Yuiina

8 hours ago, Shadowsca said:

Hey, is there still any way to play games like Dice Escape? Would love to try for the avatar but the best I can do is play it on Firefox, but once I press send score it just restarts. Is the game just too old now or is there still some way to play it? 

Take a look at this TDN topic, here: https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48456-shockwave-games/#comment-826639. I posted 3 possible ways on how you can get the Shockwave games to work. If you have any questions, please ask and good luck! Oh, TDN has a great game guide for Dice Escape, here: http://thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/dice-escape. Definitely helped me get the avatar and a game trophy!

2 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Take a look at this TDN topic, here: https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48456-shockwave-games/#comment-826639. I posted 3 possible ways on how you can get the Shockwave games to work. If you have any questions, please ask and good luck! Oh, TDN has a great game guide for Dice Escape, here: http://thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/dice-escape. Definitely helped me get the avatar and a game trophy!

Thank you! I'll be sure to check this out in the morning and let you know if it's worked! By the way I love your picture, Derpy was always one of the best :P

I didn't want to start a new topic just for this, and since technically I'm playing NeoQuest for the avatar, I'm gonna say this counts as avatar help:

I'm currently in the Temple of Roo Level 1, and I'd like to move on to Level 2, but I'm stuck. This is the map from IDNQ:

NeoQuest 2: Temple of Roo, Level 1 Map

I searched for other maps, and I found one a larger one:

nqmap.png

The red dot is where I am right now. As you can see, the light grey and dark brown area is where I can walk. The dark grey/black, the light brown and the yellow are walls. I have no idea how to get to Level 2 and none of the guides I've seen mention anything about access, which is making me feel like I'm missing something painfully obvious :sad02:

4 hours ago, deboratibi said:

nqmap.png

The red dot is where I am right now. As you can see, the light grey and dark brown area is where I can walk. The dark grey/black, the light brown and the yellow are walls. I have no idea how to get to Level 2 and none of the guides I've seen mention anything about access, which is making me feel like I'm missing something painfully obvious :sad02:

Ooh ooh, I can halp! *waves hand frantically*

I spent quite a while staring at the map trying to work out how I could get through when I got to here, lol.

Here's the way I went...

Dw2KfQ9.png

I'll give a bit of hopefully helpful advice garnered from my very recent NQ experience. I used Strangefire420's guide as I found it the most informative, but I disagree with what she says about the crystal golem -

As you head toward the exit into the next level of dungeon, be sure to get a Piece of Living Crystal off of one of the Crystal Golems. Shouldn't be too hard, but you're only going to find this type of monster in this area. There will be a few at the start of the next level too, but in less abundance.

I found it super tedious going backwards and forwards in the few squares by the exit into level 2 hoping to fight a crystal golem and running into endless glass ones instead. It got so I started fearing that crystal ones didn't actually exist, lol. Then when one FINALLY showed up it didn't have the piece of living crystal so I had to keep on marching up and down that little area. :axehead:

THEN, when I went through to the next level I was tripping over the crystal ones everywhere...<_< and as you don't need that piece of crystal until you've covered ALL of the second level, I'd like to hope that I can confidently say that you don't NEED to bore yourself senseless pacing up and down in that miserable dirt tunnel!

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Hey just responding to say thank you! The IE tab idea works as far as I can see, it's very laggy but it sent the score! Thank you so much for the help, #254 here I come! 

@jellysundae OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH JELLY!!! :happydance::heart:

When I first got there I did try to walk into a few walls because I assumed there might be a secret passageway or something, but since the guide I was using (hystvxk's) didn't mention anything about this, I started to think I just wasn't seeing something very obvious. Once you mentioned that Piece of Living Crystal item, I remembered I got it recently so I don't have to worry about it and I can go through that passageway right away :D I didn't think to try the walls after getting that item... I guess I should start using a different guide from now on!

Again, thank yooouuu!

4 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

@jellysundae OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH JELLY!!! :happydance::heart:

When I first got there I did try to walk into a few walls because I assumed there might be a secret passageway or something, but since the guide I was using (hystvxk's) didn't mention anything about this, I started to think I just wasn't seeing something very obvious. Once you mentioned that Piece of Living Crystal item, I remembered I got it recently so I don't have to worry about it and I can go through that passageway right away :D I didn't think to try the walls after getting that item... I guess I should start using a different guide from now on!

Again, thank yooouuu!

Happy to help! You got the crystal before you got to this bit? How did you manage that?! :bigeyed:

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Happy to help! You got the crystal before you got to this bit? How did you manage that?! :bigeyed:

I don't know! I guess because I was in hunting mode so I was fighting more monsters, or maybe I just got really lucky?

32 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I don't know! I guess because I was in hunting mode so I was fighting more monsters, or maybe I just got really lucky?

I'm going for luck. Magic Deb, makes her own luck! :D

Does anyone have a recommendation on a step-by-step guide for NeoQuest II? The majority of old guides' images have expired and they're pretty hard to follow without them.

12 hours ago, stebenjos said:

Does anyone have a recommendation on a step-by-step guide for NeoQuest II? The majority of old guides' images have expired and they're pretty hard to follow without them.

I'm using the Jellyneo guide, it's working out for me so far. :D

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm using the Jellyneo guide, it's working out for me so far. :D

Thanks :biggrin: I actually saw this one but I wasn't sure if it covers exactly what you need to do and how to do it like that one (that I can't recall the name of atm) popular guide for NQ1 way back when. If you aren't having any problems with it so far I might as well stop procrastinating and get to it!

26 minutes ago, stebenjos said:

Thanks :biggrin: I actually saw this one but I wasn't sure if it covers exactly what you need to do and how to do it like that one (that I can't recall the name of atm) popular guide for NQ1 way back when. If you aren't having any problems with it so far I might as well stop procrastinating and get to it!

I guess I'll find out before long if it doesn't cover everything, lol.

• 8 months later...

@Yuiina

I discarded 70 at a time using Quick Stock. Lots of different items and rarities. I don't remember exactly, but I think it took me somewhere around ~3-4k items. I don't know if it actually helped, but I followed the advice on this page (http://www.neopets.com/~miaou5) and discarded between 12-1pm NST. Good luck!

I discarded stuff sporadically, always using quick stock, every now and again I'd get rid of a bunch of kelp and so on.

Then I got totally trolled because I went through my SDB and took out ALL my junk items, ended up with over 700 items in my SDB, and got the avatar on the very first discard so had to put all the rest away again. :laugh:

12 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I discarded stuff sporadically, always using quick stock, every now and again I'd get rid of a bunch of kelp and so on.

Then I got totally trolled because I went through my SDB and took out ALL my junk items, ended up with over 700 items in my SDB, and got the avatar on the very first discard so had to put all the rest away again. :laugh:

oh my gosh. I read this and thought WOW.. what are the odds. So i decided to discard 1 item and I got it ! I cant believe that just happened LOL!!!!!

Something Has Happened!
rubbish.gif You are now eligible to use 'Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

6 minutes ago, Kute said:

oh my gosh. I read this and thought WOW.. what are the odds. So i decided to discard 1 item and I got it ! I cant believe that just happened LOL!!!!!

Something Has Happened!
rubbish.gif You are now eligible to use 'Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

NICE! That's a lovely bit of irony, got to say. :laugh:

@kayahtik Thank you so much for the link and the tips :heart: 

@jellysundae I've been discarding items every time I get Inventory full, 50 items. But I haven't been lucky :( So I think I should try a more aggressive and ninja way :ph34r:

@Kute I don't know if I should be happy for you, jealous, or want to

monster-in-law-jane-slams-jlos-head.gif? 

Kidding 
:laughingsmiley::competitive:

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

@kayahtik Thank you so much for the link and the tips :heart: 

@jellysundae I've been discarding items every time I get Inventory full, 50 items. But I haven't been lucky :( So I think I should try a more aggressive and ninja way :ph34r:

@Kute I don't know if I should be happy for you, jealous, or want to

monster-in-law-jane-slams-jlos-head.gif? 

Kidding 
:laughingsmiley::competitive:

bwahahaha mmmmm cake :)      Good luck though. Hopefully soon! 

The Baby Pteri avvie (cracked.gif) is breaking my petpage because it has the word "crack" in it. (I put the page together over ten years ago; somebody on the Neoboards said they had really cracked (heh) down on their HTML and suggested a link-shortener.) "Yay," thought I. But bit.ly's gibberish is also illegal. Weirdly, the page still runs, but I can't update it because of TNT's own potty mouth.

TNT unresponsive.

Any ideas, please? Here's my (kinda puerile looking now) page: http://www.neopets.com/~SamuraiRiff     Avvvies are at bottom. (For the curious, I finally used a potion and now Riff is a Pirate Wocky and doesn't get zapped anymore.)

Hello everyone!

I am having trouble with the Quiguki April Fools avatar. TDN says to get this avatar "Visit the New Features page on April 1st/2nd after the yearly joke is taken down". I tried this two years in a row and have not received this avatar. It is not in my collection already. Is this avatar glitched, should I submit a ticket or am I doing something wrong here? Please Help

Much thanks to any who answer,

Arcticus Vulpes (twilight790)