Yuiina

Do you have any questions about avatars?
Are you seeking for any tips on how to get a specific avatar?
Are you feeling unmotivated after so many tries to get one and want to tell us about?
This is the thread for you!

Get your questions answered here! :happydance:

I didn't find any thread alike this and I think it is a useful one so I decided to create it.

8 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

Drackonoack - Hungry!

I have had a drackonack and two cheese in my inventory for over a week. Every day I will leave my laptop on the counter while I'm cooking and refresh it in between chopping or mixing. Nothing. I thin that my drackonack is on a diet :( 

Supposedly having your inventory hold Cheese, Drackonack, Vegan Cheese (in that order) helps. You can also get an extra Drackonack, which would in theory double your chances. I held the refresh key on my keyboard for about 30 seconds (not waiting for it to load in between, it still counts) and then let the page load and checked if the cheese was gone, and repeated that process until the cheese had been eaten. Altogether it was several hours of constant refreshing. 

33 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

Drackonoack - Hungry!

I have had a drackonack and two cheese in my inventory for over a week. Every day I will leave my laptop on the counter while I'm cooking and refresh it in between chopping or mixing. Nothing. I thin that my drackonack is on a diet :( 

That avatar took me many many hours to achieve! 
Don't give up! You're not the only one that had to go through this :P Only lucky people got it with few refreshes.
I had several cheese items in my inventory and 2 Drackonacks to increase the chance. 
Refreshing avatars will always be a pain in the head :unsure:

About the Draconack:
I only had the 2 Draco's and cheese items on the inventory. All the other items I had in SDB because I think they can eat other stuff as well.

My personal avatars from hell:
Brightvale  I've been running that wheel daily for YEARS now and still nothing
* Geraptiku - Desert Tomb Same reason above, doing it daily for YEARS
* Neomail Addict - I keep sending neomails but the avatar doesn't like me
* Dice-A-Roo - Never got pass green dice :crying_anim:
* Snowager - Rawr! - AHSDGAKSJDHKASJHDASJKHMDASLJKDHASLIDHYASNLÇD <.<
* Forgotten Shore - Same as Brightvale
* Rubbish - I discarded so many items already..

Those are the ones I've been trying and are giving me way too much trouble :arrowhead:

I'm currently going for Edna - Cackle! and I've some questions about it.
I'm aware that TNT stated that quests where she asks for more than one item are crucial to get the avatar but I don't understand how can you previously know when she'll ask for more than one.
Do the names that she asks have any relation with the number of items? 

Ooh, I like this thread! :D

I have a drackonack tenant in my inventory too! I'm def gonna start charging him rent if he stays there too long. :P

Yuiina you've got me a bit hooked on Dice-a-Roo again after you mentioning it last week, I play it until my pet pleads for mercy because I LOVE it when I get the foods from it. :lmaosmiley:

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

About the Draconack:
I only had the 2 Draco's and cheese items on the inventory. All the other items I had in SDB because I think they can eat other stuff as well.

My personal avatars from hell:
Brightvale  I've been running that wheel daily for YEARS now and still nothing
* Geraptiku - Desert Tomb Same reason above, doing it daily for YEARS
* Neomail Addict - I keep sending neomails but the avatar doesn't like me
* Dice-A-Roo - Never got pass green dice :crying_anim:
* Snowager - Rawr! - AHSDGAKSJDHKASJHDASJKHMDASLJKDHASLIDHYASNLÇD <.<
* Forgotten Shore - Same as Brightvale
* Rubbish - I discarded so many items already..

Those are the ones I've been trying and are giving me way too much trouble :arrowhead:

I'm currently going for Edna - Cackle! and I've some questions about it.
I'm aware that TNT stated that quests where she asks for more than one item are crucial to get the avatar but I don't understand how can you previously know when she'll ask for more than one.
Do the names that she asks have any relation with the number of items? 

As for Edna - Cackle!, there is no way to tell if she is going to give a 1, 2, or 3 item quest. As far as I know, the names of the spell are random, and nothing to do with what type of quest she will give. Per Neopian Times Editorial, Issue 603, 12th Day of Swimming, Y15, question #4:

"Okay TNT, it's been almost 10 years. 10! And yet, still no one knows how exactly to get the "Edna - Cackle!" avatar. Rumor has it that TNT has said it is not random (I can't seem to find proof of this), so let's hear it. Is the avatar really random? If not, can you please, please, please (See, I'm not above begging!) give us a hint?!? ~lavylovesyoulots"

"*CACKLE* Well, since it's been "almost 10 years," we suppose we can give you a hint. If you're trying to be thrifty about it, we suggest not bothering to fulfill her requests unless she asks you for a few items."

You can complete 10 Edna quests, a day. If you get a 1 item quest, you can chose not to do it, but you may have to wait until the quest time is up, until you can request another one. Personally, I kept doing all 10 quests a day (1 item or not), until I got the avatar. Took about 2 - 3 weeks. Remember, you can still use the SW or SSW for finding her items. You may hear a rumor that getting a spell with the word "rainbow" in it, will net the avatar, but that has been dis-proven. Another theory is that the Edna - Cackle! avatar is easier (Edna is nicer) to get in October. For the last one, I don't know, but I believe more people try to get the avatar in October, due to Halloween, so it may be coincidental. Personally, I got the avatar with a 3 item quest. But, I believe the avatar is randomly rewarded upon completing a 2 or 3 item quest. However, it seems most have gotten it with a 3 item quest. SunnyNeo has a section devoted to finding the answer, here: http://www.sunnyneo.com/edna/ , and most seemed to have got it with a 3 item quest. Their theory is 3 is a reference to a "few". Anyhow, good luck!

So I have only been playing Faerie Bubbles for like a decade, the avatar seems impossibly high but I dont hate the game so its been a long term not likely to happen goal. I just got my all time highest of 1,950. So ya thats cool and all but seriously :angry: (with steam coming out my ears).  I think if you complete all the levels you deserve the avatar!!

2 hours ago, mtsparky said:

So I have only been playing Faerie Bubbles for like a decade, the avatar seems impossibly high but I dont hate the game so its been a long term not likely to happen goal. I just got my all time highest of 1,950. So ya thats cool and all but seriously :angry: (with steam coming out my ears).  I think if you complete all the levels you deserve the avatar!!

OMG, that's the worst, isn't it?

Looking at it from some annoyingly impartial perspective...whoever it was, back in the day, who set the game scores required to get the avatars really  knew what they were doing. Because what you've described there ^ that getting within a hair's breadth of the score needed for the avatar (often over and over and over again...*tears hair out*) is definitely how it should be (regardless of how horribly frustrating it is for us xD). There must have been a LOT of repeated playing by the whole of TNT of all the avatar games to get the right kind of score average to be able to get it so right.

Freaky Factory is the one that tormented me HIDEOUSLY by dangling the avatar in front of me but never letting me quite score enough, I think I got to within 5 of the required score for it. :grrr: Never succeeded though, and I can't play it at all now so that boat's sailed for me!

You'll defeat Faerie Bubbles sooner or later, it's within your grasp now, and just think how sweet it's gonna feel when you do it!! :D

11 hours ago, mtsparky said:

Do you reach 1,950 in the end after losing and sending the score? Or by just losing? Because by completing level 19 you receive 250 even if you lost on level 20.

Here is the guide I used when I was trying http://www.neopets.com/~faerieful 
Good luck :D Keep trying!

5 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Do you reach 1,950 in the end after losing and sending the score? 

So my 1950 was with the 250 bonus; I did complete level 20. 

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Looking at it from some annoyingly impartial perspective...whoever it was, back in the day, who set the game scores required to get the avatars really  knew what they were doing. Because what you've described there ^ that getting within a hair's breadth of the score needed for the avatar (often over and over and over again...*tears hair out*) is definitely how it should be (regardless of how horribly frustrating it is for us xD). There must have been a LOT of repeated playing by the whole of TNT of all the avatar games to get the right kind of score average to be able to get it so right.

Yes there is a term in gaming, which of course I dont remember so if anyone does please remind me, that describes the zone where goals are challenging enough to capture hours of time but not so unattainable that most players give up in utter frustration and cease playing. 

:mellow:

Someone seems to be REALLY determined that I'm not getting the drackonack avatar . . .

OPfgTv3.png

:grrr:

Good job I don't have any chocolate, I'd be reaching for it right now if I had, I've not even finished the game of dice-a-roo, do I dare? :laugh:

How did I miss this topic? What a neat idea :D

I personally struggle the most with game avatars... The ones I'm closest to achieving are Petpet Rescue (which is usually considered an easy one, but ugh, I'm terrible at that game and I hate it) and TNT Smasher. I wonder if there are any game avatars that I still need that are easier to achieve than I think... I have a petpage with all the avatars I need (http://www.neopets.com/~brodian), so if anyone wants to have a look and suggest a game for me to practice (other than Petpet Rescue and TNT Smasher, since I've had enough of those games for now), I'd appreciate it!

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

How did I miss this topic? What a neat idea :D

I personally struggle the most with game avatars... The ones I'm closest to achieving are Petpet Rescue (which is usually considered an easy one, but ugh, I'm terrible at that game and I hate it) and TNT Smasher. I wonder if there are any game avatars that I still need that are easier to achieve than I think... I have a petpage with all the avatars I need (http://www.neopets.com/~brodian), so if anyone wants to have a look and suggest a game for me to practice (other than Petpet Rescue and TNT Smasher, since I've had enough of those games for now), I'd appreciate it!

Two I'd definitely recommend to get now, rather than later, are "Dr. Grumps" (Gourmet Club Bowls) and "Hannah and the Pirate Caves". With Chrome (2015) and Firefox (Mar 2017) no longer supporting the Shockwave plugin, I have a feeling Safari will eventually follow suit, and the Shockwave games will become unplayable, unless Neopets converts them to HTML5. I have posted ways to play on a Windows PC, here, https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48312-neopets-help/, and Safari should work for Macs. I did update one of my Windows 10 PCs with the "Windows Creators Update" and am having issues playing some of the Shockwave games with Internet Explorer 11, on it, so FYI.

Gourmet Club Bowls: If you use the "shepherd" cheat code, it gives a X2 point bonus at the end of every round. Makes it easier to get an "avatar" score. With a little practice, it shouldn't take long to get it. If you make it to Round 4 (beat Dr. Grumps in Round 3), you should have enough points for the avatar. This game can suffer from the "black box" issue, but most of it disappears when going through the instructions, leaving only the score board covered, and shouldn't be a problem.

Hannah and the Pirate Caves: No cheat codes, here. But TDN and JellyNeo both have great guides showing where the hidden gems are, for every level that has one. When going for the avatar, always start with Tutorial Level 1 and work your way up, and get those hidden gems! By Level 7, you should have enough points for the avatar, if I remember correctly. This game suffers from the "black box" issue, too, and Level 6 was a hard challenge to pass, for me, but with plenty of practice, I did pass it. Level 8 was impossible, for me, to pass, because of it.

Personally, I always liked/wanted to get the Hannah avatar. I though it was neat, and I do enjoy playing those two games.

Another avatar I recommend is "Plushie Tycoon". @mtsparky helped me with this one, and I am forever grateful for her guidance and for recommending I try it. I did start at the beginning of the month and played the whole month long, but once I understood what I was doing, I ended up getting the avatar, along with a gold trophy. I had fun playing this one, too. The "Games" Neoboard has a Plushie Tycoon topic that has very helpful links to petpages that explain how to start and what to do. Playing for a month is a long time, but once you get the hang of it, it isn't a hard game to play.

Finally, I do recommend Nimmo's Pond. This game is like old school Asteroids. Best advice - never, ever, ever, move from the middle of the pond, EVER (Think of Rapunzel, in "Tangled"). Use the right and left keys to move left and right to aim at the lily pads, while shooting. If you use the up or down arrow keys, Nimmo will start drifting. Once that happens, he will not stop. If that happens, I'd start over. Multiple-shot power up is the best to get, if you can. Getting an avatar score can take time and a little luck. Avatar score should be by Level 27.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the in depth answer, as usual, Scoobert! I had no idea about the Shockwave thing, so I'm definitely focusing on those two first. I read your other post and installed Safari, and got the game to work, but not perfectly, I'm afraid:

gball.png

This black rectangle is in my way and it can't be moved at all. It stays there even after the game starts and maximising the screen doesn't change anything either. Do you have any idea what this could be or what I could try doing to get rid of it?

Edit: I wondered if it was somehow related to ads, so I installed adblock, but again, nothing changed...

32 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Thank you so much for the in depth answer, as usual, Scoobert! I had no idea about the Shockwave thing, so I'm definitely focusing on those two first. I read your other post and installed Safari, and got the game to work, but not perfectly, I'm afraid:

gball.png

This black rectangle is in my way and it can't be moved at all. It stays there even after the game starts and maximising the screen doesn't change anything either. Do you have any idea what this could be or what I could try doing to get rid of it?

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. I believe the issue is on Neopets end. In the past, when clicking on "Start The Game" and going through the instructions, parts of the black box would disappear, and when the game started, only a long rectangle would be covering the top part of the game, and you couldn't see the score board. The whole field would be visible, though. I was hoping it was still doing that. You could try using a version of Shockwave before the one you have installed, and see if that helps. Maybe try clearing Safari's cache, too. Same with Hannah and the Pirate Caves, but I was able to get the avatar with it there. It was challenging (Level 6 especially), but do-able.

1 minute ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. I believe the issue is on Neopets end. In the past, when clicking on "Start The Game" and going through the instructions, parts of the black box would disappear, and when the game started, only a long rectangle would be covering the top part of the game, and you couldn't see the score board. The whole field would be visible, though. I was hoping it was still doing that. You could try using a version of Shockwave before the one you have installed, and see if that helps. Same with Hannah and the Pirate Caves, but I was able to get the avatar with it there. It was challenging (Level 6 especially), but do-able.

Oh no :crying_anim:

Oh well, I'll try that, but if it doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to deal with... Thanks for all your help anyway!

23 hours ago, deboratibi said:

so if anyone wants to have a look and suggest a game for me to practice 

As Scoobert_Doo said get those finicky shockwave ones while you still can. 

I'll advice you with PT if you want to try the 7 days of the month; you only need to play the last week for a bronze trophy and avatar. message me

19 hours ago, mtsparky said:

As Scoobert_Doo said get those finicky shockwave ones while you still can. 

I'll advice you with PT if you want to try the 7 days of the month; you only need to play the last week for a bronze trophy and avatar. message me

Wow, thank you! I've sent you a message ^_^

As for the shockwave games, I figured out that with Gourmet Club Bowls, I can click the black box and it will shrink, allowing me to see a larger portion of the screen. Once I release the mouse, it goes back to its original size, but at least I can try and memorise where the ball is and make my moves. It not easy at all and I can't see what my score is, but I guess it's not impossible. I think I scored 120 yesterday (I only found out after sending it), let's see if I can get any closer to the avatar score with more practice...

HATPC seems to be slightly easier. I'm not particularly good at these types of games, but I scored around 50k on my second attempt. I think one third of the avatar score isn't too bad considering there's the black box as an obstacle, on top of me not having enough practice yet. This one feels more promising :smile:

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

As for the shockwave games, I figured out that with Gourmet Club Bowls,...I think I scored 120 yesterday (I only found out after sending it), let's see if I can get any closer to the avatar score with more practice...

Type shepherd at the play/view instructions page for points x2. 120 is therefore 240.

I had a really hard time with level 5 of the pirate caves, but if you do the tutorial levels and get all the gems HatPC is doable.

On 16/04/2017 at 10:29 PM, mtsparky said:

Type shepherd at the play/view instructions page for points x2. 120 is therefore 240.

Scoobert had mentioned that code so I was already using it... so my true score was 60, haha.

Today I managed to score 580 (using shepherd again)! I'm getting closer :happydance:This game is actually pretty fun by the way, it vaguely reminds me of billiards. Not that I know anything about billiards, lol.

Lever of doom, drackonack, neomail, and mutant graveyard of doom are giving me grief right now...mainly because my internet sucks at refreshing at a reasonable rate.  I also have a hard time with the game avatars... I've been playing ice cream machine every day for months and still need to score around 3500 more points to get the avatar.   I'll definitely start trying the games Scoobert_Doo recommended and see if I can get any though!!

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I has question!!

lawyerbot.gif Is this one working, does anyone know?

I had 50 different usuki items in my inventory and all I got was :hmmph:

:crying_anim:

I think it is working. I got it around 2 months ago ^_^

6 hours ago, ssarah said:

Lever of doom, drackonack, neomail, and mutant graveyard of doom are giving me grief right now...mainly because my internet sucks at refreshing at a reasonable rate.  I also have a hard time with the game avatars... I've been playing ice cream machine every day for months and still need to score around 3500 more points to get the avatar.   I'll definitely start trying the games Scoobert_Doo recommended and see if I can get any though!!

Mutant Graveyard of Doom took me A LOT (really looooots) of refreshing.

Don't go berserker on it xD Just refresh 1 minute each 5 or 10 minutes for your sanity sake and eventually you'll get it.

For me while it took really lots of refreshes something good came out of it. I got a random event with a plushie paintbrush so it is not all so bad! Many refreshes also mean that your chance of getting a random event is bigger.