A belated introduction

Rometus

Well, I've commented a bit here and there- but I'm still pretty much a stranger to everyone in this sweet, lovely community- so I figured it was only right to introduce myself. 

I'm Lana, though I wish I could change my username on Neopets because that's not my last name anymore, and I'd rather not use a real name in general.  I've been a lurker here for a while, until I finally made an account.  It's one of my only accounts on the internet now, which is strange for me since I'm an artist and I used to be pretty successful.  About 2 years ago my fiance got a serious stalker online though, and we had to completely remove ourselves from the internet.  Everything I had was lost and I've just lurked here and there ever since.  Sometimes I miss being a part of a community though, and I really appreciate how sweet and friendly all the regulars are here.  Thank you for having me.

ETA: I forgot to talk about my pets!  Rometus is my baby.  He's my first pet I can actually remember, though for some reason I seem to recall making a green eyrie and two xweetoks??  I don't know why, maybe it was on a previous account I forgot about?  Strange.

He started out as a kougra, who was biscuit for a long time, but I got sick of the kougra multi-brows so for a while he was an ixi, then I got the lab ray and it's been a wild ride ever since haha
I think maybe I'd like him to be an eyrie someday, or a robot zafara but I'm not sure if that suits him.

Fang is also the only pet I've had that's stayed the same species since I made him, and also won't ever be changing color.  I just love the darigan gelert :')

Elkara I'm not 100% on.  I really love his name, but I don't know what he should be.  I was thinking a Christmas ixi for a while, but tyrannian acaras sure are cute.  He might be in for some morphing in the future!

My final slot is empty.  I'm not sure what to do with it.  I was considering a cybunny since we share the same birthday, but there are so many lovely pets.  It's really hard to choose ;w;

8 hours ago, charelan said:

Welcome Rometus! I'm glad you chose TDN as a community to join! You've probably already seen how great everyone is... it's really nice to have so many familiar faces (well... familiar names and icon thingys) about :)

thanks so much for the warm welcome!  I have definitely noticed how great everyone is.  It's something i've been admiring for a while now.

I think maybe i've been scaring people with my demonic-looking drawing of my gelert?  I did some new art of my bori, so i hope i'm less intimidating ;w;

2 hours ago, charelan said:

Wow, those are your drawings?? They are both fantastic!

aw gosh, thank you! ;w;  I've been drawing some neopets stuff lately.  Here's a couple if you'd like to see them-

Also, since you welcomed me so kindly, I'd like to draw a pet for you!  If you're interested, could you send me which one you'd like me to draw, with any additional info?

wheel boys.jpg

ankysaurbg.jpg

23 hours ago, Rometus said:

Hello Lana ! 

A real stalker? Ouch :S It must have been terrible for both of you. I'm almost sure you won't have those kind of troubles here :)
Your pets are lovely! I like Christmas Ixi but it is up to you to decide what you want him to be! Lucky for everyone there are morphing potions around :D

Choosing new pets is always hard because there are soo many to choose from! Thank goodness we can create side accounts. You can have up to 21 pets if you have side accounts!

Be very welcome :) See you around!

Hi Rometus! I am midnight_spell360 and I was glad to see your post on the TDN Forums and wanted to welcome you to the site. I sent you a Welcome package based on your pets. :) The items are for you to keep and use however you want. I am glad you found your voice and post on the Forums, so I look forward to getting to know you as a friend in this great group of diverse and supportive members. Your artwork is amazing! I can see you adding a lot to the Forums! Welcome!:cowboy: