Festival of Neggs 2017!

Mouseykins

Kari has once again relinquished control of the Negg Hunt to Topsi this year. This years Festival of Neggs is similar to last year, but with different neggs and prizes. What are you waiting for? Lets go hunt some neggs!

festival_of_neggs_2017.jpg

Negg Hunt Guide

Just now, Yuiina said:

I chose Willow Negg and I only received Willowed Dress
Isn't it suppose to be the 3 items? Or it is one of those 3?

It's only one of those three and it's random, but you can get the other items from the Willow Negg in any of the remaining days of the event :)

2 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I chose Willow Negg and I only received Willowed Dress
Isn't it suppose to be the 3 items? Or it is one of those 3?

It's one at random, Yuiina, if you're lucky you'll get one of each by picking the same negg on different days. IF you're lucky.

I really wanted the fence, so I'm totally thrilled that I got it first try!

33 minutes ago, Hanso said:

It's only one of those three and it's random, but you can get the other items from the Willow Negg in any of the remaining days of the event :)

33 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

It's one at random, Yuiina, if you're lucky you'll get one of each by picking the same negg on different days. IF you're lucky.

I really wanted the fence, so I'm totally thrilled that I got it first try!

Okay! Thank you :) 

I don't quite remember but if you complete each hunt every day you get an avatar in the end? I don't participate in Festival of Neggs for many years now.

36 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I don't quite remember but if you complete each hunt every day you get an avatar in the end? I don't participate in Festival of Neggs for many years now.

I'm not sure? A quick look on google shows...maybe?

Like most of you, I also picked the Willow Negg and I was hoping to get the book, but got the Willow Fence instead... I don't care much for it. I hope I'm luckier tomorrow!

35 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I'm not completely sure, but I think there wasn't an avatar last year, but there was one the year before last. It didn't require hunting every day, but older FoN avatars did require this, so as a general rule, I'd suggest hunting every day if you can just to be safe - even though we don't know for sure if there will be an avatar this year, lol.

Hey. I just went to the Negg Cave and Topsi didn't pop up. Ive refreshed a few times and still no. Anyone else having this issue?

Never mind, i forgot to join the hunt first.  Now I cant purchase the dust in the NCmall. Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by mtsparky

20 minutes ago, mtsparky said:

Hey. I just went to the Negg Cave and Topsi didn't pop up. Ive refreshed a few times and still no. Anyone else having this issue?

Never mind, i forgot to join the hunt first.  Now I cant purchase the dust in the NCmall. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm getting a technical difficulties notification when I try to buy one.

17 minutes ago, Midgetlegs said:

I just bought one with no problem /: 

I'm using Chrome, not sure if that makes any difference. 

I meant to pick the Willow Egg hoping for the book, accidently picked the Nutty Egg and got this instead:

Tadaaaaa!

Nice choice! Look what was inside it!

bak_almond_tart.gif
Almond Tart

Oh, there's more! You've also found:

mall_negg_cloudy.gif
Cloudy Magical Negg

2 hours ago, Midgetlegs said:

They took the Mystery Dust out of the Mall for a while so hopefully it's fixed. You may want to go to the Specialty Shop in the Mall and buy from there if it's not working on the other pages still. Last year it was messed up and would only work if purchased through the Specialty Shop. Looks like they've fixed whatever was wrong since others have been able to get their dust.

Can one of you using the dust answer me this: Are you able to fill the negg 5 times in one day or is it a once/day kind of thing? Curiosity has struck.

Maybe this is my migraine talking, but using up to 5 pouches of Mysterious Dust on one Negg doesn't make sense. Using one pouch of dust on up to 5 Neggs makes more sense. Can someone please clarify this for me?

I decided to choose the nesting negg today. 

Have fun, everyone! I am on vacation and traveling. I am hoping to do this every night! :biggrin:

49 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Maybe this is my migraine talking, but using up to 5 pouches of Mysterious Dust on one Negg doesn't make sense. Using one pouch of dust on up to 5 Neggs makes more sense. Can someone please clarify this for me?

I'm afraid it does make sense, because there are 5 different available prizes to get from one Negg. So you need one pouch for every possible prize. See it this way: the pouch costs 125 NC, so you're essentially buying the items for 125 NC each.

Also, the items are awarded randomly, but you are guaranteed to not get repeats. So if you use a pouch every day, you will get one of each prize (plus a bonus prize).

13 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Can one of you using the dust answer me this: Are you able to fill the negg 5 times in one day or is it a once/day kind of thing? Curiosity has struck.

You must wait. I wanted to try again for the wig after getting the bicycle (ugh), but the message said to try again tomorrow. 

YES!  I love Festival of Neggs!  I got the book, which I'm totally happy with.  I usually splurge for the NC portion of this event but I'm not too thrilled with prize pool situations that make you spend more money than intended.  We'll see though.  Have fun everyone!

On 4/13/2017 at 1:30 PM, jellysundae said:

Woohoo, got an item I wanted on my first try!

I shall get a lot of use out of that pretty willow fence. :D

Me too.  I got the willow dress.  It is beautiful.  Now I would like the fence.  I think the willow neggs have the best items.