably take precedence over the creation of stuff guys will like...because we're girls so we all just want to dress up as princesses, right? :rolleyes:

I also think it's because we used to get a male set of clothes and female set of clothes on pet days, but now we are cut down just to one set. Of course that one is usually more on the feminine side. But maybe it's also because a lot of their male characters don't typically have hair in general. They use the character's head as is or add a hat of some sort.

While more variety would be nice, I don't think it's stopping you from an awesome customisation for your male/masculine pets :D

Two of my pets are boys; one has hair, and the other wears a hat.

small_preview.png   small_preview.png

Of course what I REALLY wanted was for my kacheek to be able to wear a hat AND hair, but that's a whole different GRRR about customisation, isn't it >_<

Dressing your pets would be SO much more fun if they created just a few more layers, not LOADS, not asking the earth here, just 3 more would make a big difference:

Wig, contacts and facial hair. So you could use all those things together, and without them removing something else.

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, lexi090 said:

I find the same issue. I guess  most of pets are too girly is that the game is  originally design for girls?But I am not quite sure about it.

Neo was created by a guy. But customisation didn't come along until years later.

But what can I say . . . girls buy more clothes!