Festival of Neggs 2017!

Mouseykins

Um... Today I had the option to choose Avocado, so I did... and I got the book... and here it goes the "funny" part... when I try to read the book... my Neopets says "It is such a boring book" <_<  I tried changing the language but it didn't work :crying_anim:

I picked the avocado Negg again...

Tadaaaaa!

Nice choice! Look what you have found!

foo_avocado_devilegg.gif
Avocado Deviled Eggs

Dang, trying to get that book.

Tadaaaaa!

clo_Avocado_Socks.gif
Avocado Socks

Tadaaaaa!

clo_nutty_handheld.gif
Basket of Nuts

You will find it in your inventory.

How fun. I doubt I'll use it but you never know!

15 hours ago, delshnya said:

Um... Today I had the option to choose Avocado, so I did... and I got the book... and here it goes the "funny" part... when I try to read the book... my Neopets says "It is such a boring book" <_<  I tried changing the language but it didn't work :crying_anim:

Unfortunately, that "trick" no longer works for "new" books - books created since 2015? (2016?) (Not 100% sure exactly when). Neopets stopped translating books/items into other languages, which is why the trick does not work. If you change the language on Neopets, and the book keeps its "English" title, or the book completely disappears from your inventory, then it has not been translated, and your pet won't be able to read it. Kind of a bummer. This Neopian Times Editorial may explain it better (Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 704, 23rd day of Collecting, Y17):

"Hi CQ, since certain books and foods can't be read/fed to our pets, and you stopped us from changing language to do so, getting a trophy is now completely impossible for most pets. Is there any way to change the trophy system or to make sure every pet can read/eat every item? Many of us love to read and feed, and to now know that our efforts will never be rewarded makes me (and a lot of other users) really sad. Is there something you guys could do about the avatar HS list as well? Since there are so many retired avatars it's almost impossible for new players to get anywhere near the top. Also, CC was absolutely amazing, loved it! I really hope it's a yearly thing. Much love :*~ cinnamon_girl"

"Hi! So first of all, I want to clarify that the workaround is not usable for newer items because we are not translating new item names at this time, we did not change anything with older items, so that method still works for those (although it's not encouraged). This has been the case for a few months now; it is not something we suddenly changed this week. Now, as for the quirk of your pet not liking certain items, we will discuss changing those restrictions to make it fair for all pets. Also, we're glad you loved the Charity Corner!"

So, there is "hope" that the restrictions will be changed (but not holding my breath).

And, as far as the book disappearing from your inventory, when you change the language back to "English", the book should be back/appear.

EDIT: I think the avocado socks are neat! Better than a fence...

Oh...I'd not even considered this happening because they don't translate any more. D: That's a bit cruddy, isn't it. :sad:

At least they're going to discuss changing things, so they can clearly see that it really isn't fair for things to stay the way they are, it's not just people being whiny.

Woot! I got the book from the Kari Negg!

Tadaaaaa!

boo_negg_trading.gif
Negg Trading

I didn't get the option of a Kari Negg today D: Hopefully tomorrow! I heard rumors that a stamp might be released, so I'll be interested to see what other prizes come out of the Kari Negg...

14 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Unfortunately, that "trick" no longer works for "new" books - books created since 2015? (2016?) (Not 100% sure exactly when). Neopets stopped translating books/items into other languages, which is why the trick does not work. If you change the language on Neopets, and the book keeps its "English" title, or the book completely disappears from your inventory, then it has not been translated, and your pet won't be able to read it. Kind of a bummer. This Neopian Times Editorial may explain it better (Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 704, 23rd day of Collecting, Y17):

"Hi CQ, since certain books and foods can't be read/fed to our pets, and you stopped us from changing language to do so, getting a trophy is now completely impossible for most pets. Is there any way to change the trophy system or to make sure every pet can read/eat every item? Many of us love to read and feed, and to now know that our efforts will never be rewarded makes me (and a lot of other users) really sad. Is there something you guys could do about the avatar HS list as well? Since there are so many retired avatars it's almost impossible for new players to get anywhere near the top. Also, CC was absolutely amazing, loved it! I really hope it's a yearly thing. Much love :*~ cinnamon_girl"

"Hi! So first of all, I want to clarify that the workaround is not usable for newer items because we are not translating new item names at this time, we did not change anything with older items, so that method still works for those (although it's not encouraged). This has been the case for a few months now; it is not something we suddenly changed this week. Now, as for the quirk of your pet not liking certain items, we will discuss changing those restrictions to make it fair for all pets. Also, we're glad you loved the Charity Corner!"

So, there is "hope" that the restrictions will be changed (but not holding my breath).

And, as far as the book disappearing from your inventory, when you change the language back to "English", the book should be back/appear.

EDIT: I think the avocado socks are neat! Better than a fence...

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh...I'd not even considered this happening because they don't translate any more. D: That's a bit cruddy, isn't it. :sad:

At least they're going to discuss changing things, so they can clearly see that it really isn't fair for things to stay the way they are, it's not just people being whiny.

Hi everyone!  I was wondering if I was losing my mind when the book disappeared when I tried to read it in another language... this non translation thing is rather unfair though. So far my pet has read over 400 books. I have a long way to go to even make the trophy table and if I can't read every book I encounter, it looks like that will never happen now.  

That said, I now have two Avocado books and I have enough willow fence to reach Kreludor :shiftyeyes_anim:

41 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

and I have enough willow fence to reach Kreludor :shiftyeyes_anim:

:laugh:

Maybe you've just unwittingly uncovered a secret agenda there...:ph34r:

Someone somewhere's planning an invasion!

14 hours ago, Angeló said:

My Alsou is holding it and it looks good on her i think

5.png

You're right, it looks a lot better with a full custom. I think having her face right on it is a little off-putting when the bag is by itself, but it doesn't stand out as much when there are other things around it. Thanks for the example (:

I'm jealous of all of you getting Kari's negg. I haven't seen it yet! *sobs in a corner*

I need at least two of the books and one of each wearable. The one book is for my gallery and the other is for Stripes to read. :D